• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not angry - I was just pointing out that as a Lakers fan, LeBron is the opponent - he is the enemy - and besides that I don't like LeBron because of his many arrogant actions both on and off the court - I thought it was ugly in the manner he handled "The Decision", I also thought it was in pour taste to walk off the court without shaking hands a few years before, I also thought he was arrogant in declaring he would win 7 championships in Miami - Really as a person - I don't see anything to like.

Now on the other hand - I really did not want to like the Spurs, the organization, Popovich or Tim Duncan, but how they handled themselves, played their game, made sacrifices for each other and considered each other - forced me to have nothing but total respect for the entire organization. Truthfully - I have more respect for Popovich and Tim Duncan than I do for Phil Jackson or Kobe Bryant. So perhaps what is missing is not that anyone hates LeBron - People in general simply don't have a lot of respect for him because of his behavior and you can't force a person to respect you. You have to earn it by treating people right.
Me too. I remember once Tim Duncan, in response to an ESPN reporter's question about why the Spurs go after a certain type of player, said "If you are selfish and after stats you can't play here". I thought that was awesome. It was so nice to see a team like that be successful. Now, the way Popovich disrespects and belittles reporters who are simply trying to do their jobs; that's another story.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I remember once Tim Duncan, in response to an ESPN reporter's question about why the Spurs go after a certain type of player, said "If you are selfish and after stats you can't play here". I thought that was awesome. It was so nice to see a team like that be successful. Now, the way Popovich disrespects and belittles reporters who are simply trying to do their jobs; that's another story.
Well for me, the greatest of all time isn't just about the stats alone. I feel that many things like you pointed out goes along with being one of the greatest.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that makes you sick, then you have some real problems. But I think most of us already knew that.

And actually, yeah. I am pretty sure most people do refer to Kanye West as "Kanye". Again, same principal.

@Montalban calls Ringo "Mr. Starr"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
works for me. just wondered why
Seriously - though - In blue collar workers or professional business, yes you should refer to a person by their first and last name or Mr LeBron - and show respect - but in sports I have always seen them referred to various ways - As far as I am concerned - if a person refers to LeBron James as LeBron, James, Dumb Ass, Bitch, Asswipe, or whatever - It's not even a discussion for me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously - though - In blue collar workers or professional business, yes you should refer to a person by their first and last name or Mr LeBron - and show respect - but in sports I have always seen them referred to various ways - As far as I am concerned - if a person refers to LeBron James as LeBron, James, Dumb Ass, Bitch, Asswipe, or whatever - It's not even a discussion for me.
So how do you refer to Larry Bird or Kevin Love or Kevin McHale? I'd be willing to bet you call them Bird, Love and McHale. Tell me I'm wrong.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you refer to Larry Bird or Kevin Love or Kevin McHale? I'd be willing to bet you call them Bird, Love and McHale. Tell me I'm wrong.
Most of the time I refer to the player using his first and last name. I do think it's more respectful, but I think that the important issue is clarity - If I refer to LeBron James, Kevin Love or some one else - then you are clear as to who I am talking about. I am an insurance auditor, I write and process detailed reports as part of my business, so I expect that referring to a person by his or her full name is an occupational hazard. I don't see either one as an issue in here either though - I would most likely ignore the person in here and not acknowledge them unless I want to piss them off for fun. Some of the ones in here are just too easy to mess with:lol:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure he’s a great guy, but do you think he complains in real life as much as he does on the b-ball court?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time I refer to the player using his first and last name. I do think it's more respectful, but I think that the important issue is clarity - If I refer to LeBron James, Kevin Love or some one else - then you are clear as to who I am talking about. I am an insurance auditor, I write and process detailed reports as part of my business, so I expect that referring to a person by his or her full name is an occupational hazard. I don't see either one as an issue in here either though - I would most likely ignore the person in here and not acknowledge them unless I want to piss them off for fun. Some of the ones in here are just too easy to mess with:lol:
OK

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true he makes everyone call him 'King James'?

Indeed...

agreed-gif-6.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? The NBA has always had only 2-3 teams with any chance of a title in a given year. Guys have been ring chasing forever too. Big names like Moses Malone and Kareem joined stacked teams etc. There's nothing particularly new going on now.

Those guys did so as role players at the end of their careers. Lebron going to Miami at 25/26 years old to a Miami team with a clear roster to assemble the "superfriends" was unprecedented. MVP candidate Durant in his prime tucking his tail between his legs and joining a 73 win team was unprecedented.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i dunno, man. if i HAD to deal with baldness, and thank God i don't, i'd shave all of it off...

patches, horseshoe, wouldn't have either...

Yeah, I don't get the comb-over crowd. If you've lost it, accept it. And no, slapping roadkill on your head isn't a good option either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is LeBron an enemy of Laker fans?

The Lakers had never competed against him in a game that mattered. And, there is a decent chance he plays in LA next year.

By the way, did you know that LeBron was a Laker fan as a kid?

Everyone is a Laker fan if they're being honest with themselves.