• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who here likes to Attend minor league baseball?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehehe. Barry Zito!

Nice.

I like the seats right behind home (who doesn't) and I can usually get them - not first row, but usually within the first 10-15. When the kids are with me, I like having the net between us and the batter because the park is small and the foul balls can come fast.

Very best part about it. Sitting down either line is suicide. Was 10 seats away from a girl at Petco one Sunday afternoon who got smacked right in the side of the head with a fuckin laser beam. Dropped like a sack of potatoes and her husband was screaming bloody murder. Was horrible. Jeff Francouer was the right-fielder and at the end of the inning he was standing at the wall asking security how she was. She left in an ambulance totally out. Heard later they had to induce a coma for a week to get her brain swelling down. Getting sauced on beer while sitting down either line is a recipe for disaster. Behind the net is the only way to go.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all the time, I live about 20 minutes from the Tigers AAA team Toledo Mudhens, cheap tickets, nice stadium, good friends and family. I have also been to every minor league stadium in the Tigers system. I love minor league ball, just wish the bigs were a little more affordable

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all the time, I live about 20 minutes from the Tigers AAA team Toledo Mudhens, cheap tickets, nice stadium, good friends and family. I have also been to every minor league stadium in the Tigers system. I love minor league ball, just wish the bigs were a little more affordable

...of Klinger fame, eh? :laugh:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have driven past Toledo's stadium, I need to get down there and see a Tides game one day. What is it, about a hour from AA?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was still in NE Ohio I went to Akron Aeros games all the time. And when I lived in Vegas I went to L.V. 51 games.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very best part about it. Sitting down either line is suicide. Was 10 seats away from a girl at Petco one Sunday afternoon who got smacked right in the side of the head with a fuckin laser beam. Dropped like a sack of potatoes and her husband was screaming bloody murder. Was horrible. Jeff Francouer was the right-fielder and at the end of the inning he was standing at the wall asking security how she was. She left in an ambulance totally out. Heard later they had to induce a coma for a week to get her brain swelling down. Getting sauced on beer while sitting down either line is a recipe for disaster. Behind the net is the only way to go.

Holy shit. That's bad. Worst I've seen is a lady, maybe 50-60 take a laser beam off her chest. Nasty thud sound. She didn't leave, but judging by the look on her face, I think she was in shock.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was still in NE Ohio I went to Akron Aeros games all the time. And when I lived in Vegas I went to L.V. 51 games.

Akron Aeros are now the Akron Rubber Ducks. They wanted to give a nod to Akron's history as the rubber city and I guess they thought the Akron Prophylactics was inappropriate.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron Aeros are now the Akron Rubber Ducks. They wanted to give a nod to Akron's history as the rubber city and I guess they thought the Akron Prophylactics was inappropriate.

Yep I knew they changed their name. Can't say I really like it. Nice to give a nod to the history of the city though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I knew they changed their name. Can't say I really like it. Nice to give a nod to the history of the city though.

I'm with you - I don't really like it either. That said, I didn't particularly care for "Aeros" either. What the fuck is an Aero?

A new guy bought the place a few years ago and last year, he took out the bleachers, put in a nice "tiki-bar" in the outfield and a bunch of nice seats along the outfield wall, kind of like the Green Monster.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you ever make it to Columbus' new park? I've heard that's really nice. Some ballpark website ranked it as the #1 new park when it opened, which was the same year new Yankee Stadium opened, which was a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you - I don't really like it either. That said, I didn't particularly care for "Aeros" either. What the fuck is an Aero?

A new guy bought the place a few years ago and last year, he took out the bleachers, put in a nice "tiki-bar" in the outfield and a bunch of nice seats along the outfield wall, kind of like the Green Monster.

Didn't realize someone else bought them. Sounds like their upgrades are nice.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever make it to Columbus' new park? I've heard that's really nice. Some ballpark website ranked it as the #1 new park when it opened, which was the same year new Yankee Stadium opened, which was a bit of a head scratcher for me.

No I never made it to the new park in Columbus. Although I have been to a few Toledo Mud Hens games back in the day.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I never made it to the new park in Columbus. Although I have been to a few Toledo Mud Hens games back in the day.

To me, "Toledo Mud Hen" just sounds like some nasty sexual maneuver that you'd read about on Urban Dictionary.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't been Akron's stadium. We keep talking about going, but it hasn't happened in 15 years. I've been by it a few times, looks nice.

The Clippers' new ballpark is nice. I went to a game in '10. The place was packed, very good crowd.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been Akron's stadium. We keep talking about going, but it hasn't happened in 15 years. I've been by it a few times, looks nice.

The Clippers' new ballpark is nice. I went to a game in '10. The place was packed, very good crowd.

"Canal Park" is what they call the park in Akron. I've been there quite a bit, but two weekends ago was the first time since their improvements. If it's not that far of a drive for you, I suggest checking it out.

I was hoping to take the kids this Friday for fireworks night, but the weather looks like it's going to be shite.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to. Its about an hour's drive.

I went to Zips game last year and we were at the one bar right next door to the ballpark. It looks really nice.

Oh, and I agree the Rubber Duck name is odd, but so was Aeros.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to go to Columbus Clippers games every summer when they were the Yankees affiliate. Minor league ball is a good time. Youre basically watching future MLBers for half the price in beer.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to. Its about an hour's drive.

I went to Zips game last year and we were at the one bar right next door to the ballpark. It looks really nice.

Oh, and I agree the Rubber Duck name is odd, but so was Aeros.

They've really done some good things with downtown. When I was little, it was just a burnt out rubber town. Practically no reason to go downtown. Then they built the park and started changing things and then UofA started expanding and further developing the area. Seems like it'd be a fairly cool place to be a student these days.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was really impressed with the Zips stadium. Too bad the team is awful.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have driven past Toledo's stadium, I need to get down there and see a Tides game one day. What is it, about a hour from AA?
Not even that prolly.

23 was all torn up down by Toledo when I drove thru there a few weeks ago.