• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these stats justify an MVP QB

Which QB deserves the MVP nod?

• A

• B

• C

• D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people could take their personal feelings and biases out of the decision making process and simply judge this season on the performance and the results of that performance...Cam is the clearcut MVP this season.

Another fraudulent way to declare a player great is to denigrate the players around him. Cam performed. Cam moved the football, scored it, and didn't give it away too much. We can see this in the results.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
To all who claim that because Cam does not have the passing yards of many other QBs this year, please keep in mind that the Panthers were the highest scoring team in the league with 500 points and they gave up 308. Therefore they did not play from behind much and consequently need to run the ball more and pass the ball less to keep the clock moving. When they did need to pass, as in the game at Seattle where Cam orchestrated to 80 fourth quarter drives for TDs, they did just fine.
I say again - Wins are the most important Stat and Points are pretty important too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all who claim that because Cam does not have the passing yards of many other QBs this year, please keep in mind that the Panthers were the highest scoring team in the league with 500 points and they gave up 308. Therefore they did not play from behind much and consequently need to run the ball more and pass the ball less to keep the clock moving. When they did need to pass, as in the game at Seattle where Cam orchestrated to 80 fourth quarter drives for TDs, they did just fine.
I say again - Wins are the most important Stat and Points are pretty important too.

I think Cam should be MVP but I hardly think the Seahawks game is a good example of why. He was poor for most of that game and if the Seahawks offense did anything, the game would have been over.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam should be MVP but I hardly think the Seahawks game is a good example of why. He was poor for most of that game and if the Seahawks offense did anything, the game would have been over.
I won't argue with you there as that last play to Olsen was a gift. My point was when we had to throw we could but for much of the time in most games we did not have to throw and therefore the yards are not that high. An exception was the Atlanta game when we had the ball with time to score but did not get it done.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with you there as that last play to Olsen was a gift. My point was when we had to throw we could but for much of the time in most games we did not have to throw and therefore the yards are not that high. An exception was the Atlanta game when we had the ball with time to score but did not get it done.

Sure. But teams that rely on late game heroics usually regress to the mean and start losing those games over time.

BTW, I just looked at the Panthers schedule. It is a who's who of bad defenses. The only good defenses they played were the Seahawks and Packers.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But teams that rely on late game heroics usually regress to the mean and start losing those games over time.

BTW, I just looked at the Panthers schedule. It is a who's who of bad defenses. The only good defenses they played were the Seahawks and Packers.
Add Tampa - Played them twice and they finished 10th in total Defense. Atlanta twice and they finished 16th. Houston was 3rd andTennessee was 12th in total Defense. 8 of our games were against Defenses in the top half of the league. Granted, New Orleans, Philly, Washington and the Giants were at the bottom but overall 7 of the Defenses were terrible, 8 were in the top half of the league and Dallas finished 127th. So to say we played the who's who of bad defenses is not accurate.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
* Dallas finished 17th not 127th

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

I just checked the Seahawk's schedule. 8 of the 16 games they played were against Defenses that were ranked 17th or worse.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But enut was suggesting that Newton was somehow helping Ginn get open.

Nope. Newton contributed to Ginn's opportunities for YAC. He's an integral part of all passing plays. His actions contribute towards everything that happens on the play.

If he buys time and let's Ginn get open you all are trying to say Newton didn't do that. If Newton takes a 3 step drop and hits Cotchery in stride for a catch and 10 yards after the catch you all are saying Newton didn't do that. Completely absurd.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity I've looked up Cam's splits just to see where he sits and the numbers are interesting. Footballoutsiders DVOA metrics have listed this year's Saints defense the worst in the history of DVOA (1989+). Cam had the fortunate luck to the worst defense in the modern era twice. Naturally, he put up his best numbers against them, 66.7% completion percentage, 646 yessing yards, and 7 TDs/1 Int, for a QB rating of 121.6, well above his season averages.

Also his numbers on 3rd down are an atrocious 50.4% completion percentage.

The one split that does look impressive, however, is that when his team is trailing, his numbers go way up: 68.5% completion percentage with a 113.1 QB rating.