• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why did michigan let richrod slip away again?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sucked at Mich. Different coaching in the Big 10.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny!

Rich Rod was an even bigger dumpster fire than Hoke!

He was never competitive against anyone but Notre Dame! He managed to get UofM sanctioned for practice time violations, he embarrassed the whole program with the Josh Groban sing along. He alienated the alum and boosters, and loss to Toledo! A fucking MAC school.

Not to even get into his schemes:

ignored the defense and then stated even Vince Lombardi could not fix it. He had no idea a bunch of smurph sized players do not excel in the B1G. His scheme is built for good weather and teams that are adapt at playing 48-36 games.

No I as a UofM kool aid drinker can pine for the days of Lloyd Carr but in no way shape or form think Rich Rod fit in the B1G! Well maybe Indiana or Purdue were 8-4 seasons are benchmarks.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny!

Rich Rod was an even bigger dumpster fire than Hoke!

He was never competitive against anyone but Notre Dame! He managed to get UofM sanctioned for practice time violations, he embarrassed the whole program with the Josh Groban sing along. He alienated the alum and boosters, and loss to Toledo! A fucking MAC school.

Not to even get into his schemes:

ignored the defense and then stated even Vince Lombardi could not fix it. He had no idea a bunch of smurph sized players do not excel in the B1G. His scheme is built for good weather and teams that are adapt at playing 48-36 games.

No I as a UofM kool aid drinker can pine for the days of Lloyd Carr but in no way shape or form think Rich Rod fit in the B1G! Well maybe Indiana or Purdue were 8-4 seasons are benchmarks.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more like a Bobby Bowden retirement?

Very close.

If Les Miles looses to Jacksonville Stae would LSU fans call for his head? It wouldn't matter if they won their div title or would have been a top 20 team in Div 1-A. People would force the school to retire him.

Same thing happened after Appy St. People forget after losing to Appy UofM beat Notre Dame, PennState, MSU, and Florida in a bowl.

Problem is and has been the A-holes in power at A2 have no clue on how to pick a head coach. And a BCS power is now an average MAC team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rich Rod.

I remember, seems like he took a real beating by the Michigan and B1G press on his departure. Lot of character attacks and such. I don't really know much about him, but I took that stuff with a grain of salt.

We live in a society that likes to build people up, then get absolutely giddy tearing em down.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"retired"

If the fans were going to push out Lloyd, it would have been in 2005...not 2007. There certainly wasn't enough pressure to make him go away before he actually wanted to. In fact, they signed him to a 2 year deal after 2005; despite the fan pressure to get him out of there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rich Rod.

I remember, seems like he took a real beating by the Michigan and B1G press on his departure. Lot of character attacks and such. I don't really know much about him, but I took that stuff with a grain of salt.

We live in a society that likes to build people up, then get absolutely giddy tearing em down.

Would Texas fans be so understanding of Strong if he got the sanctioned, on probation, losing schollies and then goes out and looses to Sam Houston? Texas would not be big enough for him to hide.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Texas fans be so understanding of Strong if he got the sanctioned, on probation, losing schollies and then goes out and looses to Sam Houston? Texas would not be big enough for him to hide.

I'm not really picking sides or anything, as I was not there. Just saying I like Rich Rod, but don't really know a lot about him.

To answer your question, You are absolutely right, we would be furious.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RichRod is a good coach. One of the pioneers of modern college offenses. It was just a bad fit. HE inherited a roster that simply did not fit his style and his style didnt fit the University. His first year Michigan finished 11th in total offense in the Big 12. 7th in 09 and 1st in 2010. Those are the facts. His undoing was the 9th, 9th, and 11th finish in defense. IMO you can boil down most coaches into 2 types. Coaches with core abilities that recruit to their core strength and treat the other side of the ball like red-headed stepchild. Second on being more rare, a coach with a core competence that understands and has genuine interest in the other side of the ball. If I was interviewing a coach, I would dedicate 75% of the time asking about the "other side of the ball"..Ex.

"So Briles, what are your plans for the defense?"
"Coach Muschamp, tell me about your vision for the offense"

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really picking sides or anything, as I was not there. Just saying I like Rich Rod, but don't really know a lot about him.

To answer your question, You are absolutely right, we would be furious.

It's not that I am thinking your picking sides, four years is a lot of time to pass and people tend to forget about some of the happenings. I would not expect an LSU fan or Texas fan remember the total joke that UofM was when Rich Rod held hands and sing some Josh Groban. As a UofM fan I am closer to the butt hurt is all.

I hate the Buckeye fans they are like elephants they never forget!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I am thinking your picking sides, four years is a lot of time to pass and people tend to forget about some of the happenings. I would not expect an LSU fan or Texas fan remember the total joke that UofM was when Rich Rod held hands and sing some Josh Groban. As a UofM fan I am closer to the butt hurt is all.

I hear ya there, we got some of those ourselves.

And I really don't know anything about the Michigan program, just superficial stuff.

It's like, I get so MAD when Finebum is talking about Texas this year, as he knows zero about what is going on in Austin. So I definitely get your points, because those that are not around really only know the superficial things about a program and the people involved. Reading all the people talk about the Mack Brown/Saban/Texas stuff last year was frustrating, because they really did not have a clue.

Y

Yapp14

'Cept with their on issues....

Maurice Clarret? Never heard of him?

Love,

EVERY OH ST FAN

Y

Yapp14

I hear ya there, we got some of those ourselves.

And I really don't know anything about the Michigan program, just superficial stuff.

It's like, I get so MAD when Finebum is talking about Texas this year, as he knows zero about what is going on in Austin. So I definitely get your points, because those that are not around really only know the superficial things about a program and the people involved. Reading all the people talk about the Mack Brown/Saban/Texas stuff last year was frustrating, because they really did not have a clue.
I used to like Finebaum but he totally shit on his own credibility during that stuff

Y

Yapp14

OH St is the only program that I know who has built TWO wall shrines to coached who left in the wake of scandal

Wayne Woodrow Hayes and Jim Tressel

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Cept with their on issues....

Maurice Clarret? Never heard of him?

Love,

EVERY OH ST FAN

So all you got is to bring up that idiot Mo? Okay...got it!:pound:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the fans were going to push out Lloyd, it would have been in 2005...not 2007. There certainly wasn't enough pressure to make him go away before he actually wanted to. In fact, they signed him to a 2 year deal after 2005; despite the fan pressure to get him out of there.

The back to back losses to start '07 sealed his fate.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH St is the only program that I know who has built TWO wall shrines to coached who left in the wake of scandal

Wayne Woodrow Hayes and Jim Tressel

Both fine coaches and stand up individuals. :clap: