• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Team Has The Best Chance To Go Undefeated in the 2017 Regular Season?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an EASY 9-0 schedule

vs Northwestern got them at home, Wisconsin wins
@ Nebraska Riley has yet to beat Wisconsin. Nebraska has a new offensive team and new DC
vs Purdue new head coach and still Purdue
vs Maryland in Madison, the crowd will crush the Terrapins
@ Illinois Right, that NFL coach is really, really bad. Lovie Smith
@ Indiana Another new coach and their best coach the RB coach left
@iowa good lord, did you see their QBs in the Spring Game? I bet I am better than them
vs Michigan their entire team graduated or used up their eligibility
@ Minnesota another new head coach.
Not according to former tOSU pres Gordon Gee. That, is a Murderer's Row schedule.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Purdue will run the table.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, really? That's an extremely bold statement.

Well at least on the defensive side. Offense with the QB in question is another story. Our best offense ever was when we had RW at the QB. WILSON come back

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before I clicked on the thread just read the title, I thought to myself, Wisconsin and Washington.

I don't know much about the PAC, but I know a lot about the B1G.

Almost every B1G team on Wisconsin's schedule is under going turmoil, except Northwestern.

This is an EASY 9-0 schedule

vs Northwestern got them at home, Wisconsin wins-Northwestern always gives us fits and this is their best team in a while
@ Nebraska Riley has yet to beat Wisconsin. Nebraska has a new offensive team and new DC-They will still be a good team and have great potential in the future
vs Purdue new head coach and still Purdue-Agreed
vs Maryland in Madison, the crowd will crush the Terrapins-They have a ton of talent with a great recruiting class
@ Illinois Right, that NFL coach is really, really bad. Lovie Smith_He'll be coaching pe wee football next season.
@ Indiana Another new coach and their best coach the RB coach left
@iowa good lord, did you see their QBs in the Spring Game? I bet I am better than them-Yes their QB's are normally bad but this was even worse than normal
vs Michigan their entire team graduated or used up their eligibility-Their last two recruiting classes were top ten to replace the talent
@ Minnesota another new head coach.But he can row the boat and is considered one of the best young coaches in the game

OOC

Florida Atlantic give them 30 points and they still lose

That leaves the two Mormon schools.

BYU beat teams without a pulse in 2016, and lost to teams that knew how to play. Wisconsin wins by 10+@ BYU is tough no matter what especially at home. They were 9-4 last year and the most they lost by was 3 points in regulation. They could've easily been undefeated last season. They lost by 1 pt in to #14 Boisie St and @ Utah by 1 pt as well. If the Badgers win this game on the road by 10+ then that means they're elite IMO. I think this is our toughest game out of conference and potentially second toughest game of the season.

The Utah team is the toughest game. Luckily, it is week one.-Utah was 3-6 last season and really has only 3 decent recruits that P5 conferences would even consider over their last couple seasons

A new OC at Utah with a new O line, not going to be pretty. Defense is pretty porous once you get past the D line. Take Wisconsin in the win. 14+

I think Washington's PAC 12 schedule is much much harder than Wisconsin's B1G schedule. Washington can rest the first stringers during their OOC games though. What a crappy three games that is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now but your hidden passion for the Dawgs is showing.....:whistle:

You take that back or I'll start calling you an Oregon Ducks fan! Quack quack.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all this Whisky talk is for their fans not to freak to much when they are in the middle of the Big10 this year....
But they are tops in their division.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least on the defensive side. Offense with the QB in question is another story. Our best offense ever was when we had RW at the QB. WILSON come back
Even that. You guys have lost some serious talent on that side of the ball. I didn't realize you were reloading that way.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that. You guys have lost some serious talent on that side of the ball. I didn't realize you were reloading that way.

Yes our defense is nasty despite losing a few NFL caliber players. At ILB we have 4 guys that can be starters and 2 will be high draft picks. At OLB we lost Watt and Vince. However we have 2 4 star transfers that are 21 years old and look to be good replacements but they might not even win the job over other guys who can play as well. At D-line we kept the entire line. At CB we lost Shelton who was our best player but we have a Transfer CB coming in that was a conference player of the year (out of Hawaii). We did lose Musso at Safety but we have a 4 star redshirt sophomore that will replace him. The D should be the best all around defense in the country depending on how good the new D coordinator is in his first year ever but the talent is there for sure.

