• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which QB would you rather have for the next 2-3 years?

Choose Two!

• Joe Flacco

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • Sam Bradford

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Johnny Manziel

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean unless you have rodgers, cam, ben, brady, brees, luck perhaps 1 more, i think you would be open to a trade

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acutally most would agree

You can't be serious....A 1 playoff win in 11 yrs against a consistent winner and SB MVP ???
You do know that the NFL is about winners not hype don't you ??
You need to take your meds Steel, you're talking nuts today !!!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cue the name calling that will ensue from OldSchool. That seems to be his go to move anymore.

I thought you was gonna block me, you sure can't banter with me !!
Looks like I hurt those little sensitive feeling of yours last time I punked you on here...:tsk:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious....A 1 playoff win in 11 yrs against a consistent winner and SB MVP ???
You do know that the NFL is about winners not hype don't you ??
You need to take your meds Steel, you're talking nuts today !!!
you do know where flaccos stats put him aside from those 4 games right?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many Lombardi's does Tony OhNo have ??? ....And Jerry thinks he's elite !!!! 1 playoff win in 11 yrs .....Sometimes, silence is golden man !!

You're naive if you think a QB wins a SB by himself.

Trent Dilfer won a ring and nobody in their right mind ever thought he was an elite QB.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Marino never won a ring and very few would disagree he was an elite QB.

Just 2 examples to dispute this "football fan."

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do know where flaccos stats put him aside from those 4 games right?

I haven't checked them because the only ones that interest me are the W's and L's....
6 of 8 in the playoffs with wins in all 6, 3 AFCCG's, 1 SB MVP.....
Now what do you have for Tony OhNo ????

upload_2016-5-15_14-9-28.png

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're naive if you think a QB wins a SB by himself.

Trent Dilfer won a ring and nobody in their right mind ever thought he was an elite QB.

You're naïve if you think any player wins a SB by themselves, how old are you dude, you have to be all of 10 to know that.....But you have to be pretty bad to be known for the one player that causes a good team to continue losing in big games when they can get there...Ala Tony OhNo...:tsk:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're naïve if you think any player wins a SB by themselves, how old are you dude, you have to be all of 10 to know that.....But you have to be pretty bad to be known for the one player that causes a good team to continue losing in big games when they can get there...Ala Tony OhNo...:tsk:

If Romo had played his entire career with the Ravens......he'd have 3-4 rings.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS is clueless in just how bad the teams Jerry has assembled were. He'd get his media magnet player and call it a good off season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS is clueless in just how bad the teams Jerry has assembled were. He'd get his media magnet player and call it a good off season.

Romo has never had a defense like Dilfer did when he won a ring. The Ravens had a dominant defense and that would have helped Romo immensely. Romo would be in orgasmic bliss if he ever played on those teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you wouldn't, he could lose as well as Alex fold'em up Smith does every yr....:tsk:
Hmmm, strange argument from a guy named oldschool given Alex Smith has been one of the winningest QB's in the NFL since the beginning of 2011 when he turned his career around.

2011: 13-3 (1-1)
2012: 6-2-1 (team made playoffs)
2013: 11-4 (0-1)
2014: 8-7
2015: 11-5 (1-1)

49-20-1

Good for a winning percentage of around 70. 1 NFCCG, 1 AFC WC, and 1 AFCD, and one year that is incomplete due to the whole Kaep situation, which probably makes the playoffs with Alex that year barring a disaster.

So let's see here, what could it be you actually dislike about Alex Smith?

But let's go into the stats for giggles.

Alex can't throw the ball more than 5 yards!

Regardless of what you believe, his 2015 YPA is 7.4, 14th among qualified passers. If one used ANY/A which accounts, crudely, for sacks, iNT's, and TD's, Alex is 12th. Either or, he's not unable to move the ball, exactly.

Alex has an interception percentage of 1.5, only Rodgers and Brady had better marks in 2015 among qualified passers.

So, he's not bad at throwing the ball, and he doesn't turn it over- so where does he rank in terms of big plays. Do the Chiefs clearly suffer from an offense that isn't explosive? Detractors point towards Alex's near league low in air yards per attempt, but there's more to being a QB than how far you throw it.

Chiefs were top 5 overall in big play percentage.

If you break it into just passing (which I have yet to calculate myself) there were 32 big plays, tied with the Bills and Seahawks for 12th. The Chiefs were 29th in passing attempts, the Seahawks 28th, and the Bills 31st. So, that's pretty decent solid given the low number of attempts.

The only QB's to have more rushing yards than Smith were... Newton, Taylor, and Wilson.

While Smith was the 6th most sacked QB in the league, he was also hit the 9th fewest amount of times

(paradoxical but statistically true)

So, how is Smith a fold'em up QB?

His 100 Passer rating in the playoffs if prorated would be 4th all time behind only Bart Starr, Kurt Warner, and Drew Brees. So, he's not out of his element in the playoffs either; if anything he takes it up a notch...

Nope, not seeing where you're coming from. Obviously Smith isn't elite, but comparing him to Manziel is pretty rich.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know... That team a couple years ago was very strong. Tops in the league in forcing turnovers and a pretty solid D... But that amazing line, Demarco tearing it up, Dez and Witten... 7 points by the offense in the last 2 and a half quarters I don't think is enough against a team like GB in the playoffs. That roster was REALLY talented.. and 0 rings.

The other years, those games against Sea, NY, and Minny, he would have needed that 2000 Ravens D to come out of those games with wins with how he played. Cowboys averaged 13.5 offensive points per game in their playoff losses with Romo...

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Joe played behind that Oline, he'd have 8 SB MVP's....You are obviously an exaggerating teenager, so I'll mark this up as nonsense !!! :rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you was gonna block me, you sure can't banter with me !!
Looks like I hurt those little sensitive feeling of yours last time I punked you on here...:tsk:
And on cue here is Os. No feelings hurt here. Just know any time somebody says anything negative about your boy Flacco you come running to call everybody every name of the book and point to his Super Bowl ring to prove how great a QB he is

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has never had a defense like Dilfer did when he won a ring. The Ravens had a dominant defense and that would have helped Romo immensely. Romo would be in orgasmic bliss if he ever played on those teams.

Neither has Joe, Brady, Rodgers, Montana etc....You would be enlightened to know that Joe won SB 47 with the 17th ranked D in the league that was so bad, it almost gave a big 3rd qtr lead away in that one...
And Joe was MVP for a good reason....
Son, you obviously don't know what you're talking about...Read up a little and come back when you have something besides an emotional opinion...:doh:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on cue here is Os. No feelings hurt here. Just know any time somebody says anything negative about your boy Flacco you come running to call everybody every name of the book and point to his Super Bowl ring to prove how great a QB he is

Well if that's the medicine you want to use for the whipping I gave you earlier, have at it...
But you do realize that everyone can see that you came in here talking about me first, so who is on cue ??
I see you still haven't blocked me, you must like getting manhandled huh ?....:nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's the medicine you want to use for the whipping I gave you earlier, have at it...
But you do realize that everyone can see that you came in here talking about me first, so who is on cue ??
I see you still haven't blocked me, you must like getting manhandled huh ?....:nod:
So name calling is winning an argument these days...hmm now the 10 year olds I work with that might be true but adult men I thought we were above that.