• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC West

Who will win the NFC West?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's nothing? Tell me beside Romo and Bradford ( both who are considered fragile ) name me a say Mmmm 5 other QBs who have had 2 serious injuries in their career? Heck name 3.
Palmer has played 15 or more games in a season 9 times. That is not exactly what I would call injury prone.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's nothing? Tell me beside Romo and Bradford ( both who are considered fragile ) name me a say Mmmm 5 other QBs who have had 2 serious injuries in their career? Heck name 3.
Well, considering his first ACL was from a hit has since been made illegal and the second was non-contact. I'm not any more worried than I was when Warner was under center.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. 5 years ago no one knew the Seahawks existed.

Yep, hell they didn't have any fans. I traveled through time to retroactively cheer for them in '76.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Seattle because I think their qb position is more stable than Zona's with Carson nearing 40, it is more than likely he doesn't play the whole season because of injury or plays injured which will affect his production....

Agreeing with an Oldschool post.

Which means I have to pick SF as the division champs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, hell they didn't have any fans. I traveled through time to retroactively cheer for them in '76.
I don't mean to disrespect you old timers but don't be oblivious to the sudden surge of "Seahawks fans"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if he stays healthy.

I don't think Palmer's health is too much of a concern, for me it's his age. Can he produce another career year or does he drop back a bit? Both teams are stacked and should be a great race to the top.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to disrespect you old timers but don't be oblivious to the sudden surge of "Seahawks fans"

That comes with every team that starts winning. If the Jags make the playoffs and happen to advance to the next round, they'll probably gain 12 more fans for the next season.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, therefore there is no need for an injury clause in our avatar bet.
It's not just about Palmer. Any QB can get injured at any time. If it happens it makes the bet kind of lame. But whatever. I'm good either way.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. 5 years ago no one knew the Seahawks existed.
You are right. I was out of place backing my team in such a way that was completely undeserved.
Hopefully one day fans might know we are no longer an expansion team.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're not. We just kind of shrug our shoulders and think 'oh well.'

I'd rather have the bandwagon fans and the success, than the losing and the 'hell I'm special!' vibe. If Seattle wasn't threatening, you wouldn't feel the need to point out how johnny come lately they are.

I'll take you angst over your ambivalence any day.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the bet?
No specifics have been laid out. Personally, I think avatar bets are kind of lame, but if it adds a little flavor to the fan rivalry, why not.

How about after the division is clinched the bet starts and stays in effect until a month or two after the SB?
Also, one of the 2 teams has to win the division. If somehow the Rams or Niners:pound:pull it off, the bet is off.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about Palmer. Any QB can get injured at any time. If it happens it makes the bet kind of lame. But whatever. I'm good either way.
Very good. Again, I've never done an avatar bet but I suggest an avatar of the winners choice to be adorned by the loser for 1 Week or 1 month (you select) effective within 24 hrs of either Seattle or Az clinching the NFCW. Should neither team win the division the bet is off.
Deal?
Have I left anything out?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not. We just kind of shrug our shoulders and think 'oh well.'

I'd rather have the bandwagon fans and the success, than the losing and the 'hell I'm special!' vibe. If Seattle wasn't threatening, you wouldn't feel the need to point out how johnny come lately they are.

I'll take you angst over your ambivalence any day.
Packer fans have to just be sickened by the NFC West over the past few years. I believe the Seahawks, Niners and Cards have knocked them out of the playoffs in recent history.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Palmer's health is too much of a concern, for me it's his age. Can he produce another career year or does he drop back a bit? Both teams are stacked and should be a great race to the top.

Yah the age is what gets me too. He's 36 and will be closer to 37 going into this season. His best season was far and away last season... so we'll see if he can duplicate that at his age.

Tom Brady will be 39 so not implying a QB can't get it done at that age, but I don't think I'd lump Palmer and Brady (or Manning) in the same category either. Brady/Manning have shown a great deal of amazing seasons... where Palmer has shown only a few and now with the game footage available of a QB just kind of coming into "Oh... this guy is someone we can't take lightly" he may have trouble duplicating that success.

Agreed 100% both teams are stacked though. Outside of Wilson/Palmer there's a ton of support on both teams. Good WR groups, question marks at RB but looks promising, defenses are both great. I'll give Arizona the nod on O-Line and the passing game for sure. Seattle probably gets the SLIGHT nod on rush attack and defense. Realize Cards got Robert in the 1st but Reed in the 2nd (who could've been a 1st) is just as good. Both just do separate things. Robert if he gets his head on right could be a pass rush nightmare and Reed looks to be a complete shut down DT on any sort of run game (big against Gurley in our division).

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If does drop back, it won't just be a bit, it will be significant. That's just how it is with QBs when the hits add up. Looking at his arm strength last year makes me think he's got more gas in the tank than your average 37 year old QB, so I doubt that cliff is this year. But whenever it comes, it'll be swift.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good. Again, I've never done an avatar bet but I suggest an avatar of the winners choice to be adorned by the loser for 1 Week or 1 month (you select) effective within 24 hrs of either Seattle or Az clinching the NFCW. Should neither team win the division the bet is off.
Deal?
Have I left anything out?
Funny, Did you read my my post about the terms before you posted this? We basically said the same thing.
Let's make it a month. Bet on.