• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Am I Optimistic?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...But I feel like we can really put up a fight in week 1 and even win...

Key to victory would be Glennon taking care of the ball...

I think if we have 0 or only 1 turnover that we win...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a lot of people saying this leading up to week 1, to be honest.

It just seems like one of those classic NFL trap games, doesn't it?

Team drops the Super Bowl in heartbreaking fashion, and is expected to make another run at the NFC title this year. Maybe they played a bit over their head last season? Goes on the road to Soldier Field, to face a Bears team that was 3-13 and most outsiders assume will be a roll over win. The Bears probably have a little more talent than some think, and could be very fired up as underdogs coming off a terrible season.

If there's ever been a candidate for a SB hangover, it's ATL after that SB mess. IMO, our defense will stun Ryan and ATL a couple of times in the first half. If we can capitalize on a couple of three-and-outs or a turnover, get a lead. All of the sudden, ATL starts feeling that pressure mount, while our boys should be playing free and loose.

I'd much rather see the toughest teams on the schedule early on, to be honest. I said this in 2015, before a game like this vs Green Bay in week 1. Nobody gave us a shot in that one either, but we led at half and played well. Early on in the season, every year we see a couple very good teams hover around .500 a bit and struggle to get off the ground. Lose a game or two in September you wouldn't expect. Teams don't quite have their new personnel figured out yet, and sometimes offenses take a month or so to really hit their stride.

We're certainly not beating ATL on paper, but there's a lot of variables in play here. Which make me truly believe we have a chance. Honestly, so long as we make it a good game, I'll be happy. I'll be sad to see us lose, as always. Overall though, it would be a victory and inspire hope.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistic because chicago bear football with a strong defense can make it to the super bowl, as long as we have a QB that does not fuck up throwing picks.