• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they will out and out "suck"- but they wont be any good.

I mean- the Suns and Kings are not good either----- but teams like the Nuggets, Mavs have better rosters.

Would it SHOCK me if the Lakers were the worst team in the West? not necessarily- but they definitely have an opportunity to be better tahn the Suns or Kings...maybe the Mavs if things break right.

but thats prob it.

I cant see any scenario where the Lakers are better than 4th worst in the West with the Suns, Kings, and MAYBE Mavs, behind them--- but the Mavs with guys like Barnes, Noel, Mathews etc. while they dont have the cap flexibility the Lakers have--- def. have a better roster right now.

Plus- as far as the Suns go--- If i had to choose between Booker and Jackson or Ball and Ingram--- its close- but considering what Booker has lookedl ike- id prob lean towards the Suns.

Disagree except for the Mavs and I'm not convinced on them. A lot will depend on if Dirk has one more Dirk season left in him. I think that despite waiting and making late moves, the Lakers improved enough to get past the Suns and Kings.

Either way, suck or just not very good, they should be fun to watch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree except for the Mavs and I'm not convinced on them. A lot will depend on if Dirk has one more Dirk season left in him. I think that despite waiting and making late moves, the Lakers improved enough to get past the Suns and Kings.

no- i think we agree-

i think the lakers will have a better record than the Suns or Kings- but prob not hte Mavs--- and will be 3rd worst in the West--- win between 26 and 34 games.

as to Ball and Ingram or Booker and Jackson--- that will be interesting to watch. very close

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what issues are those?

a house in LA? lol. Magic "teaching" him business?

cmon now.

my factors are 1. Money, and 2. A chance to win.

not subjective garbage.

Check post #20 and post #17.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- i think we agree-

i think the lakers will have a better record than the Suns or Kings- but prob not hte Mavs--- and will be 3rd worst in the West--- win between 26 and 34 games.

as to Ball and Ingram or Booker and Jackson--- that will be interesting to watch. very close

Yeah, re-reading, I think we do agree. Booker/Jackson vs. Ball/Ingram should definitely be a lot of fun.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has no room to improve?

how about having the most valuable draft asset a team that is this good has had in YEARS in the NBA.

Ball and Ingram at ages 21 and 22 wont be ready to compete. They COULD be used as trade assets. The Lakers dont have the cap room to bring in any meaningful player outside of George and LeBron- and thats only if they gut the roster and stretch Deng, give away Clarkson, and let Randle walk, let Lopez walk, let KCP walk- in order to open up the almost 70M in cap space to sign those two.

Again- its math. But people will put their heads in the sand and deny the fundamentals of addition and subtraction in order to further their own bullshit.

lets say the Cavs trade their own first rounder, the Brooklyn pick AND TT for Gasol - which would be an overpay-- but lets just assume

PG. Thomas
SG. JR
SF. LeBron
PF. Love
C. Gasol

that is FAR AND AWAY better than anything the Lakers could put on the court----

so- LeBorn is going to go to LA to babysit the last 2-3 GREAT years of his career- instead of playing on a great team , in his hometown, making the most money, with the most control, and a CLEAR path to the Finals.

I call bullshit.

As I've said before, the ONLY way the Cavs will trade that pick is if James officially commits to re sign, or re signs beforehand.
It will be interesting, because James will lobby to go after Gasol or someone who can help the Cavs this year.
Maybe even a PG if IHOP can't play.

Unlike other years, I think Gilbert won't cave in out of fear.
He'll want, and rightfully so, a mutual deal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said before, the ONLY way the Cavs will trade that pick is if James officially commits to re sign, or re signs beforehand.
It will be interesting, because James will lobby to go after Gasol or someone who can help the Cavs this year.

:lol: @ IHOP.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- the Lakers are def. in much better cap position than the Suns and Kings--- but the Kings and Suns might have the better rosters for THIS season....anyway--- its hard for me to look at any one of those 3 teams and say any is much better or worse than the other

Lakers:
PG-Ball/Ennis
SG- KCP/Clarkson
SF- Ingram/Deng
PF- Randle/Nance Jr.
C- Lopez/Zubac

Kings
PG-Hill/Fox
SG- Hield
SF- Richardson
PF- Randolph/Skal/Giles
C- Koufos/Cauley-Stein

Suns
PG- Bledsoe
SG- Booker/Milsap
SF- Jackson/Warren
PF- Chriss/Bender/Dudley
C- Chandler/Len

now I think the Mavs are better than any of those 3 above teams.

PG- Smith Jr., Yogi Ferrell/ Devin Harris
SG- Wes Mathews/Seth Curry
SF- Harrison Barnes, Finney-Smith
PF- Dirk, McRoberts
C- Noel, Mjri

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dirk's best days are done - He is a mediocre reserve at the best and most likely can still hit some deadly threes. LeBoring needs better and younger players around him

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as YOU said before?

apparently the reports that they are already shopping the pick dont jive with what YOU said. lol.

like i said--- trade a HUGE package to the Griz for conley and gasol--- let them clear cap space- give them the brooklyn pick...and beat the Showers.

thats what i would do.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- the Lakers are def. in much better cap position than the Suns and Kings--- but the Kings and Suns might have the better rosters for THIS season....anyway--- its hard for me to look at any one of those 3 teams and say any is much better or worse than the other

Lakers:
PG-Ball/Ennis
SG- KCP/Clarkson
SF- Ingram/Deng
PF- Randle/Nance Jr.
C- Lopez/Zubac

Kings
PG-Hill/Fox
SG- Hield
SF- Richardson
PF- Randolph/Skal/Giles
C- Koufos/Cauley-Stein

Suns
PG- Bledsoe
SG- Booker/Milsap
SF- Jackson/Warren
PF- Chriss/Bender/Dudley
C- Chandler/Len

now I think the Mavs are better than any of those 3 above teams.

PG- Smith Jr., Yogi Ferrell/ Devin Harris
SG- Wes Mathews/Seth Curry
SF- Harrison Barnes, Finney-Smith
PF- Dirk, McRoberts
C- Noel, Mjri
I know that the Lakers will try to sign LeBron, but they would be stupid to give anything up to get him - In a few years, they will be a serious contender and by that time the Warriors strength will be more likely be sliding down a bit and open the windows for some new teams. LeBron(aka LeBoring) will be getting past his prime and will not be quite as valuable.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the Lakers will try to sign Dirk, but they would be stupid to give anything up to get him - In a few years, they will be a serious contender and by that time the Warriors strength will be more likely be sliding down a bit and open the windows for some new teams. LeBron(aka LeBoring) will be getting past his prime and will not be quite as valuable.
wtf?

lakers sign Dirk?

cuban would rather walk across hot coals than give dirk to the lakers--- dirk has said he is finishing his career with the mavs.

plus dirk is ancient

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the Lakers will try to sign Dirk, but they would be stupid to give anything up to get him - In a few years, they will be a serious contender and by that time the Warriors strength will be more likely be sliding down a bit and open the windows for some new teams. LeBron(aka LeBoring) will be getting past his prime and will not be quite as valuable.
i DO agree with you that by the time Ball and Ingram are developed in a 3-4 years the Warriors will be on the down slide

thats why i would think signing a guy like a Cousins whose prime jives a lot more with them than a 34 year old LeBron makes a LOT more sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers were to resign Lopez and Pope:
G Lonzo Ball
G KCP
C Brook Lopez
F Brandon Ingram
F Julius Randle

This would not be a bad line up for the next few years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally- i hope the Grizzlies suck this year----

and the Cavs trade TT, Isiah, the brooklyn pick, zizic, and osman for Gasol and Conley

PG. Conley/Rose
SG. JR/Wade
SF. LeBron/Crowder
PF. Love
C. Gasol

CAN beat the Showers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf?

lakers sign Dirk?

cuban would rather walk across hot coals than give dirk to the lakers--- dirk has said he is finishing his career with the mavs.

plus dirk is ancient
I was talking the Mavs - moron - Lakers don't want Dirk -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about if Dirk signs for one more year in 2018 - If he does that - He won't be contributing that much - more of a peace offering and a thank you from Cuban - The dude is finished. Kobe as of right now could out play him