• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Kentucky players are gone?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Cal is leaving. They already have a For Sale sign in his yard.

Reactions: BUD

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them? The real question is: Who is going to be there coach when Calipari signs on with an NBA next season?

Reactions: BUD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them? The real question is: Who is going to be there coach when Calipari signs on with an NBA next season?

Based on his tweet it doesn't seem like it would be a good idea for all of them considering some won't be drafted until round 2

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stein, towns, booker, and lyles imo. interested to see if poytrese (no idea how to spell it) returns or not

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harrison twins are low % shooters. that costs them big in draft stock. might get some transfers

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do I think will go....WCS, KAT, Lyles, Andrew, Aaron and Booker.

Ulis, Poythress, Lee and DJohnson return, with a great recruiting class again coming in, should be a top 25 team again

Who SHOULD go based on where they will be picked and where their game is? KAT should go, he's a top 2 pick. WCS should go, lottery. Lyles is a solid 1st rounder. I think he would be top 5 in 16 if he returned, but if he is solid 1st rounder, should go. Andrew and Aaron...I'd come back. Neither is projected to be a 1st rounder, they can get there in time. I think they go though. Booker....Super talented, if I were advising him, I'd say return. An NBA player is dominant in a game like tonight's. KAT, Kaminsky and Dekker were dominant

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

They'll all be replaced by equivalent Top 10 recruits and UK will be there again next year.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

They'll all be replaced by equivalent Top 10 recruits and UK will be there again next year.

and thats the question, when do these guys get upset not having enough PT to showcase their stuff to the NBA? Bringing in a whole new class, who is annoyed with the 20 mpg philosophy and decides to take the draft risk and/or transfer?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like calipari is going to stay at Kentucky for the rest of his career, if he can continue this program that gets players ready for the NBA. Cousins, Wall, And Davis are who college players are looking at. I doubt he recruits a team as deep as this years, but he will attract the top talent year in and year out.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Dakari? He deciding between Turkey and Greece? I can see the Harrison brothers leaving. I am not sure their starting spots are locks next year. CAT and WCS should go. They are locks. Lyles should apply and skip getting an agent. Booker staying would be huge. He could be a star next year in college

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats the question, when do these guys get upset not having enough PT to showcase their stuff to the NBA? Bringing in a whole new class, who is annoyed with the 20 mpg philosophy and decides to take the draft risk and/or transfer?

That 's what I don't get. Why keep signing onto a team where you won't get any playing time? Coach Cal must either be the snake oil salesman of the century or he recruits guys w/no common sense. The three big guys(stein, towns, Lyles or Lee??) are the only possible legit NBA talent. If anyone else on that team does get a shot at trying out, they either won't make it or they won't last long.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only know who the Harrisons are because of last year and the fact they returned. Don't know any of the other guys. Probably because they are freshman and I don't bother getting to know freshman as they'll be sitting on an nba bench in a year and we will make posts about them 4 years later asking whatever happened to so and so.

Like someone stated above, these freshman will go, another group of top recruited freshman will come in, they'll go after next year, and the cycle will continue.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Nah, they may not ever have a team as loaded as the one they just had ever again. They'll still get a great class no doubt, but never as good as it was last year as a whole with their 10 deep rotation (before Poythress's injury).

Losing Towns and the Twins would make it a team filled with almost all freshman. They better hope Poythress returns.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns, WCS, Booker, Lyles & Twins are gone if I had to guess.

Poythress, Johnson, Ulis and Lee all return.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they may not ever have a team as loaded as the one they just had ever again. They'll still get a great class no doubt, but never as good as it was last year as a whole with their 10 deep rotation (before Poythress's injury).

Losing Towns and the Twins would make it a team filled with almost all freshman. They better hope Poythress returns.

What makes you so sure the twins will be gone? Even when my cavs where terrible, I still wouldn't even want them coming off the bench. I just don't see an nba future for either of them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you so sure the twins will be gone? Even when my cavs where terrible, I still wouldn't even want them coming off the bench. I just don't see an nba future for either of them.

I wouldn't want either one myself, but kids make dumb decisions all the time when it comes to leaving early. They just seem like the type to want out and take that route, I really thought they'd be gone after last season too so what do I know.

There are tons of tweets indicating that they are leaning towards leaving though.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want either one myself, but kids make dumb decisions all the time when it comes to leaving early. They just seem like the type to want out and take that route, I really thought they'd be gone after last season too so what do I know.

There are tons of tweets indicating that they are leaning towards leaving though.

Yeah, I'm sure the nba is VERY tempting, but I think coming back after last season only lowered their stock. At the end of last season, I wasn't super impressed by their play, but I more or less chalked that up to them being freshmen on a fairly loaded team. But then to come back this year and not really improve pretty much proves the point that they don't have a career in the nba. I'm sure they'll play in the europe.. or some other country, but I've seen players w/a lot more to offer than them not make it.