• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which players are you ready to give up on?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 weeks, which players have you seen enough of to give up on or are on the verge giving up on? For me that's Johan Dotson and Jereck McKinnon. My gut tells me that this week was more an outlier for McKinnon than him getting on track and that he'll end up producing more like the first 2 weeks the rest of the season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 weeks, which players have you seen enough of to give up on or are on the verge giving up on? For me that's Johan Dotson and Jereck McKinnon. My gut tells me that this week was more an outlier for McKinnon than him getting on track and that he'll end up producing more like the first 2 weeks the rest of the season.
McKinnon is/was always going to be that guy who has nice days on the bench, unless you catch lightning in a bottle and the week you need him to fill a bye week he gets one.

And TBH, he's bene fairly consistent 1 catch, 3 catches, 3 catches..only difference this week to the first two is that two of those 3 catches went for TD's. He'll most likely never have 10+ touches unless the Chiefs are trailing late and even then it'd be a stretch.

as to your question- the only one guys I'm giving up on would be those who I had high hopes for but were kind of longshots to begin with
I thought Kenny Pickett would taka a big step forward, not so much.
I thought K. Toney would be huge for the Cheifs (but hard to list him here as I gave up after week 1)

I would say Pitts..but I was never all that much into him , so there not much to give up on (although for those few faithful that remain-he's playing in the only place outside of ATL that he's ever scored a TD in this week, so go for it!)

that's about all that sticks out in my mind thus far
also underperforming but not ready to 'give up on' them-
Stevenson
Kittle
Jacobs
Eagles DST - although last night was pretty decent)
Gibbs

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t say give up. But I all the eagles receivers

Brown, smith and Goedart

Brown is now a Wr 2
Smith is a Wr 3
Goedart is a te 2

They all went one level under what i originally thought they were.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big name but Dalton Schultz is one that comes to mind and who I own in a couple leagues.

I only own Justin Fields in one league but I am picking up CJ Stroud bc I am losing faith. Denver this week....this is his final chance.

Kittle, I haven't started him once in one of my leagues. Only a 10 teamer though.

Gibbs, I don't have any stock in him.

Jacobs, I own in one league. I will continue to start him but on a short leash

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t say give up. But I all the eagles receivers

Brown, smith and Goedart

Brown is now a Wr 2
Smith is a Wr 3
Goedart is a te 2

They all went one level under what i originally thought they were.
that;s a bit harsh ain't it? D. Smith is WR#13 in 1/2 ppr, and AJ Brown showed last night why he's still a stud, he was just taken away in the first couple weeks. On a team that runs %60+, what were your expectations? 25 pts a week, consistently? One of the two of them is a stud every week, the only issue, which is the same issue that existed last year (usually), is picking which one it'll be.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that;s a bit harsh ain't it? D. Smith is WR#13 in 1/2 ppr, and AJ Brown showed last night why he's still a stud, he was just taken away in the first couple weeks. On a team that runs %60+, what were your expectations? 25 pts a week, consistently? One of the two of them is a stud every week, the only issue, which is the same issue that existed last year (usually), is picking which one it'll be.

just my expectations... they have been running the ball so much... that i just dont trust them... but thats me... they still have a pass funnell though... so even if Hurts doesnt throw the ball as much as i expected, the targets still mostly go to Brown and Smith...

But a WR2 and WR3 is still usable week to week... just expectations lowered.... the only player i would be benching is Goedart at this point....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to give up on some who are underperforming. History shows that some teams and some players are slow starters or need to work through hammy strains. (You can thank non-contact practices for that.)

That said, I would jettison all Jets and Bears players.
Any roster/depth changes won't happen until late in the season or just around the trade deadline in a month (which I think is ridiculous).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to give up on some who are underperforming. History shows that some teams and some players are slow starters or need to work through hammy strains. (You can thank non-contact practices for that.)

That said, I would jettison all Jets and Bears players.
Any roster/depth changes won't happen until late in the season or just around the trade deadline in a month (which I think is ridiculous).
Breece Hall is very frustrating

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breece Hall is very frustrating
Even if he is good, I'm guessing games are gonna dictate how much he does. So you're probably looking at roller coaster weeks of double digits points followed by many single digit weeks.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu, B. Cooks, Dak, BAL RB's, Daniel Jones - not necessarily in that order (other than the 1st one). ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu, B. Cooks, Dak, BAL RB's, Daniel Jones - not necessarily in that order (other than the 1st one). ....
I forgot one - T. Burks. .....

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore for sure, him dropping the only decent pass Fields threw all night was a bit of a final straw that his garbage time td didn’t change my mind on him. If Fields can’t produce fantasy points against this beat own down Broncos team then I guess I’m gonna have to start putting CJ Stroud in his place. I had high hopes for both but tbh I’m ready to drop Moore, Adam Thielen is available in my league and looking like a decent option right now.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sadly one more - - Drake London. He and Burks suffer from the same fate - run first mentality and no QB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see anyone mention Bateman, but boy oh boy does LJax prefer to throw to anyone else besides him. Liked him a ton coming out of college, as of today, happy I was only able to get him in one dynasty league and avoided him this yr in redraft

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of the names being mentioned....
I had given up on, like before the season started

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same..

Why won't someone trade a #1 for these dudes??
I already did. I traded one for Michael Carter. Dude will be out of the league in a couple years

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did. I traded one for Michael Carter. Dude will be out of the league in a couple years
Haha...well to be fair.. that was before the Jets drafted Hall... he was a 'somewhat' productive starter, with a semi bright future at the time of the deal.

I know I hadn't given up on him at the time, certainly didn't expect the Jets to draft on of the top backs in the class. Sucks when things like that go down

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see anyone mention Bateman, but boy oh boy does LJax prefer to throw to anyone else besides him. Liked him a ton coming out of college, as of today, happy I was only able to get him in one dynasty league and avoided him this yr in redraft
I cut him last week. I should have targeted flowers or no one.