• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There’s really only one answer at QB… (I think)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let’s weigh the pros and cons of each:

Top tier guys (only two)

Rodgers;

Pros are… stability, transitional guy, able to elevate the play of others. The team is in the playoff conversation.

Cons are… age, talk of retirement, an abysmal playoff record. The cost to get him here is a wash if you can get him here.

D. Watson; (the ONLY real choice)

Pros are youth, skill level, and ability to elevate the play of others. The team is constantly in playoff conversations and deep-run status.

Cons are… Legal issues, 1 or 22 depends on how you count them. The cost to trade for him is a wash against what you are getting in return.

Next, there are the middle tier guys (Only two)

R. Wilson;

Pros are…. Stability, competence above what we have, and increase in wins to the 8, 9, range 10 if they get very, very, lucky.

Cons… Age, rebuild continues, commitment to the game.

J. Garoppolo;

Pros are… stability, competence above what we have. Wins increase from 5, 6, 7 to 7, 8, 9 range.

Cons are… value on return per investment is not clear, more rebuild on the current team, wasted season(s) on further rebuild. His health.

Then you have the lower tier guys (a few here)

Trubisky, Mariota, and Kyle Allen are all of the same types of players, enough said, since they already have one of this type. It’s a waste of time and resources to get another. This team is already a 5, 6, and 7 if they are lucky, win team with Heinicke, Nothing changes with any of these guys. Even if you got or used Allen as the stopgap, you’re wasting years on the other 52 guys in the continued building and/or prep for a drafted QB.

Finally, about this prospective draft... Repeating myself from a year ago…There’s not one player (QB) in this upcoming draft who grades out into the top half of this draft. (At least two will bust because they are drafted too early and forced to start too soon) There are, however, projects that if drafted much later in round one or early in round two with the idea being to sit them as they learn and grow into NFL-level prospects. Looking at Washington, and its current build pattern, there are two if drafted in the second round and sat for a season or so, would be perfect for Rivera’s team. They are Matt Corral and Malik Willis. For those of you who want a QB at 11, (you’re not going to get Pickett er Josh Rosen) and forget Corral and his injury propensities, take Willis despite the fact that I believe that you can get him in round 2. No matter what you do in this regard, you’re still going to need a QB or waste another season waiting on your draftee.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell Wilson is top tier. I'd honestly rather have Kirk than Jimmy G and if you hooked Kyle up to a machine I'd bet he'd feel the same way.

With no sure thing in this draft, maybe the smart thing to do is go for the guy with the highest ceiling. I'm drafting a QB every year until I get it right anyway.

Yes, you can get far with a middle tier QB. However, if you get one of the big guys, the top 7 guys, you should be set at the position for 15 years.

It is so much easier to build around a great QB than to try and build a great team around a mid level QB.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell Wilson is top tier. I'd honestly rather have Kirk than Jimmy G and if you hooked Kyle up to a machine I'd bet he'd feel the same way.
:agree: Wilson is head and shoulders above Jimmy. That middle tier should be Carr and Jimmy. And yes, I think Kyle would rather have Cousins at this point--at least Cousins can stay on the field.
Yes, you can get far with a middle tier QB. However, if you get one of the big guys, the top 7 guys, you should be set at the position for 15 years.

It is so much easier to build around a great QB than to try and build a great team around a mid level QB.
Well said. Spot on.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, about this prospective draft... Repeating myself from a year ago…There’s not one player (QB) in this upcoming draft who grades out into the top half of this draft. (At least two will bust because they are drafted too early and forced to start too soon) There are, however, projects that if drafted much later in round one or early in round two with the idea being to sit them as they learn and grow into NFL-level prospects. Looking at Washington, and its current build pattern, there are two if drafted in the second round and sat for a season or so, would be perfect for Rivera’s team. They are Matt Corral and Malik Willis. For those of you who want a QB at 11, (you’re not going to get Pickett er Josh Rosen) and forget Corral and his injury propensities, take Willis despite the fact that I believe that you can get him in round 2. No matter what you do in this regard, you’re still going to need a QB or waste another season waiting on your draftee.
You didn't Lawrence graded out into the top half of the draft last year?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With no sure thing in this draft, maybe the smart thing to do is go for the guy with the highest ceiling. I'm drafting a QB every year until I get it right anyway.

We can agree to disagree on Wilson but the reason I listed him in that 2nd tier was because his success was primarily based on a great defense and an equally great running attack. I have no doubt that he has skills, especially when throwing the deep ball, but have we honestly seen him success with him as the reas one others are better?

On many occasions, I have stated that sports teams should always be in "constant upgrade" mode, and I cannot recall a time when Washington actually had and elite QB post Sonny.

I think that despite some consternation and gnashing of teeth, because of his legal troubles, there's truly only one move that doesn't require continued building of the team. Add that guy, a #1 WR, another LT and instantly this offense becomes one of the best in the league. Defense???? We can talk about fixes there too.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you restate the question please, thanks!
LOL, i mushmouthed that didn't i? You said that last year there wasn't one QB that graded out in the top half of the draft. That would mean you didn't think Lawrence graded out that high--is that right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the draft a qb till you get one bandwagon. I would seriously scout Carson Strong and Bailey Zappe and use a 2nd on Strong and if he is gone A 4th of Zappe if his arm checks out

I would bring you in the bitch or Mm as a stopgap with falco and have them ALL fight it out

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if Pickett, Coral and perhaps even Willis are still available at 11. So many things are changing and moving this off season, and lots of teams are so far over the cap, drafting a cheap QB and rolling the dice, may be the gameplan. No one is mentioning Ridder in the 2nd? Thoughts on him in the 2nd?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if Pickett, Coral and perhaps even Willis are still available at 11. So many things are changing and moving this off season, and lots of teams are so far over the cap, drafting a cheap QB and rolling the dice, may be the gameplan. No one is mentioning Ridder in the 2nd? Thoughts on him in the 2nd?
Ridder is no different then Willis. 2-4 round

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a draft pick

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell is worth a 1st rounder he is being underrated

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, i mushmouthed that didn't i? You said that last year there wasn't one QB that graded out in the top half of the draft. That would mean you didn't think Lawrence graded out that high--is that right?
No, I was speaking about this upcoming draft (2022) after scouting and studying them way back in 2021.

1643240378012.png

The previous draft had 4 guys who graded out as first-rounders, I had Fields over Lawrence and wanted Washington to go after him.

My annual QB assessments

April 16, 2021 • 34 posts • 567 views

Washington Football Team(Redskins)

#1 -Stymietee
I wrote about Trevor Lawrence. Fortunately for him, he won’t be and as such, I believe that he (Fields) is actually the best QB in this draft, in fact, I’m sure of it. Cutting the field in half and asking his QB’s to rely upon that one ...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridder is no different then Willis. 2-4 round
I'd take Willis over Ridder because of the higher ceiling and higher floor, but hey we all see them differently!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers and Adams are eying Denver. Link is on bleacher report but some some reason it's a pain in the ass to Link BR to this site from my phone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Willis over Ridder because of the higher ceiling and higher floor, but hey we all see them differently!
It's early but I think I'm with you on this.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3