• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Celtics go from here?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Sixers????????????????

It's possible but I don't think that Smart fits their priorities. They are looking to bring in a big time difference maker ala LBJ or PG. If that doesn't happen then I would expect them to bring in a big and shooter or 2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Smart.

The Celtics are at the cap already. By allowing Smart to walk, they aren't replacing him with a better player. They are replacing him with MLE players.

Besides, Smart brings a rather unique skill set. He will not get as many minutes nor close as many games with Hayward and Kyrie playing, but he is still highly valuable to the Celtics.

Well, we're just gonna disagree, but a MLE guy could still give you what Smart does. Same with a vet on a cheap deal looking for a ring which Boston will be able to attract now. I haven't looked at the full list of who is available guard and wing wise, but if I could get a guy like Ariza or Mbah A Moute for 7 mil a year or cheaper over Smart for 14, I'm letting Smart go

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the fascinating issue for us to ponder with Danny. He will have four first round picks next year. From a roster construction standpoint it is unwise to draft 4 first rounders in same year. So I can see them packaging one of those picks or even two if they can be in the top 4.

Don’t forget that smart is a rfa so he could be in the roster another year.

And he and morris are both FAs after next year.

They could easily draft a stash or move up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally trade kyrie in a deal for a guy like kawhi.

Otherwise a trade up for Bamba with Orlando (with rozier) or Dallas (rumor is brown and 27 is what boston has offered so far) is nice. I’m obsessed wih bamba.

To me it’s also time to start turning some of that quantity like Dancing beAr, ojeleye and Nader into a rotation piece.

If they do move rozier in a Bamba deal, adding Shabazz Napier on the mle is a move to consider.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget that smart is a rfa so he could be in the roster another year.

And he and morris are both FAs after next year.

They could easily draft a stash or move up.

you have a point, by the end of next season there may be enough space to add these picks, or like you say draft and stash

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a point, by the end of next season there may be enough space to add these picks, or like you say draft and stash

Guys like Nader will have to prove their worth on the roster too. But I agree 4 rookies isn’t ideal either way. Just that they could take them all if they wanted to.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Nader will have to prove their worth on the roster too. But I agree 4 rookies isn’t ideal either way. Just that they could take them all if they wanted to.

Semi is a keeper, Jabari Bird is intriguing, Nadar and Yabusule are gonners

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still hoping this rumor for Celticxs trading up for Bamba is true. Everyone is gonna freak out but the rumor was Brown and 1st for Bamba. But throwing in a Bear isn't gonna kill me either.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I called semi on draft day and i was happy Boston landed him.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping this rumor for Celticxs trading up for Bamba is true. Everyone is gonna freak out but the rumor was Brown and 1st for Bamba. But throwing in a Bear isn't gonna kill me either.

I cant see them trading Jaylen for a draft pick, and if they were, it would be Jaylen for Bamba and a future first rounder. Jaylen is showing himself, Bamba is an unknown

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see them trading Jaylen for a draft pick, and if they were, it would be Jaylen for Bamba and a future first rounder. Jaylen is showing himself, Bamba is an unknown

Brown was worth 1 vorp this year. He’s replaceable.

And it’s easier to find a Brown than a Bamba. Especially since it’s unlikely they’ll be able to afford Horford when his contract is up.