• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Le'Veon Bell end up?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Really have no idea why they test for it tbh.

Me either.

They only possible reasons I can think of are, and I hate to put on my tinfoil hat far as the first possible reason, but

A) Big pharma has made some type of deal with one of or some of the more influential owners.
B) Some of the owners are living too much in the past on the subject.
C) The benefits of weed over opioid narcotics hasn't been adequately laid out to the owners.

Before the 2017 season I would've listed hubris as a possible reason. As I think NFL owners thought they were pretty much bulletproof. When it came to anything that would negatively impact the popularity of the game.

Hell, I think they should allow steroids that speed and assist recovery/healing process.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can point to his ypc, but you're ignoring 85 receptions as a RB (10th in the NFL overall, tops for a RB) and matched his career high with 11 TDs. That reception total isn't an outlier either, he's been in that neighborhood in his 3 "full" seasons. As far is being in a position to ask for a lot of money, he clearly is. Whether or not he has enough leverage to get it is another thing. What can the Steelers do? If they're trying to squeeze another run out of Ben, they have to at least franchise him (again).
you're right but a new OC, may use him different and those 85 catches go poof gone

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either.

They only possible reasons I can think of are, and I hate to put on my tinfoil hat far as the first possible reason, but

A) Big pharma has made some type of deal with one of or some of the more influential owners.
C) The benefits of weed over opioid narcotics hasn't been adequately laid out to the owners.

Before the 2017 season I would've listed hubris as a possible reason. As I think NFL owners thought they were pretty much bulletproof. When it came to anything that would negatively impact the popularity of the game.

Hell, I think they should allow steroids that speed and assist recovery/healing process.
Yeah, I've been prescribed The Juice a couple times. And all I do is post about sports. You'd think a group of thirty filthy rich people who invest in people, would be all for getting those people back in the game as quickly as medicine allows.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right but a new OC, may use him different and those 85 catches go poof gone

If that's the case, then that new OC needs to have his head checked. As it was, the Steelers were at the bottom of the league using play action, which is ludicrous given the talent in their backfield (bye bye OC).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either.

All of the above

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been quite the opposite. They have been saving all of their cap space, spending nothing. Filling open spots on the roster with vets they pay around the minimum.

They're going to build through the draft first, and then you'll see a few splashes.

well we've seen how they draft but perhaps this is the year they become smart

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it's worth a shot for Pitt to call Cleveland at see what else they'd have to thrown in to get the one. Bell, their first rounder this year and maybe another 2 or 3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still think it's worth a shot for Pitt to call Cleveland at see what else they'd have to thrown in to get the one. Bell, their first rounder this year and maybe another 2 or 3

You're vastly overrating Bell's trade value. He's a RB going into his 2nd contract, who's going to get a paid huge money. That's not exactly something teams give up high draft picks for.

You're not even close. The trade value chart has the 4th overall pick at 1800 points, and the Steeler's pick at 600 points. Marcus Peters was traded for something like a 4th rounder, and he still had a year left on his rookie deal. Bell is worth something like a 3rd-round pick at this point; he + a 2nd rounder would only add like 600 more points. The Steelers would have to throw in a 1st from 2019 just to move up to 4.

Jarvis Landry, another franchise player, was traded for a 4th-round pick for perspective.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're vastly overrating Bell's trade value. He's a RB going into his 2nd contract, who's going to get a paid huge money. That's not exactly something teams give up high draft picks for.

You're not even close. The trade value chart has the 4th overall pick at 1800 points, and the Steeler's pick at 600 points. Marcus Peters was traded for something like a 4th rounder, and he still had a year left on his rookie deal. Bell is worth something like a 3rd-round pick at this point; he + a 2nd rounder would only add like 600 more points. The Steelers would have to throw in a 1st from 2019 just to move up to 4.

Jarvis Landry, another franchise player, was traded for a 4th-round pick for perspective.
Maybe. Cleveland has plenty of money and Bell has cache. If you can get him , a first and a second and still get your QB at 4 it might be worth it. Personally I wouldn't do it because I think Barkley is going t o end up as a better version of Bell but there's no guarantee you get him in Clevelabd unless you pick him first which doesn't look likely. Basically you'd be giving up Fitzpatrick or Chubb to get Bell and 2 top 2 round picks . If they really value one of the QBS more than any of the other ones I would keep the 1 but imo none of them are vastly superior to any of the others

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe. Cleveland has plenty of money and Bell has cache. If you can get him , a first and a second and still get your QB at 4 it might be worth it.

It really wouldn't be, and it's not even close. Even the Browns aren't that dumb. You don't understand the nuances of NFL trades & all the factors.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really wouldn't be, and it's not even close. Even the Browns aren't that dumb. You don't understand the nuances of NFL trades & all the factors.
So let's say you are Cleveland and you can get

Allen
Chubb

Or you can get
Bell
Darnold
Josh Jackson
Extra second rounder

To me that's a pretty reasonable deal even with having to pay Bell. If I knew Barkley were going to be there at 4 I'd stay put but I just don't see it. Anyway I know you disagree but if I'm Cleveland I'd consider that deal pretty strongly as you've got a serviceable QB who's skill set perfectly meshes with a guy like Bell .

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So let's say you are Cleveland and you can get

Allen
Chubb

Or you can get
Bell
Darnold
Josh Jackson
Extra second rounder

To me that's a pretty reasonable deal even with having to pay Bell.

They can easily get Allen, Chubb AND Bell by just trading something like a 3rd-round pick (or equivalent) to the Steelers. They're not going to move a top-5 pick to get a non-QB, non-DL franchise player. Especially not a RB.

Again, you're obscenely undervaluing the top-5 picks.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can easily get Allen, Chubb AND Bell by just trading something like a 3rd-round pick (or equivalent) to the Steelers. They're not going to move a top-5 pick to get a non-QB, non-DL franchise player. Especially not a RB.

Again, you're obscenely undervaluing the top-5 picks.
Maybe. A pick is really only as valuable as the guy you end up drafting with it. I'm biased in that I don't think any of the QBS in this draft are very good so I'm looking at it through the prism of knowing they're likely go take one of them at 1 which I believe is a mistake. Also I can't see the Steelers letting Bell go for a 3 or even a 2 really, I wouldn't unless you truly think he's on his,last legs. We shall see i guess