• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Le'Veon Bell end up?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm thinking that's why Pittsburgh only offered him 3 years, they intend on running him into the ground because of his talent. And yes he runs a lot, and yes he catches a lot of passes.....But is there another team out there willing to pay him that ridiculous money and work him like they do in Pittsburgh??? And the team that can afford him, do they have outs like AB and Juju to take the pressure off him??? Or will he be the only one on the team....if so, shut him down you shut down that team and the money goes down the shitter.

That's a GREAT point. Bell is a phenomenal talent BUT he is surrounded by other phenomenal talent. Would he be as effective if he was in a situation say like Zeke where he's the main focus of the offense? I don't think so. If teams were able to key on him more so than they can now would he put up those numbers. I don't think so.

Well said

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously New England

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a GREAT point. Bell is a phenomenal talent BUT he is surrounded by other phenomenal talent. Would he be as effective if he was in a situation say like Zeke where he's the main focus of the offense? I don't think so. If teams were able to key on him more so than they can now would he put up those numbers. I don't think so.

Well said

Plain and simple if you don't pass to him enough or are able to hand off too him as much......you're just throwing away money. Who wants to pay a guy who gets 15 touches and maybe 5 catches a game 15 million dollars......

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered him 3 years at 42 million, guaranteeing 30 in the first two years and the third year had several incentive clauses. His agent said yes, and he said no. He wants 5 years 15 million each year + the incentives.

So he had his money, he just wants to be a greedy bitch. 3 years at that money with his injury record, and pot suspensions was more than fair. And beings the shelf life on a back like him isn't very long......

Really? Shit, That's more money (30 mill guaranteed for two years) than he'd make on the current franchise tag I believe. At least according to the link below. That number for OL can't be the same for OTs, OG, and Centers can it?

Explaining how the NFL franchise tag works

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple if you don't pass to him enough or are able to hand off too him as much......you're just throwing away money. Who wants to pay a guy who gets 15 touches and maybe 5 catches a game 15 million dollars......

Von Miller made 16.5 million this year for 57 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 pas def and 2 FF.

Justin Houston made 15 mill this year for 59 tackles, 9.5 sacks and 5 pas def.

In 15 games this year Bell had 321 carries for 1291 yards at 4 yards a pop and 9 rushing TDs. Along with 85 catches for 655 yards, 7.7 ypc and 2 TDs. That's 406 total touches or 27 touches per game this year.

Bell didn't make 15 or 16.5 mill in either season, but if he had. An argument could be made that he provided more bang for the buck than either Houston or Miller.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thx @Psych-Ward. I agree that's a fair deal. I hear Bell when he says he gets 400 touches a year but honestly I don't know why Tomlin does that! First, the odds of him surviving that many touches in a season and not getting injured is small. He needs to spread the ball around a little more and not set himself up to fail with one guy getting that many touches. I'm not saying 50/50 but damn... Somebody else who can play. Again, the more balanced a team is the more dangerous it is.

Honestly, this past week, with all the talk about bell I looked at the pats running back situation and asked myself would I rather have bell or Lewis, White, Burkhead, Gillislie and Bolden? Clearly Bell is far and away the better player but having that depth, help on special teams, etc... Let's just say that IMO it's not as easy as just picking Bell.
IMHO u take the best player, because he can catch and run better than all of those guys, but if he gets hurt ur screwed,same can be said for zeke and some others

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller made 16.5 million this year for 57 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 pas def and 2 FF.

In 15 games this year Bell had 321 carries for 1291 yards at 4 yards a pop and 9 rushing TDs. Along with 85 catches for 655 yards, 7.7 ypc and 2 TDs. That's 406 total touches or 27 touches per game this year.

Bell didn't make 15 or 16.5 mill in either season, but if he had. An argument could be made that he provided more bang for the buck than either Houston or Miller.
Strong no watching both of those players. Both of those players are in situations where the opposite edge rusher (Shaq Barrett is not a legit primary edge rusher and Frank Zombo obviously isn't either) and interior (No Malik Jackson, no prime Dontari Poe; though they have Wolfe and Jones respectively) is not what it once was. The problem with Bell getting 15M is there's going to be a rookie who does about 80% of what he does for peanuts in the middle rounds.

If you find Von Miller or Justin Houston in the 3rd round, there's a string attached somewhere: Houston failed a drugtest ala Randy Gregory. Edgerushers are much more scarce than RB's which if anything are plentiful.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with a tag and trade out to someone not a direct threat to the Steelers.

But he can't go for nothing. And I don't want him for what he's demanding. Best back in the league, but the contract he wants will be felt in reduction in other talent. And he misses too many games to make that, anyway.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of these guys are around 85%-86% of the snap counts so I think you're getting a lot of bang for your buck on most of these players.

