• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I do think he is in a position very few athletes have ever been.

He is CONSTANTLY criticized for everything under the sun. And, he has a strong desire to gen liked. Yet, he is constantly put in positions where he feels the need to defend himself.

Yes, he is arrogant. This particular quote doesn't strike me as that, however. It is more LeBron trying to defend himself and his legacy against the constant and often unjust criticism he faces.
I don't deny or doubt that LeBron is criticised often... that being said, he brings a lot of that on himself in multiple ways... for instance, he loves adopting a confrontational stance with the media. That's gonna lead to more of the probing and fishing questions which no doubt frustrate him, which lead to more snippy/sarcastic/arrogant responses from him, which lead to more probing and fishing questions... etc.

For another thing, he's heavily inserted himself into the team building and even coaching process of whatever organization he is a part of. So he is open to criticism on these fronts where most any other player really isn't.

Heck, just the other day LeBron was opining about the glory days of having Wade as a teammate... (because that was working so well this season!)...

^ Marvelous team building before the finals series is even over, LeBron. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is CONSTANTLY criticized for everything under the sun. And, he has a strong desire to gen liked. Yet, he is constantly put in positions where he feels the need to defend himself.

Yes, he is arrogant. This particular quote doesn't strike me as that, however. It is more LeBron trying to defend himself and his legacy against the constant and often unjust criticism he faces.

What he hasn't figured out and part of the reason why he continues to get criticized is that he keeps trying to defend himself against it.

All it does is add fuel to the fire. No one is going to change their opinion on him any time soon, no matter what he says or how he defends himself. For many, his constantly trying to defend himself, is part of what they don't like.

Those who hate him are going to hate him, those who like him are going to like him.

I mean, how many of the folks on here who like him or hate him have changed their opinion?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he hasn't figured out and part of the reason why he continues to get criticized is that he keeps trying to defend himself against it.

All it does is add fuel to the fire. No one is going to change their opinion on him any time soon, no matter what he says or how he defends himself. For many, his constantly trying to defend himself, is part of what they don't like.

Those who hate him are going to hate him, those who like him are going to like him.

I mean, how many of the folks on here who like him or hate him have changed their opinion?

That is true.

I don't think he can help himself though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true.

I don't think he can help himself though.

You're probably right about that. Too bad, because I think it takes away from how great a player he is.