• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your pick for the four playoff teams?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious 4 Are

Alabama
Oklahoma
Florida State
Ohio State

Bookmarket
I've still got USC as a potential playoff contender. I think it's gonna be OSU and Bama (homer pants engaged) and either FSU or USC and OU or USC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed where teams say they prefer Alabama players? All you did was post the rhetoric NFL GM's spew any time you question them about a college player, except al.com pulled anything said about Alabama and put it in one story.

If you'd like -- I can post Martin Mayhew's news conference quotes (while he was GM for the Lions) any time he has spent a high draft pick on a player -- It is basically the same rhetoric you posted, blowing sunshine up the ass of whoever coached the guy they drafted and how well coached and prepared they are.

Here is just Riley Reiff:
Comes from a great tradition of offensive linemen at Iowa, extremely well coached, athletic and versatile. We aren't drafting a developmental player. He is a very experienced player, great technique, played at a high level in the Big Ten.

It is GM rhetoric is all that you posted.

Anyways -- you can try to spin it however you'd like. Simple fact is -- Alabama is the #1 football team in college because they are, by far, the most talented team in the country and it isn't even close. You can try to say it is some secret or the complicated defenses Bama runs, but it is simply Bama is better than every team they play. Bama's backups could win the SEC East and probably beat half the teams in the West.

It is hilarious to hear you even argue when Bama has had the #1 recruiting class every year for like the last decade. Yet somehow, teams are nipping at their heels talent wise. You realize how dumb that sounds? It'd be like giving New England the #1 pick in the NFL draft for a decade and saying other teams are just as talented. :L

How is what you posted GM rhetoric? Are you suggesting they are really looking for players who aren't well coached, are unathletic and completely unable to adapt?

Are you really so dumb as to think you can't recruit top talent AND development them at the same time?

Does it not occur to you that the main reason why Saban/Alabama recruits so well to start with is because they are known to be among the best at developing talent for the NFL?

You seem to have no clue what "Correlation does not imply causation" means.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Not Washington
2. Not Washington
3. Not Washington
4. Definitely not Washington

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is what you posted GM rhetoric? Are you suggesting they are really looking for players who aren't well coached, are unathletic and completely unable to adapt?

Are you really so dumb as to think you can't recruit top talent AND development them at the same time?

Does it not occur to you that the main reason why Saban/Alabama recruits so well to start with is because they are known to be among the best at developing talent for the NFL?

You seem to have no clue what "Correlation does not imply causation" means.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smartest reply I've ever seen from you.

No clue where my response went. Not retyping it.

I will leave it with this:

If you think the talent level is 'close' in CFB -- you are a fool. Alabama has had the #1 recruiting class for lord knows how many years in a row. 6, 7, 8? I lost count.

Alabama has more 5 star recruits than the entire B1G combined. If I had to guess -- they also have more than all the other conferences combined too (that isn't a fact, but if I had to bet, I would bet they do)

THAT is why they are the top team in college football. It also confirms exactly what I've said repeatedly -- college football is about collecting the most talent. No one does it better than Bama/Saban.

It is exactly why I said Saban couldn't do at MSU what Dantonio has -- because he'd never get a class even remotely near the classes he can get in the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue where my response went. Not retyping it.

I will leave it with this:

If you think the talent level is 'close' in CFB -- you are a fool. Alabama has had the #1 recruiting class for lord knows how many years in a row. 6, 7, 8? I lost count.

Alabama has more 5 star recruits than the entire B1G combined. If I had to guess -- they also have more than all the other conferences combined too (that isn't a fact, but if I had to bet, I would bet they do)

THAT is why they are the top team in college football. It also confirms exactly what I've said repeatedly -- college football is about collecting the most talent. No one does it better than Bama/Saban.

It is exactly why I said Saban couldn't do at MSU what Dantonio has -- because he'd never get a class even remotely near the classes he can get in the SEC.

Alabama has more talent overall because of consistency in the recruiting rankings, not because Alabama pulls in a large gap in talent every year. And when it comes to 5 stars, you do realize there aren't that many in general right? It's really the 4 stars that fill out the teams and the gap between 4 star and 5 star isn't all that big. If you look on 24/7, you see ratings next to them.

You making mountains out of molehills. Alabama is no doubt the best in recruiting rankings and probably the most talented team in the country. But it's not as large a gap as you think.

Getting good recruits doesn't mean they are developed and until you can understand that, you'll continue to be an idiot.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Ohio State
Washington
Michigan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has more talent overall because of consistency in the recruiting rankings, not because Alabama pulls in a large gap in talent every year. And when it comes to 5 stars, you do realize there aren't that many in general right? It's really the 4 stars that fill out the teams and the gap between 4 star and 5 star isn't all that big. If you look on 24/7, you see ratings next to them.

You making mountains out of molehills. Alabama is no doubt the best in recruiting rankings and probably the most talented team in the country. But it's not as large a gap as you think.

Getting good recruits doesn't mean they are developed and until you can understand that, you'll continue to be an idiot.

Yes, I know there isn't that many 5 star recruits, which makes it even more obnoxious how many Bama has in comparison to any other school.

And you can continue to say the gap is small between some teams, but you are kidding yourself. I will put it in perspective. I just looked up 2016's class. UM had 9 players with roughly a 93 rating or higher. Bama had a 24 person class that AVERAGED roughly a 93 rating.
UM had a top 5 class.

What you don't seem to grasp is -- the rest of the country doesn't have a conference footprint which grows up watching SEC football with allegiances to one team or another. Alabama has signed more 5 star recruits from just the state of Alabama than UM has signed total in 20+ years.

The SEC isn't appalled about satellite camps because they think it is too much -- they want to protect what has made the SEC the best conference in CFB (their conference footprint). They don't want other coaches building relationships with players and coaches, who would otherwise be a shoe in to go to a SEC school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know there isn't that many 5 star recruits, which makes it even more obnoxious how many Bama has in comparison to any other school.

And you can continue to say the gap is small between some teams, but you are kidding yourself. I will put it in perspective. I just looked up 2016's class. UM had 9 players with roughly a 93 rating or higher. Bama had a 24 person class that AVERAGED roughly a 93 rating.
UM had a top 5 class.

What you don't seem to grasp is -- the rest of the country doesn't have a conference footprint which grows up watching SEC football with allegiances to one team or another. Alabama has signed more 5 star recruits from just the state of Alabama than UM has signed total in 20+ years.

The SEC isn't appalled about satellite camps because they think it is too much -- they want to protect what has made the SEC the best conference in CFB (their conference footprint). They don't want other coaches building relationships with players and coaches, who would otherwise be a shoe in to go to a SEC school.

So your state is a bunch of pussies is your excuse?

Ohio St had a higher average than Alabama last year, and last I checked they weren't in the SEC footprint.

They recruit well because they win and they have a good program going right now. Alabama before Saban was not pulling in top20 classes. What changed? Winning.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your state is a bunch of pussies is your excuse?

Ohio St had a higher average than Alabama last year, and last I checked they weren't in the SEC footprint.

They recruit well because they win and they have a good program going right now. Alabama before Saban was not pulling in top20 classes. What changed? Winning.

They recruit well because they are the only major college in the most talent rich state in the Midwest. Location is half the battle in college. Plus, Urban Meyer, like Saban is a great recruiter.

And you point out last year, which was the greatest class in Ohio state history and talk about it like it is the norm. I haven't looked, but out of curiosity, when was the last time OSU had a better avg class than Bama?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They recruit well because they are the only major college in the most talent rich state in the Midwest. Location is half the battle in college. Plus, Urban Meyer, like Saban is a great recruiter.

And you point out last year, which was the greatest class in Ohio state history and talk about it like it is the norm. I haven't looked, but out of curiosity, when was the last time OSU had a better avg class than Bama?

So now Ohio St also has a recruiting advantage over Michigan?

:lol:

You are full of excuses.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Ohio St also has a recruiting advantage over Michigan?

:lol:

You are full of excuses.

They always have. It isn't like it is a big secret. Hell, quite a few of UM's all-time great players were from Ohio. The last two guys to win the Heisman at UM -- Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard were both from Ohio.

UM's advantage is the education you will get and the alumni network you will have access to after graduating.

UM's major disadvantage -- high school football, as a whole, in the state is nothing special. This past year was probably the best it has been in quite some time. Even then, it included only 1 player in the top 100 HS recruits.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always have. It isn't like it is a big secret. Hell, quite a few of UM's all-time great players were from Ohio. The last two guys to win the Heisman at UM -- Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard were both from Ohio.

UM's advantage is the education you will get and the alumni network you will have access to after graduating.

UM's major disadvantage -- high school football, as a whole, in the state is nothing special. This past year was probably the best it has been in quite some time. Even then, it included only 1 player in the top 100 HS recruits.

This is like claiming LSU has a major advantage in recruiting against Alabama because Louisana produces more NFL talent per capita than other states/Alabama.

The kids usually gravitate towards winners and success because that is what they want to be. Ohio St is killing Michigan in recruiting not because of geography, but because Ohio St is perceived as being winners and being successful. The same reason Alabama pulls top recruits out of Louisiana on a consistent basis.

Hell, Rashaan Evans was born and grew up in Auburn. His dad was a player at Auburn and owns a store in Auburn. He was a 5 star. You'd think he's be a lock for Auburn, but he came to Alabama because he thought it gave him the best future with coaching etc.

If Michigan was having the success Ohio St has had over the past 10-20 years, then Michigan would be pulling in the classes Ohio St is. You're just making excuses.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like claiming LSU has a major advantage in recruiting against Alabama because Louisana produces more NFL talent per capita than other states/Alabama.

The kids usually gravitate towards winners and success because that is what they want to be. Ohio St is killing Michigan in recruiting not because of geography, but because Ohio St is perceived as being winners and being successful. The same reason Alabama pulls top recruits out of Louisiana on a consistent basis.

Hell, Rashaan Evans was born and grew up in Auburn. His dad was a player at Auburn and owns a store in Auburn. He was a 5 star. You'd think he's be a lock for Auburn, but he came to Alabama because he thought it gave him the best future with coaching etc.

