• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who on this board called Wade's depature from Miami practically all of last season?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Wiggy?

Nope, that's right - I did.

Granted, I had him going to the Spurs and not the Bulls, but the fact is I saw this coming since last summer for a lot of reasons.

1) Wade was reluctant to re-sign with the Heat in 2015...Ultimately, he settled for a one-year deal worth $20 million with the team late in free agency, as Miami had hope to pursue Kevin Durant in 2016.

2) Wade wanted more long-term security, something he wasn't going to get in Miami, who was looking to use their resources on younger options, including Durant.

3) After they didn't land Durant, what the hell was the incentive for Wade to return to Miami? He's at the point where he can't carry a team on his back anymore, and Game 7 of the second round was as far as they were going to get with Wade steering the ship.

Wade was in fact interested in the Spurs here in 2016, but the interest was not mutual. They instead invested practically all their cash this summer to keep Ginobili - A move I personally believe they will regret as Ginobili will be lucky to average 20 minutes next season. After the Spurs decline interest, Wade's hometown Bulls happened to be the destination that made most sense.

After losing both LeBron and Wade in two of the last three off-seasons (not to mention failing to land Durant), it turns out the Miami Heat can't get their way all time after all given the most recent collective bargaining agreement. And after a clear foul on Cody Zeller on a Wade drive to the basket late in Game 5 of their first round matchup - It just so happens they can't get all the calls anymore, either.

But, they did get Dion Waiters, though.

When you can't have the best you settle for the rest.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mama

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this year it doesn't matter much, it's the Cavs' and Warriors' (and Spurs') world and we are just living in it

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this year it doesn't matter much, it's the Cavs' and Warriors' (and Spurs') world and we are just living in it

And as I said to you in your thread - They still gotta play the games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Wiggy?

Nope, that's right - I did.

Granted, I had him going to the Spurs and not the Bulls, but the fact is I saw this coming since last summer for a lot of reasons.

1) Wade was reluctant to re-sign with the Heat in 2015...Ultimately, he settled for a one-year deal worth $20 million with the team late in free agency, as Miami had hope to pursue Kevin Durant in 2016.

2) Wade wanted more long-term security, something he wasn't going to get in Miami, who was looking to use their resources on younger options, including Durant.

3) After they didn't land Durant, what the hell was the incentive for Wade to return to Miami? He's at the point where he can't carry a team on his back anymore, and Game 7 of the second round was as far as they were going to get with Wade steering the ship.

Wade was in fact interested in the Spurs here in 2016, but the interest was not mutual. They instead invested practically all their cash this summer to keep Ginobili - A move I personally believe they will regret as Ginobili will be lucky to average 20 minutes next season. After the Spurs decline interest, Wade's hometown Bulls happened to be the destination that made most sense.

After losing both LeBron and Wade in two of the last three off-seasons (not to mention failing to land Durant), it turns out the Miami Heat can't get their way all time after all given the most recent collective bargaining agreement. And after a clear foul on Cody Zeller on a Wade drive to the basket late in Game 5 of their first round matchup - It just so happens they can't get all the calls anymore, either.

But, they did get Dion Waiters, though.

When you can't have the best you settle for the rest.

Glad you admitted it was a foul. Series should have been done in 6. The Heat will be ok.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured he would have stayed in Miami, myself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept saying the Heat should get rid of him and rebuild for quite a while now- i think thats what they should have done as soon as LeBron left.

Instead their misguided attempt to compete has left them with a paucity of future draft picks, one series win, and a painful rebuild in their future.

If after LeBron left they stripped it down to the studs for assets they would be in infinitely better shape. Instead? Now there will be a long painful rebuild with very few draft assets to assist with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept saying the Heat should get rid of him and rebuild for quite a while now- i think thats what they should have done as soon as LeBron left.

Instead their misguided attempt to compete has left them with a paucity of future draft picks, one series win, and a painful rebuild in their future.

If after LeBron left they stripped it down to the studs for assets they would be in infinitely better shape. Instead? Now there will be a long painful rebuild with very few draft assets to assist with.

You think a side built for championships should start from scratch as soon as one player leaves? That's the biggest bullshit I've heard you say in a while.

So when Shaq wanted a trade from the Lakers you think they should have gotten rid of Kobe too?

