• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why all the SEC hype?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that went 0-8 in the conference last year and a team that's from the big 12 are playing for the sec championship game. I'm more of a NFL guy but it seems to me like the SEC is getting a lot of unwarranted hype. :noidea:

Can't argue with that right thar

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm sure Spurrier will be glad to know he won all those games in the house that Urb built. I'm no Florida fan, but saying Urban Meyer made Florida good is just a tad bit of hyperbole.

You do know they played in a BCS bowl last year, right?

So do most good teams. When I say relevant I mean top 5. In the discussion for a national title. And I guess next year relevant will mean the top 4 teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you know that Ohio State and Florida State will lose this weekend, Auburn will beat Mizzou and then Bama will get a rematch with Auburn in the BCSCG?

It's already set in stone.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjfd4hnE-PI]I like the way you talk - YouTube[/ame]

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I see this year is that College Football is pretty much down across the board. Especially in the AQ conferences.

Go across the nation, there just aren't that many good to great teams. And then we have a ton of middling.

Talk to any conference homer, and he'll bring up a number of middling teams as an argument, but the fact is, there just isn't that many great teams this year. If any.

I don't see Florida State as being all that great. I guess we'll see.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how many ranked teams has A&M beaten? I thought that was what matters.

The answer is Zero. A&M is 0-4 vs ranked teams an 8-0 vs unranked teams.

How many UNRANKED teams has Texas lost to?
The CORRECT answer is twice as many as the # of ranked teams Texas has beaten.

How many ranked teams has Texas beaten? The CURRENT answer is one. After this weekend NEW the answer will be ...the same # of ranked teams as Texas A&M has beaten! Zero!

How many ranked teams has Texas beaten?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Zero. A&M is 0-4 vs ranked teams an 8-0 vs unranked teams.

How many UNRANKED teams has Texas lost to?
The CORRECT answer is twice as many as the # of ranked teams Texas has beaten.

How many ranked teams has Texas beaten? The CURRENT answer is one. After this weekend NEW the answer will be ...the same # of ranked teams as Texas A&M has beaten! Zero!

How many ranked teams has Texas beaten?

I'm not the one whining about the position my team is in.

Just trying to help out someone who still doesn't think the favoritism the SEC gets from the BCS is enough.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ SEC going from who you lost to, to who you beat.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ SEC going from who you lost to, to who you beat.

I prefer to think in terms of "who you are" and leave it at that. With Bama, thats all you need.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. If teams from the sec are winning every year that's fine, you shouldn't overrate the whole conference because there are a couple good teams. There are really only one..maybe two teams in the sec this year that are head and shoulders better than most of the country.

Georgia
Georgia tech
Florida
Auburn
Missouri
Texas a&m
Kentucky
Tennessee
Arkansas
LSU

I wouldn't lose sleep facing any of these teams. I think ohio state can beat them all :noidea:

Clearly hasn't watched Mizzou play this year.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even argue with the haters. They know the SEC is the best, so they come here to vent and whine while the SEC just keeps winning about everything there is to win. If my team was in a loser conference, I might be tempted to do the same thing ... not that I really know how that feels.

:suds: Here's the to the haters ... I hope the day never comes where you aren't envious as that would mean we aren't on the top any more.

See you in the bowl games!

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly hasn't watched Mizzou play this year.

I have not, I know the players on their team though. Ohio state would out score them. It's as simple as that. Their front 7 is ok, not enough though.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not, I know the players on their team though. Ohio state would out score them. It's as simple as that. Their front 7 is ok, not enough though.
This is as dumb a post as the posts people make about how weak OSU is when they have no idea. You would probably object to those, but make this one ... :L

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has an Od-esqe smell to him!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even argue with the haters. They know the SEC is the best, so they come here to vent and whine while the SEC just keeps winning about everything there is to win. If my team was in a loser conference, I might be tempted to do the same thing ... not that I really know how that feels.

:suds: Here's the to the haters ... I hope the day never comes where you aren't envious as that would mean we aren't on the top any more.

See you in the bowl games!

I always find it hilarious when UGA fan starts sucking on that Team SEC dick and shout "SEC supremacy" when UGA has nothing to do with it. :laugh3: