• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your pick for the four playoff teams?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw does get credit for maintaining the success. Who do you think he worked under and learned how the program was built? Shaw not only was a coordinator for all four years at Stanford under Harbaugh. He also worked under him at San Diego too.

Here, since 1 recruit doesn't mean shit. THIS is developing talent -- not having the most talented team, by a landslide, and then professing how he 'coaches them up':

Jack Conklin -- he was a ZERO star recruit. Zero Division 1 offers. Walk on at MSU. 1st round pick NFL draft

Darqueze Dennard -- two star recruit -- zero division 1 offers. MSU gave him a scholarship. 1st round NFL draft pick

Trae Waynes -- two star recruit -- MSU had to beat out North Dakota, Bowling Green and Central Mich Fan to sign him. 1st round pick in the NFL

Le'Veon Bell -- the 131st ranked running back out of HS. MSU had to beat out Marshall and Eastern Michigan to sign him. #1 RB in the NFL

Connor Cook -- recruited out of HS by nobody. MSU gives him a scholarship and he is one of the best QB's in CFB and turns MSU into a top 10 program.

Should I keep going? Kirk Cousins, Shalique Calhoun, Greg Jones, Jerel Worthy, Jeremy Langford, etc.

THAT is developing talent. What Saban does isn't developing talent -- it is getting elite talents to play alongside each other. Big difference. It is why I said Saban couldn't do what Dantonio has done at MSU.

And the only people saying it is a small gap is delusional Bama fans who don't have a grasp on reality. Here you go -- this is from last year's CFB playoff:

Number of 5 star recruits

Alabama: 23

Ohio State, Washington, Clemson COMBINED: 10

Tell us all again about how close the talent gap is and how CFB isn't about collecting the most talent. That is ALL it is about. It is also why Saban will never leave the SEC. Understanding yet why I say, very good football coach, but a great coach in the SEC?

And save your breathe on your ridiculous retort of -- "oh look, a Michigan fan fan sucking MSU's dick". I was born and raised in Michigan and you learn about both programs. It is why I say with confidence Saban couldn't do what Dantonio did because he wouldn't get the recruits and he'd have to ACTUALLY coach up talent.

So Harbaugh gets credit for Shaw, but Saban doesn't get credit for Dantonio? Cool.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh gets credit for Shaw, but Saban doesn't get credit for Dantonio? Cool.
Well Shaw followed right after Harbaugh while MSU had two failed coaches in between Saban and Dantonio and had become one of the worst programs in the B1G.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Shaw followed right after Harbaugh while MSU had two failed coaches in between Saban and Dantonio and had become one of the worst programs in the B1G.

I was speaking more towards him learning. Dantonio's longest tenured coaching job prior to him becoming HC at MSU was as an assistant under Saban at MSU.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I missed where Dantonio took over for Saban at State? I know I only live in Michigan and watched MSU on a weekly basis, but I'm pretty sure it was 6 or 7 years and multiple coaches before Dantonio took over.

I do give credit to Saban for what the program looked like when he left though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your prior post, you literally said: the talent gap is small with the top teams right now. I just gave you the numbers from right now. Bama has almost 2.5 time more 5 star recruits than the other playoff teams COMBINED.

And I'm not using Dantonio to downgrade anybody. I'm using him as an example of what developing talent is.

LSU, Florida St and Ohio St all recruit at near the same level as Alabama.

I guess all the NFL teams who like Alabama players because they have been well coached and know more than the average draftee are stupid. And all the money Alabama spends on coaches/staff is just a waste of time because all Saban needs to do is recruit.

I'll remember that the next time I hear about how someone getting drafted from a school other than Alabama has more upside than the Alabama player because the Alabama player is already near their max potential.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed where Dantonio took over for Saban at State? I know I only live in Michigan and watched MSU on a weekly basis, but I'm pretty sure it was 6 or 7 years and multiple coaches before Dantonio took over.

I do give credit to Saban for what the program looked like when he left though.

Obviously that didn't happen dumbass. I'm speaking more towards the fact that Dantonio spent the longest time as an assistant under Saban at MSU. But let me guess, he learned nothing from Saban on how to run a program.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU, Florida St and Ohio St all recruit at near the same level as Alabama.

I guess all the NFL teams who like Alabama players because they have been well coached and know more than the average draftee are stupid. And all the money Alabama spends on coaches/staff is just a waste of time because all Saban needs to do is recruit.

I'll remember that the next time I hear about how someone getting drafted from a school other than Alabama has more upside than the Alabama player because the Alabama player is already near their max potential.

Feel free to list 'all the NFL teams' who prefer Alabama players. My guess is it will be an article from an 'anonymous source' on al.com.

And you can continue to say teams recruit at the same level -- so put up the numbers and prove it. I did it for you with the CFP teams.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously that didn't happen dumbass. I'm speaking more towards the fact that Dantonio spent the longest time as an assistant under Saban at MSU. But let me guess, he learned nothing from Saban on how to run a program.

Dantonio built his own program. He is never going to get elite recruits at MSU unless they grow up in the handful of MSU areas in Michigan.

Dantonio and Saban couldn't be further from each other. MSU doesn't get 5 star recruits. They find players who fit their system and develop them. Saban brings in the best of the best and has the most talent by a landslide. Then Bama fans say -- he developed the elite recruits.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio built his own program. He is never going to get elite recruits at MSU unless they grow up in the handful of MSU areas in Michigan.

Dantonio and Saban couldn't be further from each other. MSU doesn't get 5 star recruits. They find players who fit their system and develop them. Saban brings in the best of the best and has the most talent by a landslide. Then Bama fans say -- he developed the elite recruits.

So Dantonio learned nothing from Saban then? Even though it was his longest tenured assistant coaching gig in his career. Again, shit is laughable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Jam invented the forward pass.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to list 'all the NFL teams' who prefer Alabama players. My guess is it will be an article from an 'anonymous source' on al.com.

And you can continue to say teams recruit at the same level -- so put up the numbers and prove it. I did it for you with the CFP teams.

You're a fucking idiot for even questioning it. I almost can't believe you are dumb enough to even argue these things.

It's from AL.com, but it's hardly anonymous sources:

Have Alabama DBs reached their full potential before the NFL?

"I think from a fundamental standpoint, the ability to learn a playbook, retain it, process that, I think Alabama players are as game-ready as they come," said Los Angeles Rams general manager Les Snead,

"They're coached really, really well at Alabama," said former Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik.

"I don't know if you're going to get them much more prepared technique-wise than Nick has them coming out of Alabama," said Chicago Bears coach John Fox.

Almost word for fucking word on this one:

Dominik says the top talents in Alabama's secondary, in general, are not potential guys" and that's "a good thing."

Snead agrees.

"They're probably as well-coached as anyone," he said. "I think those guys are ready to play from a technique standpoint and also from a mental aptitude standpoint because Coach Saban is going to run more pro-style, complicated [defenses]."

Got any more stupid shit you want to claim today?

Oh and bonus:

Nick Saban's defense 'more complicated' than some NFL teams' systems, Mark Barron says

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the sportingnews.com (article: Which colleges produce most NFL draft picks? Top programs since 2010)...

1. Bama- 51 (17 first round picks)
2. Florida- 42 (10 first round picks)
3. LSU- 42 (6 first round picks)
4. FSU- 41 (9 first round picks)
5. Ohio State- 39 (8 first round picks)
6. OK- 39 (5 first round picks)
7. Clemson- 38 (5 first round picks)
8. Georgia- 38 (5 first round picks)
9. USC- 36 (5 first round picks)
10. The U- 32 (3 first round picks)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking idiot for even questioning it. I almost can't believe you are dumb enough to even argue these things.

Oh and bonus:

Nick Saban's defense 'more complicated' than some NFL teams' systems, Mark Barron says

According to the sportingnews.com (article: Which colleges produce most NFL draft picks? Top programs since 2010)...

1. Bama- 51 (17 first round picks)
2. Florida- 42 (10 first round picks)
3. LSU- 42 (6 first round picks)
4. FSU- 41 (9 first round picks)
5. Ohio State- 39 (8 first round picks)
6. OK- 39 (5 first round picks)
7. Clemson- 38 (5 first round picks)
8. Georgia- 38 (5 first round picks)
9. USC- 36 (5 first round picks)
10. The U- 32 (3 first round picks)

giphy.gif

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and bonus:

This was a pretty good endorsement too...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and bonus:

I missed where teams say they prefer Alabama players? All you did was post the rhetoric NFL GM's spew any time you question them about a college player, except al.com pulled anything said about Alabama and put it in one story.

If you'd like -- I can post Martin Mayhew's news conference quotes (while he was GM for the Lions) any time he has spent a high draft pick on a player -- It is basically the same rhetoric you posted, blowing sunshine up the ass of whoever coached the guy they drafted and how well coached and prepared they are.

Here is just Riley Reiff:
Comes from a great tradition of offensive linemen at Iowa, extremely well coached, athletic and versatile. We aren't drafting a developmental player. He is a very experienced player, great technique, played at a high level in the Big Ten.

It is GM rhetoric is all that you posted.

Anyways -- you can try to spin it however you'd like. Simple fact is -- Alabama is the #1 football team in college because they are, by far, the most talented team in the country and it isn't even close. You can try to say it is some secret or the complicated defenses Bama runs, but it is simply Bama is better than every team they play. Bama's backups could win the SEC East and probably beat half the teams in the West.

It is hilarious to hear you even argue when Bama has had the #1 recruiting class every year for like the last decade. Yet somehow, teams are nipping at their heels talent wise. You realize how dumb that sounds? It'd be like giving New England the #1 pick in the NFL draft for a decade and saying other teams are just as talented. :L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed where teams say they prefer Alabama players? All you did was post the rhetoric NFL GM's spew any time you question them about a college player, except al.com pulled anything said about Alabama and put it in one story.

If you'd like -- I can post Martin Mayhew's news conference quotes (while he was GM for the Lions) any time he has spent a high draft pick on a player -- It is basically the same rhetoric you posted, blowing sunshine up the ass of whoever coached the guy they drafted and how well coached and prepared they are.

Here is just Riley Reiff:
Comes from a great tradition of offensive linemen at Iowa, extremely well coached, athletic and versatile. We aren't drafting a developmental player. He is a very experienced player, great technique, played at a high level in the Big Ten.

It is GM rhetoric is all that you posted.

Anyways -- you can try to spin it however you'd like. Simple fact is -- Alabama is the #1 football team in college because they are, by far, the most talented team in the country and it isn't even close. You can try to say it is some secret or the complicated defenses Bama runs, but it is simply Bama is better than every team they play. Bama's backups could win the SEC East and probably beat half the teams in the West.

It is hilarious to hear you even argue when Bama has had the #1 recruiting class every year for like the last decade. Yet somehow, teams are nipping at their heels talent wise. You realize how dumb that sounds? It'd be like giving New England the #1 pick in the NFL draft for a decade and saying other teams are just as talented. :L
Do you realize how dumb it sounds to not realize how close the top 10 recruiting ranked teams are in talent level? Beyond that, it's player development... which just so happens to be what Bama does as good as anyone in the country. Hence all the NFL draft picks that were just spoon fed to your dumb ass. Not only draft pick wise, but actually winning things of importance with their draft picks in college unlike what Harbs has been able to do while at a loaded UM. There's a few coaches that you could put in the same sentence with Saban when it comes to CFB, Harbaugh isn't one of them based on actual accomplishments tho. Especially since Saban has did it in a much tougher conference to do it in. Saban has cemented his place as one of the greatest CFB coaches of all time, Harbs can only hope to accomplish half of what Saban has done and, considering what he's done with the talent he's had to do it with, I'm not so sure he'll ever be half that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize how dumb it sounds to not realize how close the top 10 recruiting ranked teams are in talent level? Beyond that, it's player development... which just so happens to be what Bama does as good as anyone in the country. Hence all the NFL draft picks that were just spoon fed to your dumb ass. Not only draft pick wise, but actually winning things of importance with their draft picks in college unlike what Harbs has been able to do while at a loaded UM. There's a few coaches that you could put in the same sentence with Saban when it comes to CFB, Harbaugh isn't one of them based on actual accomplishments tho. Especially since Saban has did it in a much tougher conference to do it in. Saban has cemented his place as one of the greatest CFB coaches of all time, Harbs can only hope to accomplish half of what Saban has done and, considering what he's done with the talent he's had to do it with, I'm not so sure he'll ever be half that.
Yes but unlike Saban, Harbaugh can't duck Michi...
Gan......

State?