As stubborn as you are, Whiteside is still one of the best centers in the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a side built for championships should start from scratch as soon as one player leaves? That's the biggest bullshit I've heard you say in a while.

So when Shaq wanted a trade from the Lakers you think they should have gotten rid of Kobe too?

As stubborn as you are, Whiteside is still one of the best centers in the league.

Good point. Yeah, Lakers were stuck in mediocrity for a couple of years. But they were able to draft Bynum and trade for Gasol. Also, they acquired Odom in the deal who was rather important for the Lakers two titles.

But yeah, going full rebuild isn't always the best solution. Had Bosh been able to stay healthy who knows what happens in the playoffs. You take your shot when you have it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, going full rebuild isn't always the best solution. Had Bosh been able to stay healthy who knows what happens in the playoffs. You take your shot when you have it.

And that's what makes Wiggy's post so stupid. No one could have predicted what was going to happen to Bosh's health. Wiggy wants to act like the Heat either should have known this was going to happen or that a healthy Bosh wouldn't make a huge difference.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that with a healthy Bosh, the Heat make at least the ECF.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what makes Wiggy's post so stupid. No one could have predicted what was going to happen to Bosh's health. Wiggy wants to act like the Heat either should have known this was going to happen or that a healthy Bosh wouldn't make a huge difference.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that with a healthy Bosh, the Heat make at least the ECF.

Let's be truthful, though - Records show they played considerably better without Bosh the second half of the season. You just don't know if the same chemistry would have been there had Bosh been healthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be truthful, though - Records show they played considerably better without Bosh the second half of the season. You just don't know if the same chemistry would have been there had Bosh been healthy.

They played as well as they did because the other players stepped up and picked up the slack. That happens with good teams. However, a team can only go so far like that. It caught up to them in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I get your point, but you don't honestly believe that having a healthy Bosh wouldn't make the Heat better?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played as well as they did because the other players stepped up and picked up the slack. That happens with good teams. However, a team can only go so far like that. It caught up to them in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I get your point, but you don't honestly believe that having a healthy Bosh wouldn't make the Heat better?

Too many "ifs" to the equation here...Because there's also the argument that they were too big with Whiteside at the 5 and Bosh at the 4...Because Spo only sparingly started those two together in the same lineup the last two years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many "ifs" to the equation here...Because there's also the argument that they were too big with Whiteside at the 5 and Bosh at the 4...Because Spo only sparingly started those two together in the same lineup the last two years.

Too many "ifs"? There's only one "if" and that's "if" Bosh was healthy. How could they be too big with Whiteside and Bosh? Bosh is very athletic, a good passer and can play on the perimeter. Additionally, Whiteside wasn't a huge part of the Heat's offense. They ran few, if any, plays for him.

I get what you're saying re: 2 guys that size in a league that seems to be getting smaller. But when a team is considered "too big" it means that you have guys who would be in each others way in the post and can't guard the perimeter. That wouldn't have been an issue with a healthy Bosh because he's been playing the perimeter since they had Lebron.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many "ifs"? There's only one "if" and that's "if" Bosh was healthy. How could they be too big with Whiteside and Bosh? Bosh is very athletic, a good passer and can play on the perimeter. Additionally, Whiteside wasn't a huge part of the Heat's offense. They ran few, if any, plays for him.

I get what you're saying re: 2 guys that size in a league that seems to be getting smaller. But when a team is considered "too big" it means that you have guys who would be in each others way in the post and can't guard the perimeter. That wouldn't have been an issue with a healthy Bosh because he's been playing the perimeter since they had Lebron.

Spin it any way you want but when you have two guys 6'11" or taller on the court at the same time it's going to slow the offense down. When Birdman was there in 2014-15 they started him frequently over Whiteside...And when Amare was there this year they frequently started him...

The bottome line is that Toronto had proven itself to be the better team all season long and deserved to win the series. Miami didn't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it any way you want but when you have two guys 6'11" or taller on the court at the same time it's going to slow the offense down. When Birdman was there in 2014-15 they started him frequently over Whiteside...And when Amare was there this year they frequently started him...

The bottome line is that Toronto had proven itself to be the better team all season long and deserved to win the series. Miami didn't.

This is false.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They played better without Bosh because Joe Johnson was a great piece that was added to the Heat when his buyout was reached with the Nets. God you're fucking dense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drinking clorox will help improve cognitive action. Please proceed and get back to us.