• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think is the best pro prospect in college?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also what makes russell impressive. Defenses key in on him and he still scores really efficiently and without many weapons finds a way to get 6 assists a game.

He's also not a prototypical PG he can play of the ball as well. He's the most all around polished of the 4 by far right now. Towns has the most potential. I might be able to get a couple baskets on Okafor.

Very true. Just looked up more info on Towns and changed my mind. Holy shit. I'd take him over Stanley at this point I suppose… didn't realize how good he is defensively and he can even stretch the floor a little. And again, love Russell but PG's are a dime a dozen right now and not too many teams have a real need for one. Stanimal over DR. :)

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson reminds of kidd-gilchrist

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson reminds of kidd-gilchrist
Nah man. You haven't seen him play if you think that. Not saying he is a better pro prospect than Russell (although I don't think it's a crazy argument), but he is an ALPHA and kidd-gilchrist was a guy who hustled and played good D.

Stanley johnson is a perennial All-Star at the next level, Kidd-Gilchrist will never make an all-star game

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't watch enough games to have an informed opinion, but I caught LSU against Auburn the other night and thought that Jarrell Martin was very impressive. Where does he rank among the prospects?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah man. You haven't seen him play if you think that. Not saying he is a better pro prospect than Russell (although I don't think it's a crazy argument), but he is an ALPHA and kidd-gilchrist was a guy who hustled and played good D.

Stanley johnson is a perennial All-Star at the next level, Kidd-Gilchrist will never make an all-star game

ive seen him play quite a bit. that is still my opinion. he might be more athletic but still the same type of player

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor better hope he gets the same favorable calls in the NBA that he is getting right now. Dude pushes off and throws elbows like no other.
Seriously. The fact that his defenders stay upright proves without a doubt just how much flopping there is in college basketball. Nobody goes into the defender harder than Okafor (and yet defenders fall to the ground on what seems like 50% of low-post backdowns) and a smart defense would flop every time and take their chances trying to get the call. It's not like they are going to stop Okafor once he's near the basket.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley has a very good offensive game, his 3 point shot has really improved and he can hit deep 3's. He's a scorer and rebounder first. MKG was defense, hustle and athleticism.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is definitely better than kidd Gilchrist iny opinion.

I have seen MKG play much recently but he doesn't have really any sort of shot or even offensive game does he? Johnson has shown some ability to knock down the 3 already.

I see Stanley as a worse(not an insult) version of Wiggins before I see MKG.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is definitely better than kidd Gilchrist iny opinion.

I have seen MKG play much recently but he doesn't have really any sort of shot or even offensive game does he? Johnson has shown some ability to knock down the 3 already.

I see Stanley as a worse(not an insult) version of Wiggins before I see MKG.

Yeah, MKG's shot is atrocious. Stanley's is already decent and getting better each game. Averages a three a game so he's adjusting well to the college 3 point line.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. The fact that his defenders stay upright proves without a doubt just how much flopping there is in college basketball. Nobody goes into the defender harder than Okafor (and yet defenders fall to the ground on what seems like 50% of low-post backdowns) and a smart defense would flop every time and take their chances trying to get the call. It's not like they are going to stop Okafor once he's near the basket.[/QUOTE
Also king, but I have Towns over Okafor. Okafor has better post moves. Towns is a far better defender. He has a better jumper. His hook shot cam not be blocked. I also think Okafor benefits from superior spacing and guard play. He gets a ton of easy baskets and great entry passes, that Towns can only dream about. I also think Okafor's defense is a pretty big red flag. He is already lazy on defense, imagine what a big contract will do to his motivation

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That did not come out like I expected