• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Le'Veon Bell end up?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are the Steelers not willing to pony up the big bucks?
Bad faith negotiating. Steelers have upped their offer a few times now and Bell keeps increasing his number. Last rumored ballpark figure the Steelers offered was north of $14m. First he said it was all about the guarantees, so the Steelers gave him that. Then he switched his position and said it was all about the per year number and wanted $17m.

The asshole just keep upping his price tag. He seems to think he holds all the cards when he doesn’t. Steelers won’t make another offer and he’ll be forced to sign the franchise tag.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad faith negotiating. Steelers have upped their offer a few times now and Bell keeps increasing his number. Last rumored ballpark figure the Steelers offered was north of $14m. First he said it was all about the guarantees, so the Steelers gave him that. Then he switched his position and said it was all about the per year number and wanted $17m.

The asshole just keep upping his price tag. He seems to think he holds all the cards when he doesn’t. Steelers won’t make another offer and he’ll be forced to sign the franchise tag.
rumos are they are close though

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause I'm right and You're wrong.

BOOM
You're "right" and I'm "wrong"...but where is he at right now? Oh, yeah...it's the Steelers. I didn't say he'd spend the rest of his career in Pittsburgh. But if all it takes to be "right" these days is to say an inaccurate statement than you're definitely "right" a lot...so congrats to that.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're "right" and I'm "wrong"...but where is he at right now? Oh, yeah...it's the Steelers. I didn't say he'd spend the rest of his career in Pittsburgh. But if all it takes to be "right" these days is to say an inaccurate statement than you're definitely "right" a lot...so congrats to that.

Derp. I'm right again.

He's not with the Steelers...he's at home. He'll be traded before he ever steps foot near the Steelers facilities.

Where is he right now? Oh yeah...not with the Steelers.

BOOM, congrats to your epic fail

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of James Conner slumping after Week 1: "Ooh, Steelers need LeVeon Bell back!"

Bullshit.

First game: Conner rushed 31 times for 135. That's 4.35 per
Next 3 games: Conner rushed 24 TOTAL times for 97 yards. That's 4.04 per.

Conner is fine. He just isn't getting touches, despite being just as productive.

Steelers' Randy Fichtner strives to get James Conner more carries

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF would be a great landing spot. Running in a Kyle Shanahan scheme. He could go for 2,000.

He was mentioned in SF and SF looked into it but I don't think he will end up in SF. I am one of the SF fans that doesn't want him. As great a talent as he is, we have to many other roster issues to deal with particularly on defense. I see Bell as more of a luxury that I would be on board with if we were actually in contention but we aren't going anywhere. I would rather commit that kind of long term cap space somewhere else.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was mentioned in SF and SF looked into it but I don't think he will end up in SF. I am one of the SF fans that doesn't want him. As great a talent as he is, we have to many other roster issues to deal with particularly on defense. I see Bell as more of a luxury that I would be on board with if we were actually in contention but we aren't going anywhere. I would rather commit that kind of long term cap space somewhere else.
Now that Jimmy is out I wouldn't make the move either.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking Jets make the move. He's the type of player to help take pressure off Darnold

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking Jets make the move. He's the type of player to help take pressure off Darnold

There's a lot of Philly talk because they have two 2nd round picks and some interest apparently. They would probably be just looking at rental because cap wise, I don't see a fit there.

I agree the Jets are one team that makes sense...they have the cap space to make him a long term deal, they need a RB and also a marquee name....Tampa is a another spot matching that criteria.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of Philly talk because they have two 2nd round picks and some interest apparently. They would probably be just looking at rental because cap wise, I don't see a fit there.

I agree the Jets are one team that makes sense...they have the cap space to make him a long term deal, they need a RB and also a marquee name....Tampa is a another spot matching that criteria.

Philly's going to have some holes to fill with cuts next off season so trading away draft capitol would be unwise for a rental. Jets yes and Tampa is interesting too, I wasn't thinking about them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's going to have some holes to fill with cuts next off season so trading away draft capitol would be unwise for a rental. Jets yes and Tampa is interesting too, I wasn't thinking about them.

With a Lombardi on the shelf now, I wouldn't risk the draft capital either, but if you want to keep pace with the Rams, he is a player that can put you over the top...maybe get you back into the NFCCG.

Aside from NYJ and TB, maybe GB...I'm seeing this pool as being no more than 3 teams deep.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a Lombardi on the shelf now, I wouldn't risk the draft capital either, but if you want to keep pace with the Rams, he is a player that can put you over the top...maybe get you back into the NFCCG.

Aside from NYJ and TB, maybe GB...I'm seeing this pool as being no more than 3 teams deep.

That is a valid point for Philly

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want to trade for him at this point? He'll be rusty for at least the first few games with whichever team he ends up with if he plays this season. And weren't there photos of him on a jet ski looking like he's been bloatmaxing since February/March? Add all that to him wanting an over the top pay day, and I just can't see how he's worth giving up anything beyond a late round pick for, if that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want to trade for him at this point? He'll be rusty for at least the first few games with whichever team he ends up with if he plays this season. And weren't there photos of him on a jet ski looking like he's been bloatmaxing since February/March? Add all that to him wanting an over the top pay day, and I just can't see how he's worth giving up anything beyond a late round pick for, if that.
Any team that trades for him, can't sign him long term anyway. And they'd need almost 8mil in cap space if it happens at the deadline.

He's pretty much worthless in a trade imo.

This thing is crazy. He's thrown away millions just to be lazy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I've stated in the Niners forum, I wouldn't want him even at a reasonable price. The talent is undeniable, but so is the 'person' and it sure seems like he's there for himself and his money...and doesn't care at all about the 'team' aspect. I'd like to see him never play again, but someone will overspend for him.