• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who on this board called Wade's depature from Miami practically all of last season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally and 1 million percent agree with you. Problem is Wiggy likes to always keep bringing that argument back up.

And yeah, he continues to knock Pat Riley for losing his fastball. He's the only one that ever brings it up.

Exactly. It's a bit odd to go after such an accomplished NBAer. Not as a player, even though he did win a ring w/ Lakers in the 70's. But everything else he's done. The funny thing is if the Cavs had an executive w/ Riley's resume Wiggy would be reminding everyone daily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally and 1 million percent agree with you. Problem is Wiggy likes to always keep bringing that argument back up.

And yeah, he continues to knock Pat Riley for losing his fastball. He's the only one that ever brings it up.
you seriously think Pat Riley is still a good GM? lol.

dude- Princeton MBA's that work 60 hours a week using advanced stats and techniques are populating front offices around the league from OKC to Golden State to Cleveland to Dallas etc.

as i said- hes an analog player in a digital world. Hes a dinosaur that has lost his touch who's prime has long since passed. The guy is over 70 for shits sake- he had an AMAZING run- i cant and wont deny that- no doubt a hall of famer. Right now hes about as useful as tits on a mule.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's a bit odd to go after such an accomplished NBAer. Not as a player, even though he did win a ring w/ Lakers in the 70's. But everything else he's done. The funny thing is if the Cavs had an executive w/ Riley's resume Wiggy would be reminding everyone daily.
Larry Brown has a great resume too- i certainly wouldnt hire him to coach my NBA team.

Red Auerback and John Wooden have great resumes too- they are dead as door nails though.

Just because you did something years ago- certainly does not mean you can do it now- ESPECIALLY when you start getting up there in age. I dont know how he could be much more than a figurehead at this point anyway.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown has a great resume too- i certainly wouldnt hire him to coach my NBA team.

Red Auerback and John Wooden have great resumes too- they are dead as door nails though.

Just because you did something years ago- certainly does not mean you can do it now- ESPECIALLY when you start getting up there in age. I dont know how he could be much more than a figurehead at this point anyway.

You crack me up.:pound: Years ago? We're talking about the end of the '14 season, not 2 decades ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u see another LeBron knocking down his door? lol

Well seeing as how he's already left his mark w/ the franchise I don't see how that even matters. But then again you'll stop @ nothing to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as how he's already left his mark w/ the franchise I don't see how that even matters. But then again you'll stop @ nothing to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove.
im just saying he isnt any good anymore.

Paul Brown left his mark with the Browns....he doesnt have anything left to prove...that CERTAINLY does not mean he is a good coach- i mean- apart from the fact he is dead. lol.

Why you think that Pat Riley is currently a good GM because he used to be is beyond me- especially with how the NBA has changed so much. I do not dispute what so ever that Riley used to be a good GM and is a hall of famer-

Running my team in 2016? HEEEELLLLLL NAAAAAAAAAWWW.....

I mean- if you looked at NOTHING else besides his age- if I was the owner of a team and saw my 70 year old GM just lose the best player in the league and then the most popular player in franchise history- and trade away multiple unprotected first rounders out into the future- id fire his ass in a new york minute.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying he isnt any good anymore.

Paul Brown left his mark with the Browns....he doesnt have anything left to prove...that CERTAINLY does not mean he is a good coach- i mean- apart from the fact he is dead. lol.

Why you think that Pat Riley is currently a good GM because he used to be is beyond me- especially with how the NBA has changed so much. I do not dispute what so ever that Riley used to be a good GM and is a hall of famer-

Running my team in 2016? HEEEELLLLLL NAAAAAAAAAWWW.....

I mean- if you looked at NOTHING else besides his age- if I was the owner of a team and saw my 70 year old GM just lose the best player in the league and then the most popular player in franchise history- and trade away multiple unprotected first rounders out into the future- id fire his ass in a new york minute.

What the hell are you blathering about now? Show me 1 comment where I said anything about him as a current GM. I mentioned repeatedly his entire NBA career. I give you credit for trying to spin things in your favor, but you've failed again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you blathering about now? Show me 1 comment where I said anything about him as a current GM. I mentioned repeatedly his entire NBA career. I give you credit for trying to spin things in your favor, but you've failed again.