Unfortunately the only thing on offense we can consistently recruit at a high level is O-line, TE, FB and occasionally a RB but not as much as we should. Not sure why we can't get 4-5 star RB's every year when we almost always have one of the biggest and best O-line's in the country with a run first pro offense. Our QB recruiting has drastically improved with the talent from the last two seasons and next season but they're all young and inexperienced.

Overall I would say our defense is a 9.5 since the D-coordinator is unknown and 2 guys are new to the secondary but talented. Our offense is a 7 with a great O-line, TE, running game, talented fast backfield but only one proven speedy receiver and a question mark at QB not due to lack of talent but lack of experience. SPT's I would give a 8.5 with our kicker returning, great coverage team and Jazz Peavy out running everyone on returns. Total score is around an 8.2. In comparison Clemson of last season would be like an 8.5. We're not far off but we have some coaches and players that must prove themselves this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our defense is nasty despite losing a few NFL caliber players. At ILB we have 4 guys that can be starters and 2 will be high draft picks. At OLB we lost Watt and Vince. However we have 2 4 star transfers that are 21 years old and look to be good replacements but they might not even win the job over other guys who can play as well. At D-line we kept the entire line. At CB we lost Shelton who was our best player but we have a Transfer CB coming in that was a conference player of the year (out of Hawaii). We did lose Musso at Safety but we have a 4 star redshirt sophomore that will replace him. The D should be the best all around defense in the country depending on how good the new D coordinator is in his first year ever but the talent is there for sure.

Unfortunately the only thing on offense we can consistently recruit at a high level is O-line, TE, FB and occasionally a RB but not as much as we should. Not sure why we can't get 4-5 star RB's every year when we almost always have one of the biggest and best O-line's in the country with a run first pro offense. Our QB recruiting has drastically improved with the talent from the last two seasons and next season but they're all young and inexperienced.

Overall I would say our defense is a 9.5 since the D-coordinator is unknown and 2 guys are new to the secondary but talented. Our offense is a 7 with a great O-line, TE, running game, talented fast backfield but only one proven speedy receiver and a question mark at QB not due to lack of talent but lack of experience. SPT's I would give a 8.5 with our kicker returning, great coverage team and Jazz Peavy out running everyone on returns. Total score is around an 8.2. In comparison Clemson of last season would be like an 8.5. We're not far off but we have some coaches and players that must prove themselves this season.
That's a lot of assumptions to make based on just transfers and 4* guys, especially with a new DC. Plus, if you don't have a good QB in place, that's gonna put even more pressure on the defense. Is Shaw the real deal at RB?

Thankfully that schedule is forgiving. Should be a top 10 team for sure. I want another 2014 matchup badly.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of assumptions to make based on just transfers and 4* guys, especially with a new DC. Plus, if you don't have a good QB in place, that's gonna put even more pressure on the defense. Is Shaw the real deal at RB?

Thankfully that schedule is forgiving. Should be a top 10 team for sure. I want another 2014 matchup badly.

Shaw looked better than both Clement and Ogun last season but didn't receive the playing time. I think both James and Taylor will be even better than Shaw.

Yes, if Hornibrook does become the starter I fear the worse for this team. I do not trust him one bit. I pray the Freshman beats him out. It will be interesting to see how the new DC handles things but last year they improved despite having another new DC so who knows.

We should go 12-0 but I have a feeling if Hornibrook is the starter he'll F it up just like he did last season and Joel Stave did a couple years ago when we should've beaten Northwestern and Iowa to go undefeated.

As for the tranfers we normally get good quality transfers and the guys we're getting are 4 star high schoolers with 2 years of experience already. Also, We have younger backups that will compete with them as well just in case they don't turn out well. Braun filled in for Biegel when he was injured very well and we again have 4 ILB's that can start and if nobody does well enough at OLB then we can try shifting one of them over to OLB but that's last case scenario. Our defense looked insane in the spring game so I have no worries with them. I just worry about the QB situation. Noodle arm just can't be our starter. He might compete with the Michigan QB for worst starting BIG QB along with the Iowa QB.

Last edited:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all this Whisky talk is for their fans not to freak to much when they are in the middle of the Big10 this year....

Their entire starting defense would have to be knocked out for the season for that to even be possible. It feels like we're always in the BIG championship game.