• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who here likes to Attend minor league baseball?

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see a few Pensacola Blue Wahoos games this year and maybe a few State College Spikes games depending on when I take vacation.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually go to a few Lake County Captains games a year. Its a lot closer than going downtown for a Tribe game. Plus, if the kids can only make it to the 5th or 6th inning, its not a big deal.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to go to a few Charlotte Knights every year. But I moved to Tennessee so I'm thinking about checking out some Chattanooga Lookouts games and Tennessee Smokies. Both teams have some big time prospects that I think would be cool to see before their call up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a couple who went to the Sounds already and they loved it. Good, cheap food and beer too! Said they had 'hot chicken' and cheap tall boys. Take me there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to go to Lake Elsinore Storm games a few years back. They were always fun and very inexpensive.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have 3 Midwest League teams within a hour's drive. Lansing, West Michigan and Great Lakes(Midland), Blue Jays,(Used to be Cubs) Tigers and Dodgers affliates. All have nice parks and free parking, great way to watch some good baseball and see players on their way up.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to one. But I've always lived much closer to a MLB park than a minor league one.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to go to Lake Elsinore Storm games a few years back. They were always fun and very inexpensive.

One year we bought a pack of 50 tickets and used them all. Saw tons of big leaguers rehabbing and enjoyed every game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went last weekend and can hardly wait to go again. I caught Mississippi Braves vs Mobile in Jackson. Best fun I have had with the family in several months.

I'm fortunate that I live about 35 minutes from The Jake and 10-15 minutes from the Indians' AA affiliate in Akron. Both parks are relatively new and both have just undergone some nice renovations.

I've got a 5- and a 4-year-old and when it comes to taking the ball and chain and kids to a game, the AA Park is the way go, hands down. They cater more to families and the tickets are so forking cheap, if the kids get unruly and want to leave after a few innings, I don't really care.

I will, however, be taking the 5-year-old, Slink Jr, to The Jake for his first Indians game this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year we bought a pack of 50 tickets and used them all. Saw tons of big leaguers rehabbing and enjoyed every game.

Yeah, I've been to quite a few games over the years. Never once had a bad time. When the kids were younger, I used to take them sometimes and would buy lawn tickets. Kids loved it because there were always lots of other kids for them to play with and I loved it because there were lots of other kids for them to play with. :lol:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fortunate that I live about 35 minutes from The Jake and 10-15 minutes from the Indians' AA affiliate in Akron. Both parks are relatively new and both have just undergone some nice renovations.

I've got a 5- and a 4-year-old and when it comes to taking the ball and chain and kids to a game, the AA Park is the way go, hands down. They cater more to families and the tickets are so forking cheap, if the kids get unruly and want to leave after a few innings, I don't really care.

I will, however, be taking the 5-year-old, Slink Jr, to The Jake for his first Indians game this year.

Lake Elsinore was always winning awards. They did everything right, including Thunder, their mascot. Normally mascots are something I generally ignore but this dude was freaking HILARIOUS and won the best mascot in all of minor league baseball! Stadium was state-of-the-art, constantly had major leaguers there, great food and cheap beer, friendly people, tons of parking, close to the freeway. There was never a reason we could thing of not to go. If me and my son went alone, we could exchange our prepaid tickets for right-behind-the-plate for an extra $4 and sit with MLB scouts and the guy with the gun. One of the very biggest things I miss about being in that area!

That said, I'd like to catch some Sounds games because I don't know how much longer I'll be in Nashville. All indications are that they did everything right with this new ballpark and it'd be amazing to see Barry Zito pitch again.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If The little one is Slink JR, shouldn't he be SlinkyRedfoot2.0?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've been to quite a few games over the years. Never once had a bad time. When the kids were younger, I used to take them sometimes and would buy lawn tickets. Kids loved it because there were always lots of other kids for them to play with and I loved it because there were lots of other kids for them to play with. :lol:

My son was over there all the time. He loves baseball as much as me (now maybe more, if that's possible) and he'd watch a few innings, get bored, go roll around with the other kids, come back, watch more, etc. Last time he was over there he was a little too big probably. Get a tap on the shoulder and it's one of the security people telling me he just decked some kid twice his size for stealing a ball from a little girl. :D I did my best stern act. "Son, I'm very ashamed of you for that!" :pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great food and cheap beer, friendly people,

Yep. I haven't been in a few years, but they used to have Blind Pig Beer on tap which was brewed in Temecula and one of my favorite beers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I haven't been in a few years, but they used to have Blind Pig Beer on tap which was brewed in Temecula and one of my favorite beers.

You should go over there for a day game. Yeah, they have roving beer carts with local microbrews. Trust me, my wife drove home over damn time we went. :D Never one single time ever saw a fight in the stands, and that's with all those Dodgers fans rolling up outta East LA to come see the A-affiliate. Manny rehab'ed down there but we couldn't go to those games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go over there for a day game. Yeah, they have roving beer carts with local microbrews. Trust me, my wife drove home over damn time we went. :D Never one single time ever saw a fight in the stands, and that's with all those Dodgers fans rolling up outta East LA to come see the A-affiliate. Manny rehab'ed down there but we couldn't go to those games.

I'll probably do that. A buddy of mine who's a big baseball fan and I have been talking about trying to catch some games this year.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Only about 5 miles from me.
AA team for the Rangers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably do that. A buddy of mine who's a big baseball fan and I have been talking about trying to catch some games this year.

Keep an eye out for who's rehabbing for the Padres and Dodgers and you can go see them. Can't even begin to name all the MLB'ers I've seen over there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake Elsinore was always winning awards. They did everything right, including Thunder, their mascot. Normally mascots are something I generally ignore but this dude was freaking HILARIOUS and won the best mascot in all of minor league baseball! Stadium was state-of-the-art, constantly had major leaguers there, great food and cheap beer, friendly people, tons of parking, close to the freeway. There was never a reason we could thing of not to go. If me and my son went alone, we could exchange our prepaid tickets for right-behind-the-plate for an extra $4 and sit with MLB scouts and the guy with the gun. One of the very biggest things I miss about being in that area!

That said, I'd like to catch some Sounds games because I don't know how much longer I'll be in Nashville. All indications are that they did everything right with this new ballpark and it'd be amazing to see Barry Zito pitch again.

Hehehe. Barry Zito!

Nice.

I like the seats right behind home (who doesn't) and I can usually get them - not first row, but usually within the first 10-15. When the kids are with me, I like having the net between us and the batter because the park is small and the foul balls can come fast.