• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kobe was actually still relevant, up until around 2010, it was a legit discussion. In fact, back then Kobe would probably have the edge.

And that 'asshole from Cleveland' has won more playing for another team, and will so again next year.

he's trying the ridiculous "jealousy" angle again...

boring...

pathetic...

and TOTALLY played out...:tsk:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you weren't.

You tried to get cute and imply I was calling him "LeBron" because it made me feel more self important. Which is total BS because lust about everyone here and in the media calls him "LeBron". You got called out, proven wrong and now you have changed your tune.
I don't think so.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point a person is so famous they get to the other level though

do you call kanye mr. West?

LeBron, Kobe, Shaq....

when was the last time you heard someone say Oneil? --- or Kobe- Bryant?---- its Kobe.....

it depends on a lot of things- how easy the name is- how unique the name is- how famous the player is-- "Pedro" was one in baseball- no one said "Martinez"---- its whatever is more distinctive- sometime its a nick name like Big Papi- or The Big Unit-- or just plain Jeter- no one called Magic Johnson -Johnson- they called him Magic. No one calleD Kobe - Bryant-- they called him Kobe or The Rapist == no one called LaDanian Tomlinson- Tomlinson- they called him LT. no one calls Kevin Durant- Durant- they call him Cupcake! no one says Draymond Green- they usually say Draymond.

it depends on what is more distinctive once you get hugely famous whether you use a first name, last name, or nickname

no one calls Pat Riley - Pat--- they call him that old man with early on set alzheimers thats walking around with his zipper down and drops of piss on his pants.
Again, do you refer to Bird, McHale and Love by their first names? If not then why James and Irving and Johnson?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

Calling Larry Bird "Bird" has noting to do with respect and everything to do with which name is more distinctive.

I am truly amazed that @Montalban doesn't get that. Or maybe he is just trolling. Always a possibiltly with him.
Oh I get it, you just don't want to admit what the reason is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporter has a job to do. James kept dodging the question. He knew what the problem was for Smith. The reporter's only problem was saying "state of mind". He should have just said "Do you think Smith knew what the score was?".
As for the peevish snit of James' telling the reporter as he walked off to "do better next time", the reporter should have said "Yea, you do better next time as well. Maybe you might win a game".

Wrong.

LeBron did the right thing by not answering the question. Teammate bonds always come before a reporter's question. The reporter wanted LeBron to throw his teammate under the bus. LeBron did not take the bait, said multiple times he wasn't going to answer and the reporter kept going. Over and over.

That type of behavior from the reporter gives all reporters a bad name.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, do you refer to Bird, McHale and Love by their first names? If not then why James and Irving and Johnson?

Been answered.

Larry and Kevin don't identify who you are taking about.

But, how about some other examples since I am pretty sure you are ignorant enough to think this has something to do with skin color:

Babe
Lance
Jimmer

1 name. First name is uncommon enough to stand by itself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone call Pedro Martinez- Martinez?

did anyone call Shaquille O neal- Oneal?

did anyone call Kobe Bryant - Bryant?

people called Randy Johnson the Big Unit- or David Ortiz Big Poppi

as i said--- once you get to that BIG TIME famous level- its one of three things--- first name, last name, or nickname- which ever is most distinctive

if Kobe's first name was Brian- yah- wed probably call him Bryant--- but its KOBE--

if you showed a basketball fan a picture of Shaquille O Neal- i will guarantee you at least 90% would say- THATS SHAQ- and not say- thats ONeal.

if you showed anyone a highlight video of Manny Ramirez- they would say- OH THATS MANNY--- not-- thats Ramirez--- Ramirez is such a common name- while MANNY is someone everyone that follows baseball knows. You say Manny- they know what you are talking about right off the bat.

its almost a short hand more than anything.

if Larry Bird's first name was Sassafras--- maybe we would call him taht instead of Bird! lol.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

LeBron did the right thing by not answering the question. Teammate bonds always come before a reporter's question. The reporter wanted LeBron to throw his teammate under the bus. LeBron did not take the bait, said multiple times he wasn't going to answer and the reporter kept going. Over and over.

Wrong.
James looked like a petulant school boy with his Sunday suit and shorts on stomping out of the room. The reporter was just fine; James was the a hole.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been answered.

Larry and Kevin don't identify who you are taking about.

But, how about some other examples since I am pretty sure you are ignorant enough to think this has something to do with skin color:

Babe
Lance
Jimmer

1 name. First name is uncommon enough to stand by itself.
Now we're gettin' somewhere.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone call Pedro Martinez- Martinez?

did anyone call Shaquille O neal- Oneal?

did anyone call Kobe Bryant - Bryant?

people called Randy Johnson the Big Unit- or David Ortiz Big Poppi

as i said--- once you get to that BIG TIME famous level- its one of three things--- first name, last name, or nickname- which ever is most distinctive

if Kobe's first name was Brian- yah- wed probably call him Bryant--- but its KOBE--

if you showed a basketball fan a picture of Shaquille O Neal- i will guarantee you at least 90% would say- THATS SHAQ- and not say- thats ONeal.

if you showed anyone a highlight video of Manny Ramirez- they would say- OH THATS MANNY--- not-- thats Ramirez--- Ramirez is such a common name- while MANNY is someone everyone that follows baseball knows. You say Manny- they know what you are talking about right off the bat.

its almost a short hand more than anything.

if Larry Bird's first name was Sassafras--- maybe we would call him taht instead of Bird! lol.
Nick names and first name only use is completely different.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeFinalsLoser is old news. Hes been exposed more times than we can count on the biggest stage. Time for people to join a new bandwagon

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that either. If you're just rooting for a brand, why not Nike instead of Golden State? You don't get attached to players you are rooting for?

Because players leave via FA, get traded or retire. Of course we get attached to players when they are there.

But at the end of the day, the team is still there long after the players are gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

From what I understand, that particular reporter is known for that kind of shit. He'll keep asking the same question a different way until the player either gives him the answer he wants or ends the interview/presser.

Lebron had already answered the same questions and had answered his question as well. Lebron just didn't give him the answer he wanted.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, that particular reporter is known for that kind of shit. He'll keep asking the same question a different way until the player either gives him the answer he wants or ends the interview/presser.

Lebron had already answered the same questions and had answered his question as well. Lebron just didn't give him the answer he wanted.

I heard the same.

I honestly don't get why reporters do that. So annoying.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I haven't read half this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

But how can anyone hate lebron as a person when none of us actually know him? He could be a complete sweetheart or a total douchebag. Seeing what he's done for different communities though he seems like a pretty good guy.

I dislike the twat as an NBA player though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I haven't read half this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

But how can anyone hate lebron as a person when none of us actually know him? He could be a complete sweetheart or a total douchebag. Seeing what he's done for different communities though he seems like a pretty good guy.

I dislike the twat as an NBA player though.

I may not of expressed it well,

But you just captured my entire point in making this thread. You can dislike somebody, and they can still be a good person. Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wut-gif-5.gif