• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Should I Drop

Who Should I Drop

• Todd Fraizer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sal Perez

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Carlos Gomez

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I can do but eat crow. Tasty stuff.

That said, I was not against trading Stanton (was it Price you received? ....thought that was fine at the time)

As for Gomez.... yeah, he's got Josh Hamilton syndrome... I also think Puig has it. But yeah, it wasn't about me believing in Gomez as it was not caring to keep Sal Perez. Still, there is no positive for me here.

Well done.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I can do but eat crow. Tasty stuff.

That said, I was not against trading Stanton (was it Price you received? ....thought that was fine at the time)

As for Gomez.... yeah, he's got Josh Hamilton syndrome... I also think Puig has it. But yeah, it wasn't about me believing in Gomez as it was not caring to keep Sal Perez. Still, there is no positive for me here.

Well done.

It's all good. Just messing with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought that, seeing as Stanton sucked for much of the season before he broke (again) and Carlos Gomez was fucking designated for assignment, now was a good time to revisit these discussions.

As it were, I dropped Gomez and traded away Stanton while folks were mistaking him for a top 10 player.

I'm exceedingly pleased that I went against your suggestions.

FGkIQLJ.gif

I am glad it worked for you, buy all my responses were based on market value of those players at the time, not what they will produce.

If a player is viewed as a top 10 guy by everybody, then your return should reflect that. If you don't value him that way, Then trade him to somebody who does.

Now, I haven't gone back and re-read all the comments, but I know I never told you not to trade Stanton. I merely encouraged you to make sure you got enough in return. Just because you are low on a guy (you were definitely right) doesn't mean you should accept a low ball offer when others are likely willing to give more.

That was my whole point at the time, but clearly the conversation went south.