• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who was the best team in 2017?

Who was the best team in 2017?

• Total voters

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the playoffs arrived, Alabama's linebackers were healthy again and we weren't so weak on the run. It was towards the end of the regular season that we were hurting badly there. We got a few guys back for Auburn but they clearly weren't 100%.

Oklahoma had one if the best offensive lines in the nation. I wager they were a match for Alabama's defensive front seven. Add that to a backfield with Anderson and Sermon and a fast and good recieving corps it would have been fun to watch.

Sorry but Watson was on another level

I disagree. Two different offenses and styles. If a play broke down Watson was more likely to look to run (and he was a better runner) and Mayfield was more likely to look to pass (and I think Mayfield had a better deep ball and better timing). As I say, apples and oranges in styles and offenses. We can agree to disagree.

I still say Oklahahoma would have been a better match. Either way it would have been fun to watch Alabama's defense tested by a truly excellent offense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma had one if the best offensive lines in the nation. I wager they were a match for Alabama's defensive front seven. Add that to a backfield with Anderson and Sermon and a fast and good recieving corps it would have been fun to watch.

I don't doubt that Oklahoma had the best offense in the country. It's your defense that's the problem. All the other playoff teams had top5-10 offenses AND defenses. Oklahoma had the best offense, but your defense was not even in the top50 IIRC.

And we saw that good defenses could slow/stop Oklahoma in the 2nd half of the Georgia game. It's hard to get your offense doing things if your defense is so bad they never get the ball.

I disagree. Two different offenses and styles. If a play broke down Watson was more likely to look to run (and he was a better runner) and Mayfield was more likely to look to pass (and I think Mayfield had a better deep ball and better timing). As I say, apples and oranges in styles and offenses. We can agree to disagree.

I still say Oklahahoma would have been a better match. Either way it would have been fun to watch Alabama's defense tested by a truly excellent offense.

Watson threw guys open and made amazing passes. One of the best QB's I've seen at the college level in my lifetime. His success in the NFL before getting injured only confirms it.

I would have rather have played Oklahoma because I think you would have been an easier win and I'm tired of hearing about games that didn't matter. Although the funny thing is Oklahoma's defense is so bad we never would have needed Tua, and that might be bad for the future. So things worked out as best they could for Alabama overall.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's true that Auburn beat Alabama, the Crimson Tide also beat 3 of the 4 teams that beat Auburn; and Auburn took such a physical beating against Alabama (and the second meeting with Georgia) that they weren't able to recover in time to beat UCF.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not vote in a poll that doesn't have a potato salad option.