• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Team Will Remain Undefeated The Longest?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sure? Based on what, exactly?

A little premature don't you think?

So far Cuse has beaten the teams predicted to finish 13th and 15th. (neither are tobacco rd schools)
Pitt has beaten the teams predicted to finish 6th and 11th.

That's one win over a team predicted to finish in the top half of the conference. Syracuse struggled against Miami. You might want to wait until you get a win over a decent team in the league before you go raising any conference banners.

coach K & boeheim are longtime friends, coached in the olympics together. They have been known to trade a lot of info on each others playbooks. coach K even incorporated the zone into the playbook for the olympic team and named it after syracuse.

syracuse has been pretty decent this year and is clearly the ACC favorite so far. its a pretty big stretch to say otherwise. during the miami game we were missing our starting center and our best shooter had an off night. miami came in with a really good gameplan. For some reason boeheim didn't put roberson in and had only went 6 deep into our rotation. the odds were stacked against us in this game but we ultimately won out.

miami is terrible but they just beat UNC in Chapel Hill so obviously theres a lot of fight in that team.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach K & boeheim are longtime friends, coached in the olympics together. They have been known to trade a lot of info on each others playbooks. coach K even incorporated the zone into the playbook for the olympic team and named it after syracuse.

syracuse has been pretty decent this year and is clearly the ACC favorite so far. its a pretty big stretch to say otherwise. during the miami game we were missing our starting center and our best shooter had an off night. miami came in with a really good gameplan. For some reason boeheim didn't put roberson in and had only went 6 deep into our rotation. the odds were stacked against us in this game but we ultimately won out.

miami is terrible but they just beat UNC in Chapel Hill so obviously theres a lot of fight in that team.

Sounds reasonable.

Now that they're in the same conference, I doubt they'll be swapping notes (even if it is to get at ol'roy) but at least that story seem plausible. ;)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is going to destroy the Missouri Valley Conference.. I doubt they lose a game before 25..

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable.

Now that they're in the same conference, I doubt they'll be swapping notes (even if it is to get at ol'roy) but at least that story seem plausible. ;)

I dunno about that, coach K encouraged one of his players to transfer to Syracuse. Boeheim rarely accepts transfers and it was mostly coach K who made it happen. the guy decided to go to syracuse without even visiting the school or talking to Boeheim. That alone shows how big of a role coach K played in pushing him towards syracuse. Probably one of the oddest transfers I have ever seen. Whats crazy is that this happened after the SU/ACC announcement but before we officially joined meaning the guy wasn't subject to the added acc penalty (giving up a 2nd year of eligibility). I think they have already proven that they will continue to help each other even though they are now in the ACC.

even if they were no longer helping each other now that they are in the ACC, the damage has already been done. coach K probably knows more about the SU 2-3 zone than anyone else outside of syracuse.

thats why I think duke is our new louisville ==> that one team we just can't beat. i think we split this year, but then they kick our ass for the next couple of tries after that.

to be clear, UNC will always be dukes #1 rival. But i think duke found a new friend in the conference. these are two schools that fit each other so well culturally, have a coaching friendship, and both have the same goals. so I think its only natural that they team up and we are starting to see this lil alliance between the two play out.

duke/syracuse were the two biggest proponents of louisville joining the ACC. the louisville AD in an interview was quoted as saying the ADs of those two schools "were doing the talking for us."

all of the sudden the ACC has a do or die attitude with NYC. which two schools have the biggest NYC presence? duke/SU who play there more than anyone else in the conference.

at this point I would not be surprised one bit if coach K pulls a bobby bowden and sends a truckload of unc game tape to syracuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita state going to need a great second half

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita state going to need a great second half

They did and about to finish here in OT. Everyone in this thread would have been incorrect if this upset would've happened.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they finished it off, wow.

Lots of fts saved the day there

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1