• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do you rank them?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week, the NFL Network is to announce the top 10 players of 2017. Matt Ryan, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers will be in that group.

Not asking what position they end up with in the top 10 but rather in what order should they rank? My guess, Ryan, Brady then Rodgers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady/Rodgers are probably tied. Rodgers has better physical tools but I think sometimes he forces some things and let's those physical tools get in the way. But whatever, they always put their teams in position to win, and IMO McCarthy's system is a little out-dated. Rodgers and his team also ALWAYS seem to struggle with injuries and while the Pats get them too, they never get like CATASTROPHIC injuries (outside of Brady that one year).

Then there's Matt Ryan. He plays in a complete pleb division and with Thomas out was free to torch Seattle who is on paper the best defense they went up against in the playoffs (prob. not with injuries but with healthy players it would've been). He's got the best WR in the game who was healthy all year and a ridiculous RB duo... and just can't find a way to win. His clutch plays always come from some last minute fluky sideline catch and some crazy route that bails his team out. He gets out to a big lead in a lot of his losses but then can't keep it sustained. If my team gets up by 17-21 points, I'm kind of like, "Meh" with Matt Ryan. I'm biting the SHIT out of my nails with Brady/Rodgers.

IMO if we're talking all players, I'd have just Brady/Rodgers. I think Ryan is like top 15. And not going to do that stupid, "List the other 8." I just don't consider him top 10. I think top 10 has room for 2 QBs. There's like 11-12 other positions out there. Let them have some, jeez. Or just say, "Top 10 players, QBs get a 50% bonus because they are a QB."

Edit* And Matt Ryan has like ONE elite year. Calm the F down... let's see another one first. Last year it was probably Cam Newton on the list lol.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
In that order

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for 2017??

Brady
Ryan
Rodgers

Brady and Ryan are close but gotta go Brady based on Pats winning SB. Rodgers had a remarkable end of the year but very pedestrian first half and tough to put him ahead of Ryan who played great all year especially when Rodgers lost twice to Ryan

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for 2017??

Brady
Ryan
Rodgers

Brady and Ryan are close but gotta go Brady based on Pats winning SB. Rodgers had a remarkable end of the year but very pedestrian first half and tough to put him ahead of Ryan who played great all year especially when Rodgers lost twice to Ryan

This ^^^^^^^^^^

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I think they will do this next year this is how I would rank them...

Rodgers--If the team is healthy at the WR position plus the addition of Bennett he has a nice set of weapons and just pure talent alone he is the best QB in the NFL.

Brady--Maybe his best set of weapons since the 2007 season which should scare the NFL.

Ryan--I just worry the loss of Shanahan will do more damage than people think. I think there will be an adjustment period for all involved and it just won't click for say the first half of the season like they saw last year.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for 2017??

Brady
Ryan
Rodgers

do you think having the Packers lose twice to the Falcons has any bearing on how the players voted?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think having the Packers lose twice to the Falcons has any bearing on how the players voted?
Sure and it should especially with how significantly Rodgers got out played in the playoff game . That said he'd be third no matter what for me simply because his year was not consistent . If you're solely talking 2017 I think you can make a case for Brady or Ryan as number 1 but I don't really see an argument for Rodgers ahead of either even though he had a very good year

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Matt Ryan gets his lung punctured in Week One

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon last yr.:

Brady
Ryan
Rodgers

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers struggled a bit early on but a lot of that is the team around him.
Ryan has been an average QB for most of his career with 2 great seasons so Im not sure which guy Im getting
Brady's arm will likely start falling off at some point in time soon but maybe not next year

Rodgers
Brady
Ryan

Would be my order but its really close

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be the best at your position overall and still not have the best year. This thread is specifically talking 2017. Brady has to be number 1 based off of last year and the weapons he gets back and that NE added, Atlanta probably has the best set of skill players of the 3 teams so it's tough to think Ryan will fall off much from his MVP year , GB really added nothing imo but Rodgers is outstanding and if he plays an entire year like he did second half of last year then he will be at the front . It's just going to be tougher for him because the talent around him is not up to par with NE or Atlanta . Doesn't mean you wouldn't take Rodgers as your team's QB ahead of the others but that's not the question

Last edited:

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be the best at your position overall and still not have the best year. This thread is specifically talking 2017. Brady has to be number 1 based off of last year and the weapons he gets back and that NE added, Atlanta probably has the best set of skill players of the 3 teams so it's tough to think Ryan will fall off much from his MVP year , GB really added nothing imo but Rodgers is outstanding and if he plays an entire year like he did second half of last year then he will be at the front . It's just going to be tougher for him because the talent around him is not up to par with NE or Atlanta . Doesn't mean you wouldn't take Rodgers as your team's QB ahead of the others but that's not the question

interesting

do you really put Martellus Bennett into the category of "nothing"?