You're arguing with a clown

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seriously think Pat Riley is still a good GM? lol.

dude- Princeton MBA's that work 60 hours a week using advanced stats and techniques are populating front offices around the league from OKC to Golden State to Cleveland to Dallas etc.

as i said- hes an analog player in a digital world. Hes a dinosaur that has lost his touch who's prime has long since passed. The guy is over 70 for shits sake- he had an AMAZING run- i cant and wont deny that- no doubt a hall of famer. Right now hes about as useful as tits on a mule.

You do realize that Arison's kid went to Duke, right? Heat made the playoffs 17 out of the last 21 years. They also have more titles in this century sans Spurs and Lakers. But yeah, keep reaching.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Arison's kid went to Duke, right? Heat made the playoffs 17 out of the last 21 years. They also have more titles in this century sans Spurs and Lakers. But yeah, keep reaching.

"but he's 70 fer shit's sake" drools one clown fan...:heh:

If he was so great he'd stop or reverse that, right...?:rolleyes2:

Course the load in his Depends adult diapers would know more than Wiggy about basketball...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Riley's past work without a doubt warrants him a spot in the hall of fame.

I wouldnt want him anywhere near being in charge of my team at this point- making tough decisions though- planning out years ahead etc...... if he is a figurehead and a leader and just sets the culture thats one thing.

Ive said it for a while now- the Heat needed to rebuild once LeBron left- instead Riley kept them competing- and dealt draft picks who's protections are practically non existent.

This is when teams make irrevocable mistakes- when they have a GM who's incentives do not line up with the teams incentives.

When you see a 70 year old man trade away numerous first round draft picks that are barely protected in order to compete right away- and then see the same guy let Dwayne Wade walk- you begin to wonder what the fuck a guy is doing. Those are completely contradictory strategies.

these Durant and Westbrook and Griffin pipe dreams have to stop. Aint happening.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it any way you want but when you have two guys 6'11" or taller on the court at the same time it's going to slow the offense down. When Birdman was there in 2014-15 they started him frequently over Whiteside...And when Amare was there this year they frequently started him...

The bottome line is that Toronto had proven itself to be the better team all season long and deserved to win the series. Miami didn't.

I should probably move this post to the "Let's Just Make Shit Up" thread. There is literally nothing in it that is true.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having guys that are 6'11 on the court at the same time are going to slow an offense down. Jesus Christ is that the most retraded shit I've ever heard. Whiteside and Bosh are complete opposites in the roles they have. Bosh can be used as a stretch 4 and can stand in the perimeter to spread out the defense. Whiteside's a traditional center.

Boy, the Spurs were such dumbasses in the late 90's and early 2000's for having 2 7-footers on the court at the same time. I'm convinced that HurricaneBitch is the product of inbreeding.

I tried to explain it to him.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside:

2014-15 - 48 games played, 32 starts
2015-16 - 73 games played, 43 starts

FACT. Hassan Whiteside
Miami Heat - Ho-hum 23-20 record through January 20, 2016 with Bosh and Whiteside starting together.

FACT. 2015-16 Miami Heat

None of this means anything. Whiteside was still learning the game (he was essentially a rookie) and the Heat in general were still learning to play together because a lot of those guys were injured the season prior.

As some Heat fans pointed out, part of the reason they played better was because Joe Johnson was a great addition. How much better would the Heat be with Bosh and Joe Johnson?

Your insistence that the Heat would somehow be worse without a top 20 player in the league is pretty hilarious.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this means anything. Whiteside was still learning the game (he was essentially a rookie) and the Heat in general were still learning to play together because a lot of those guys were injured the season prior.

As some Heat fans pointed out, part of the reason they played better was because Joe Johnson was a great addition. How much better would the Heat with Bosh and Joe Johnson?

Your insistence that the Heat would somehow be worse without a top 20 player in the league is pretty hilarious.

Well, Whiteside was moved to the bench after the 23-20 start until the last three games of the regular season, so the "learning" excuse doesn't float here. It was Spo's strategy. Hassan Whiteside 2015-16 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/whiteha01/gamelog/2016/
And yes, the addition of Johnson and the ensuing move of Luol Deng to the PF position was big for them because not only did they add another shooter but it also allowed them to pick up the pace at the same time. If Bosh was still there through that particular stretch, someone's effectiveness would have suffered.

48-34 with a second round appearance was as far as that roster was going to get, and apparently Dwyane Wade agreed or else he wouldn't have jumped ship from the franchise he'd been with for 13 years...