If Michigan was having the success Ohio St has had over the past 10-20 years, then Michigan would be pulling in the classes Ohio St is. You're just making excuses.
That's not true at all. It's not like Michigan was having much success in the 90's, especially over Cooper, to get those Ohio kids to go up north.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you really this foolish? OF COURSE the hometown team is going to have an advantage over other schools for in state recruits. The fact I even have to type that out is ridiculous. The in state kids, especially kids from Michigan and Ohio. If you are offered from one of the Big 3 in the area (UM MSU OSU) overwhelming majority of the time. You are signing with one of them. In Ohio, ND is added to the mix.

It is why I laughed when fans from other teams said they would sign Donovan Peoples Jones. Grew up a Michigan fan. Parents went to Michigan. His HS sends 2 or 3 recruits a year to Michigan.

The reason UM will never have a class like Bama or like Ohio State -- we don't have the level of HS football those two states have. As I said -- Bama has signed more 5 star recruits from the state of Alabama in the last 4 or 5 years than the state of Michigan has produced since they started the star ratings.

Michigan has to rely on out of state players and in state, they have to worry about MSU stealing the few solid recruits away. The stars would have to align for UM to come anywhere near the type of classes Bama and OSU bring in

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this foolish? OF COURSE the hometown team is going to have an advantage over other schools for in state recruits. The fact I even have to type that out is ridiculous. The in state kids, especially kids from Michigan and Ohio. If you are offered from one of the Big 3 in the area (UM MSU OSU) overwhelming majority of the time. You are signing with one of them. In Ohio, ND is added to the mix.

It is why I laughed when fans from other teams said they would sign Donovan Peoples Jones. Grew up a Michigan fan. Parents went to Michigan. His HS sends 2 or 3 recruits a year to Michigan.

The reason UM will never have a class like Bama or like Ohio State -- we don't have the level of HS football those two states have. As I said -- Bama has signed more 5 star recruits from the state of Alabama in the last 4 or 5 years than the state of Michigan has produced since they started the star ratings.

Michigan has to rely on out of state players and in state, they have to worry about MSU stealing the few solid recruits away. The stars would have to align for UM to come anywhere near the type of classes Bama and OSU bring in

And Alabama pulls in people from around the nation because Alabama is America's team?

Or is it because of more important factors?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Alabama pulls in people from around the nation because Alabama is America's team?

Or is it because of more important factors?

Wow. And you call ME a bandwagon fan? It blows my mind that this even needs to be explained to you.

The blue blood programs all pull kids from around the nation. The biggest difference in the blue bloods -- the kids they pull from their own backyard/conference footprint. It is why you have watched Harbaugh do anything he can to build relationships in the South and West Coast. It is why he did the satellite camps. It is why he took the team to IMG.

To put it in perspective -- prior to this past year -- in 2014, 2015 and 2016 combined. The state of Michigan didn't have a top 50 recruit (Damon Webb may have been one, but not sure). Only had 2 top 100 recruits (and one was thrown out of school) and only had 3 top 150 recruits. During that same time period -- Alabama signed 5 five star recruits from Alabama alone. During that same time -- Ohio State signed 13 top 150 recruits from the state of Ohio.

It isn't a big secret. The fact you are even questioning it makes me laugh and question how much you really follow CFB? Hell -- I'm starting to think you actually believed the dribble coming out of the SEC commish's mouth about satellite camps too. The ONLY reason they wanted it stopped is they didn't want other coaches coming into the conference footprint to run camps. The reason Harbaugh went bonkers -- because he didn't have to worry about repercussions. Coaches can come hold all the camps they want in Michigan. We don't have the high school player base to make it worthwhile for coaches to make the trek.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. And you call ME a bandwagon fan? It blows my mind that this even needs to be explained to you.

The blue blood programs all pull kids from around the nation. The biggest difference in the blue bloods -- the kids they pull from their own backyard/conference footprint. It is why you have watched Harbaugh do anything he can to build relationships in the South and West Coast. It is why he did the satellite camps. It is why he took the team to IMG.

To put it in perspective -- prior to this past year -- in 2014, 2015 and 2016 combined. The state of Michigan didn't have a top 50 recruit (Damon Webb may have been one, but not sure). Only had 2 top 100 recruits (and one was thrown out of school) and only had 3 top 150 recruits. During that same time period -- Alabama signed 5 five star recruits from Alabama alone. During that same time -- Ohio State signed 13 top 150 recruits from the state of Ohio.

It isn't a big secret. The fact you are even questioning it makes me laugh and question how much you really follow CFB? Hell -- I'm starting to think you actually believed the dribble coming out of the SEC commish's mouth about satellite camps too. The ONLY reason they wanted it stopped is they didn't want other coaches coming into the conference footprint to run camps. The reason Harbaugh went bonkers -- because he didn't have to worry about repercussions. Coaches can come hold all the camps they want in Michigan. We don't have the high school player base to make it worthwhile for coaches to make the trek.

So your excuse is that your kids are all a bunch of liberal pussies.