• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who was the best team in 2017?

Who was the best team in 2017?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama - They won the official National Championship Game, but they failed to reach the SEC Conference Championship. They had 0 wins vs Top 15 heading into the bowl season and lost their only game vs Top 10. However, they did dominate top seed Clemson and did win over SEC Champion Georgia.

Ohio State - Had wins over 2 Top 10 teams and 4 vs Top 15 in the Final AP Poll. USC's loss to them bumped them out of Top 10 and MSU's dominating win over Washington State brought them up to Top 15. However, they had two losses, one was a blowout loss to some sexy looking team. But their resume is a great resume.

UCF - They did not lose and correct me if I am wrong here but UCF's biggest win was to the same team that gave Alabama their loss. Okay, I know I am stretching here, but I don't care.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama for me as well.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No two loss team should ever be National Champion. Especially if there are undefeated teams and one loss teams.

No team with a crappy schedule can really claim to be number 1, Washington and Wisconsin.

Being undefeated in 13 games is impressive. but a weak schedule comes to bear. Beating an Auburn team that beat Alabama and Georgia is impressive, but Auburn lost to Clemson, LSU, Geogia, and UCF.

Alabama is Number 1, but I voted way back when that UCF should have had their spot, because Alabama could not even win their division or their conference.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same team that walked away with the hardware.

What is Ohio State doing as a choice? They got blown out at home by OU and clown stomped by 31 points by an 8-5 Iowa team.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:finger2:

What is Ohio State doing as a choice? They got blown out at home by OU and clown stomped by 31 points by an 8-5 Iowa team.

I agree, not sure what Ohio State is doing up there.

but :finger2: anyway

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit I wish people would stop bringing that up awful Iowa ass kicking.:D On the plus side though @ least the Buckeyes won the conference & bowl game.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama. Jermy boy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I sure as hell didn't vote for Ohio State.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Boise4Life

Boise State lost to Fresno State. UNLV beat Fresno State. Therefor: Rebels > Broncos.:heh:

:peep:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the correct answer is

giphy.gif

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Boise4Life

Boise State lost to Fresno State. UNLV beat Fresno State. Therefor: Rebels > Broncos.:heh:

:peep:

Interesting I didn't see Boise up there as an option.

We did lose to Fresno, but then turned around and beat them in the conference championship the following week. We also lost to a 6-7 Virginia team at home by 18 points. If anything the end of year ranking of #22 may have been generous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting I didn't see Boise up there as an option.

We did lose to Fresno, but then turned around and beat them in the conference championship the following week. We also lost to a 6-7 Virginia team at home by 18 points. If anything the end of year ranking of #22 may have been generous.

Just talking a little trash. Of course Boise is helluva better than UNLV. Actually they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I'm a UNLV fan. When I lived in Vegas I was season ticket holder for hoops.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking a little trash. Of course Boise is helluva better than UNLV. Actually they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I'm a UNLV fan. When I lived in Vegas I was season ticket holder for hoops.

Ohio State was such a Jekyll and Hyde team last season. They definitely had some real quality wins and at times looked almost unbeatable. Then at other times, not so much. Super talented, just a bit inconsistent.

Kind of going through it as a Rebels fan. The basketball team has gotten a ton of talent over the years, but doesn't give effort, doesn't play well as a team, and doesn't seem to be particularly well coached. The football team's a mess too, but somehow managed to beat Fresno on the road last season. I have no idea how in the hell you did that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was such a Jekyll and Hyde team last season. They definitely had some real quality wins and at times looked almost unbeatable. Then at other times, not so much. Super talented, just a bit inconsistent.

Kind of going through it as a Rebels fan. The basketball team has gotten a ton of talent over the years, but doesn't give effort, doesn't play well as a team, and doesn't seem to be particularly well coached. The football team's a mess too, but somehow managed to beat Fresno on the road last season. I have no idea how in the hell you did that.

Yeah Ohio State was a tough team to read @ times this past season. Well w/ the exception of that Iowa game. After that any talk of them being 1 of the 4 best teams in the country was over.

As far was Runnin' Rebels hoops I'm still giving new HC Marvin Menzies time. He's only in his 2nd year & he's still cleaning up the mess left behind from Dave Rice. He set the program back & wasn't a good coach, glad he's gone. Right now they are 14-6. Through 20 games last season they were 10-10. But they have frustrated me on both ends of of the court several times this year.

The football program has been bad for a long time. This current HC (Tony Sanchez) has ties to Vegas & I'm hoping he'll be the 1 to turn things around. They still have a long way to go though.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thatJekyll/Hyde was because we all thought they were better than they really were when they pounded on UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland and Nebraska.

And they may not have been good enough to go back to back with pretty good opponents. Happens to a lot of the teams when they play pretty good opponents back to back. While Iowa may not have been super, they were good enough to whip tOSU after Penn State took a lot out of 'em. JMO

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No two loss team should ever be National Champion. Especially if there are undefeated teams and one loss teams.

No team with a crappy schedule can really claim to be number 1, Washington and Wisconsin.

Being undefeated in 13 games is impressive. but a weak schedule comes to bear. Beating an Auburn team that beat Alabama and Georgia is impressive, but Auburn lost to Clemson, LSU, Geogia, and UCF.

Alabama is Number 1, but I voted way back when that UCF should have had their spot, because Alabama could not even win their division or their conference.

I didn't say who deserve the National Championship. I am saying who was the best team. I think when Ohio State beat Miami (FL) in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio State was not the best team. I think if they played 5 times, Miami would win 4. I don't think the NYG team that beat undefeated NE was the best team, they just won when they needed.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn beat Alabama so it has to be UCF.