• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do you rank them?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly yes . I've never thought much of Bennett
I am not a big Bennett guy either and he's actually going to be pretty important for GB. If he goes down GB doesn't have a chess piece they can move around that can force a defenses hand. "Move" TE's can be damn important if your GB.

Then again, that's driven by my pessimistic outlook of the Packers WR's.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to these lists unless someone brings them up. That being said, Ryan is nowhere near as good as the other two...BUT...for 2017 he was the best player in the game and deserves to be #1. Then Brady #2. Rodgers should be down closer to wherever Prescott and some other guys were since it's only a 2017 ranking. If you want to say who is best player in the game then for me it's Rodgers and it's by a lot, but not last year. He was great of course, but the other two were just a lot better IMO

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big Bennett guy either and he's actually going to be pretty important for GB. If he goes down GB doesn't have a chess piece they can move around that can force a defenses hand. "Move" TE's can be damn important if your GB.

Then again, that's driven by my pessimistic outlook of the Packers WR's.
Not high on the Packers WRs? I know Nelson is getting old, but so far still seems to have it and you had to love the way Adams played last year and Cobb seems decent for a WR3.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not high on the Packers WRs? I know Nelson is getting old, but so far still seems to have it and you had to love the way Adams played last year and Cobb seems decent for a WR3.
I don't view Nelson so much as a game changer anymore, and Cobb increasingly looks kind of JAGish to me. Adams I have little to no positive acclaim to give. Maybe that's me trying too hard to explain how the Packer offense can look so constipated at times, but that is what it looks like to me. As Cook became more of a factor, the offense looked a lot better, imo. It's probably why Oakland picked Cook up as a value chess piece.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers

I'm not putting the other two in my top ten.

o_92BgAAQBAJ

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay classy, pud lapper :thumb:
For some reason Dirt blames Ryan for Atlanta losing and Brady getting another title . Of the 53 man roster and entire coaching staff there are probably 30 guys more to blame than Ryan and most of the rest of the guys didn't play lol.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason Dirt blames Ryan for Atlanta losing and Brady getting another title . Of the 53 man roster and entire coaching staff there are probably 30 guys more to blame than Ryan and most of the rest of the guys didn't play lol.

Dirt boy went all in on his Patriots/Brady hate last January and ended up looking like a fool when Brady scorched the Falcons D for 31 unanswered points in the SB. He should head on over to the soccer threads where no one is ever embarrassed :rolleyes2:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt boy went all in on his Patriots/Brady hate last January and ended up looking like a fool when Brady scorched the Falcons D for 31 unanswered points in the SB. He should head on over to the soccer threads where no one is ever embarrassed :rolleyes2:
Yeah I was pretty caredul to state how great I thought Brady was even before the game lol. Just makes no sense to blame Ryan for the loss. Shanahan? Quinn? The D? Sure. Hell even the OL for blowing assignments late or Freeman for whiffing on a block that led to the Falcons turnover . The last 2 are stretches but Ryan played great so I'm not sure why you'd blame him

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the best QB in football...and has been for a long time. Brady is next. Ryan is a very distant third, given last year was the only high level football he's ever really played.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bennett will be a litmus quiz for Rogers ...

The Pat's won the SB without the best TE in the game and had to rely on Bennett ... we'll see what Rogers does with him ...

maybe McCarthy will write hail-Mary's into the playbook ...

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another thing ...

what makes the "best player" argument so much fun is the "money man" component ... when you REALLY need the play made ...

in the past it was thought Unitas was the greatest at who you want when the team needed it most ... then Montana ... and now Brady ... easily

to prove it now, look at Ryan's last pass attempt in the series just before NE tied the game ... how much of a surprise would that had been if it were Brady missing that?

and sorry, hail Mary's are just prayers answered ...

unless it's Doug Flutie ... then ... well ...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week, the NFL Network is to announce the top 10 players of 2017. Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers will be in that group.

Not asking what position they end up with in the top 10 but rather in what order should they rank? My guess, Ryan, Brady then Rodgers.

For 2017

Brady
Ryan
Rodgers