• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you call him "Lebron" like you do know him?

Seriously? Is there some other Lebron he might get confused with? With famous people, last names are used only to avoid confusion (or in the rare case where the person uses their last name as a nickname of sorts).

Just using James would leave openings for confusion. Using his full name is unnecessary.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that, as a Warriors fan. How would you feel as a Thunder fan?
I'd have no problem. Its his business. I root for teams not players.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem. Its his business. I root for teams not players.

I don't get that either. If you're just rooting for a brand, why not Nike instead of Golden State? You don't get attached to players you are rooting for?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys did so as role players at the end of their careers. Lebron going to Miami at 25/26 years old to a Miami team with a clear roster to assemble the "superfriends" was unprecedented. MVP candidate Durant in his prime tucking his tail between his legs and joining a 73 win team was unprecedented.
Malone was reigning MVP when he moved. Stars teaming up is not as new as the haters like to believe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason to despise James.

What is your reason here?

If a reporter asked you the same exact question 8 different times after it had been asked and answered by other reporters, how would you respond?

If your issue was him leaving, the reporter was the problem there. If your issue was the shorts and the manpurse, then I totally get that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
works for me. just wondered why

No you weren't.

You tried to get cute and imply I was calling him "LeBron" because it made me feel more self important. Which is total BS because lust about everyone here and in the media calls him "LeBron". You got called out, proven wrong and now you have changed your tune.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you refer to Larry Bird or Kevin Love or Kevin McHale? I'd be willing to bet you call them Bird, Love and McHale. Tell me I'm wrong.
at some point a person is so famous they get to the other level though

do you call kanye mr. West?

LeBron, Kobe, Shaq....

when was the last time you heard someone say Oneil? --- or Kobe- Bryant?---- its Kobe.....

it depends on a lot of things- how easy the name is- how unique the name is- how famous the player is-- "Pedro" was one in baseball- no one said "Martinez"---- its whatever is more distinctive- sometime its a nick name like Big Papi- or The Big Unit-- or just plain Jeter- no one called Magic Johnson -Johnson- they called him Magic. No one calleD Kobe - Bryant-- they called him Kobe or The Rapist == no one called LaDanian Tomlinson- Tomlinson- they called him LT. no one calls Kevin Durant- Durant- they call him Cupcake! no one says Draymond Green- they usually say Draymond.

it depends on what is more distinctive once you get hugely famous whether you use a first name, last name, or nickname

no one calls Pat Riley - Pat--- they call him that old man with early on set alzheimers thats walking around with his zipper down and drops of piss on his pants.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is LeBron an enemy of Laker fans?

The Lakers had never competed against him in a game that mattered. And, there is a decent chance he plays in LA next year.

By the way, did you know that LeBron was a Laker fan as a kid?
LeBron is an enemey of Lakers fans because there used to be an argument who was better- Kobe or LEBron--- and now you look like a total ass clown if you try and make an argument for Kobe- and he has already passed up Magic as well---- some asshole from Cleveland passing up 2 Lakers greats makes them hot under the collar.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point a person is so famous they get to the other level though

do you call kanye mr. West?

LeBron, Kobe, Shaq....

when was the last time you heard someone say Oneil? --- or Kobe- Bryant?---- its Kobe.....

it depends on a lot of things- how easy the name is- how unique the name is- how famous the player is-- "Pedro" was one in baseball- no one said "Martinez"---- its whatever is more distinctive- sometime its a nick name like Big Papi- or The Big Unit-- or just plain Jeter- no one called Magic Johnson -Johnson- they called him Magic. No one calleD Kobe - Bryant-- they called him Kobe or The Rapist == no one called LaDanian Tomlinson- Tomlinson- they called him LT. no one calls Kevin Durant- Durant- they call him Cupcake! no one says Draymond Green- they usually say Draymond.

it depends on what is more distinctive once you get hugely famous whether you use a first name, last name, or nickname

no one calls Pat Riley - Pat--- they call him that old man with early on set alzheimers thats walking around with his zipper down and drops of piss on his pants.

Bingo.

Calling Larry Bird "Bird" has noting to do with respect and everything to do with which name is more distinctive.

I am truly amazed that @Montalban doesn't get that. Or maybe he is just trolling. Always a possibiltly with him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

Calling Larry Bird "Bird" has noting to do with respect and everything to do with which name is more distinctive.

I am truly amazed that @Montalban doesn't get that. Or maybe he is just trolling. Always a possibiltly with him.
no one says "Ramirez" they say Manny.

no one says Tom- they say Brady

no one says Ortiz- they say Big Poppi

nickname, first name or last name---- whichever is the most distinctive is what you get.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that either. If you're just rooting for a brand, why not Nike instead of Golden State? You don't get attached to players you are rooting for?
Too ridiculous to even comment on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is an enemey of Lakers fans because there used to be an argument who was better- Kobe or LEBron--- and now you look like a total ass clown if you try and make an argument for Kobe- and he has already passed up Magic as well---- some asshole from Cleveland passing up 2 Lakers greats makes them hot under the collar.

When Kobe was actually still relevant, up until around 2010, it was a legit discussion. In fact, back then Kobe would probably have the edge.

And that 'asshole from Cleveland' has won more playing for another team, and will so again next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

upload_2018-6-5_12-24-25.png

nothing to do with my fanship...

for the hundredth fucking TIME...:dhd:

#idiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one says "Ramirez" they say Manny.

no one says Tom- they say Brady

no one says Ortiz- they say Big Poppi

nickname, first name or last name---- whichever is the most distinctive is what you get.

You actually refer to lebron as 'The King', which is quite pathetic coming from a grown ass man.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your reason here?

If a reporter asked you the same exact question 8 different times after it had been asked and answered by other reporters, how would you respond?

If your issue was him leaving, the reporter was the problem there. If your issue was the shorts and the manpurse, then I totally get that.
Reporter has a job to do. James kept dodging the question. He knew what the problem was for Smith. The reporter's only problem was saying "state of mind". He should have just said "Do you think Smith knew what the score was?".
As for the peevish snit of James' telling the reporter as he walked off to "do better next time", the reporter should have said "Yea, you do better next time as well. Maybe you might win a game".