Here is the thing with Bell...he only got 4 yards a pop last year and footballoutsiders had the Steelers with the 7th best run blocking oline last year. I'm sure if you take away the Chiefs game then Bell just looks like he had a down year and from what it looks like pretty much anyone can run on the Chiefs as of late. He isn't in a position to ask for a lot of money. Your average backup could've gotten 4 yards a carry behind the Steelers oline. Easily.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these guys are around 85%-86% of the snap counts so I think you're getting a lot of bang for your buck on most of these players.

Here is the thing with Bell...he only got 4 yards a pop last year and footballoutsiders had the Steelers with the 7th best run blocking oline last year. I'm sure if you take away the Chiefs game then Bell just looks like he had a down year and from what it looks like pretty much anyone can run on the Chiefs as of late. He isn't in a position to ask for a lot of money. Your average backup could've gotten 4 yards a carry behind the Steelers oline. Easily.

You can point to his ypc, but you're ignoring 85 receptions as a RB (10th in the NFL overall, tops for a RB) and matched his career high with 11 TDs. That reception total isn't an outlier either, he's been in that neighborhood in his 3 "full" seasons. As far is being in a position to ask for a lot of money, he clearly is. Whether or not he has enough leverage to get it is another thing. What can the Steelers do? If they're trying to squeeze another run out of Ben, they have to at least franchise him (again).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can point to his ypc, but you're ignoring 85 receptions as a RB (10th in the NFL overall, tops for a RB) and matched his career high with 11 TDs. That reception total isn't an outlier either, he's been in that neighborhood in his 3 "full" seasons. As far is being in a position to ask for a lot of money, he clearly is. Whether or not he has enough leverage to get it is another thing. What can the Steelers do? If they're trying to squeeze another run out of Ben, they have to at least franchise him (again).
The usage level works against Bell.

Steelers are tempting fate if they do give him money, imo. The smart move is definitely to franchise tag him again and then let him walk. There is no way Bell makes it to 30 in the NFL with the amount of usage he has had.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The usage level works against Bell.

Steelers are tempting fate if they do give him money, imo. The smart move is definitely to franchise tag him again and then let him walk. There is no way Bell makes it to 30 in the NFL with the amount of usage he has had.

All the more reason for him to push for as much as he can get, right?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough and far as that 4.0 ypc. I gotta say. I wasn't overly impressed with Bell as a runner this year. Maybe its an anomaly, but that ypc was significantly below his ypc of the last 3 years, 4.6 in 2014, 4.9 in 2015, and 4.8 in 2016. Whatever the case may be. That would be one thing that would give me pause at paying Bell 15 or even 12 million dollars per.

I was merely playing devil's advocate with my original post.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong no watching both of those players. Both of those players are in situations where the opposite edge rusher (Shaq Barrett is not a legit primary edge rusher and Frank Zombo obviously isn't either) and interior (No Malik Jackson, no prime Dontari Poe; though they have Wolfe and Jones respectively) is not what it once was. The problem with Bell getting 15M is there's going to be a rookie who does about 80% of what he does for peanuts in the middle rounds.

If you find Von Miller or Justin Houston in the 3rd round, there's a string attached somewhere: Houston failed a drugtest ala Randy Gregory. Edgerushers are much more scarce than RB's which if anything are plentiful.

Fair enough and while any stat can be inflated. I find sacks to be the most inflated of all stats. But that has more to do with the Redskins being a top 10 team in sacks the last 2 years, As even though the pass rush figured huge in locking down 2 of the Skins wins in 2016. Over these last 2 years the Redskins defense has arguably been the shittiest defense in the NFL. And aside from those two games in 16, Minny and 2nd Philly game. When a strong pass rush or sack was needed it wasn't there. In 2016 the Skins defense was the worst in the NFL at getting off the field on 3rd dn and gave up the most 1st downs of any team. In 2017 even being the 9th best defense in football at getting off the field on 3rd dn, they were 19th best in surrendering 1st downs and tied with the Giants in giving up the 5th most points of all teams.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^... Browns desperate for some sort of splash and he certainly would be it

It's been quite the opposite. They have been saving all of their cap space, spending nothing. Filling open spots on the roster with vets they pay around the minimum.

They're going to build through the draft first, and then you'll see a few splashes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed is legal in Seattle, Denver, SF, LA and Oakland.

I say he plays in Pittsburgh.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed is legal in Seattle, Denver, SF, LA and Oakland.

I say he plays in Pittsburgh.

You think the NFL will exempt players who play for those teams from any weed suspensions?