• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where to Watch Games

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a device... I will have to try and look it up... but I was going to get it. You can basically watch the local channels (ie fox cbs etc) from other parts of the country. So you could program it to the bay area locals and you would get all of the Niner games on there. But it doesn't work in all areas. Im in LA and it wouldn't work for me. I will have to see if I saved the email. A dude from the cable company is the one who told me about it.

I MUST KNOW IF THIS IS LEGIT!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a stream that works for NFL Network. Not sure if they are still doing the Thursday night games every now and then.
**sorry, but we can't get caught with this link up** -Ghost

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer a couple of the questions: the quality of the stream as mem pointed out is hit or miss. But, when you're like me, with cable tv (hence no way to get Ticket) I have to resort to online feeds. Besides, I hook up my laptop to my tv so as long as the stream is decent, I can watch on the big screen :) You do sometimes have to switch feeds multiple times during the game which can get frustrating at times, but then again, you're saving the $$ you would pay for the Ticket so it's a compromise. I use the same sites for most of the NBA games as well.

Stinky - yes a lot of the p2p links sometimes direct you to the Justin feeds which are rarely solid. As far as software goes, there is typically at least one link that plays direct (either in the browser or through media player). However, I still do have TVU and Sopcast which are the most common programs used.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - does anyone know if the our preseason games are going to be aired on NFL Network? Last year they had all the games, if not live, at least taped delays. I haven't looked into the programming for this year yet.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - does anyone know if the our preseason games are going to be aired on NFL Network? Last year they had all the games, if not live, at least taped delays. I haven't looked into the programming for this year yet.

I don't know the specifics, but I heard an AD that said they would have all the preseason ones again.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank for all the options guys.. Hopefully this doesnt get deleted and I can come back to it and try.. Atdhe has been the best in the past that I remember. usually have 2 or 3 different links to choose from
Which ones do you think is the BEST??

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crikey! All of the good posters from espn boards without the trolls!? Awesome! Never posted there much due to the cazic (and associated d-bags) phenomena. Been lurking here for a few days and am liking what I am seeing.

Someone wanna sticky this thread perhaps?

BTW anyone notice anything different about the regional coverage for preseason this year? I'm just moved back to Nv and am used to getting all the 9er pre-season games on local stations. This year is different however as I will be getting Bucs/KC, which is the same broadcast as the local fox station in SF. Which is strange because the feed is coming through Reno and they are listed as a different non-niner game (don't recall what one off top of my head). Did they change something with away games recently? I have been in Texas the last couple of years and recently moved back so I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not. I seem to remember both home and road games being broadcast 'locally' whether they were playing on the road or not when I was living in Nv before. Anyone have any idea how the preseason regional action is covered these days?

NFL Replay is nice I guess, but I can't hold out for 25.5 hours to watch the replay without checking the boards!!

Anyway, while in Texas I got my preseason fix via Justintv (which was actually pretty shoddy and undependable last year) and veetle.com while I was living in the land of the enemy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Pale. Thread Stuck.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you know someone who lives in the Bay Area, you can get slingbox and hook it up to their TV. That's what my buddy and I did last year, and it worked pretty well. Of course, the slingbox started acting up by the end of the season and they want us to pay just to get help over the phone, which is incredibly irritating. Barring that, it worked well, though.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank for all the options guys.. Hopefully this doesnt get deleted and I can come back to it and try.. Atdhe has been the best in the past that I remember. usually have 2 or 3 different links to choose from
Which ones do you think is the BEST??

Unfortunately Time Warner still hasn't worked out their disagreement with NFL Network so that isn't an option for me so I've had to try out multiple online sites during the 4 years I've lived here in San Diego. My best luck has been with the Veetle feeds.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Crimson,
That is an excellent idea, my brother still lives in the bay so I can get him to do it. does the home TV and the sling box have to be watching the same channel?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl redzone for fantasy football players - cuts to any game with scoring chances. They used to have it free, might be $5/month as part of the NFL package.

just exacerbates my ADD, though. Highlight overload.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks Crimson,
That is an excellent idea, my brother still lives in the bay so I can get him to do it. does the home TV and the sling box have to be watching the same channel?

There are two models. The less expensive one works that way. The more expensive one has a tuner that you can control from your computer, and he can still watch what he wants.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl redzone for fantasy football players - cuts to any game with scoring chances. They used to have it free, might be $5/month as part of the NFL package.

just exacerbates my ADD, though. Highlight overload.

Not sure what put a bigger smile on my face...your comment or your avatar. :wink:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atdhe has been my most trusted site to rely upon for watching Niners game. I am from CT, so you could imagine.

If one desires top quality viewing, Veetle is the top choice.

SacTown9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Veetle works well, there is always a few streaming 9ers games. Slipstreamtv.com does all kinds of sports, but they may be charging soon, or maybe not...

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Websites like atdhe aren't too hard to find via google. I have quite a few bookmarked(planning on finding more) and plan on filtering through each site during the preseason to find my go to sites.

I'll post em here...