• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Celtics go from here?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I did mean 4 times 14 or 56M. Thats what I think they will set as ceiling.

Who do you all think would make a run at Marcus?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you all think would make a run at Marcus?

It's always hard to know what teams are looking for what. But looking at the available cap space of the teams I could see making a run for him are

Phoenix - The Suns are going to try to turn the corner next year. No. 1 overall pick this year. Devin Booker entering his prime. Having a gritty defensive minded player to help build a backbone to the team would definitely be something they could use.

Brooklyn Nets - They could go tankapalooza but I'm not sure they can afford to given their history over the past 5 years. They aren't going to get tier 1 FAs to come to Barclays but a guy like Smart makes sense.

Sac Kings - Depends a lot on who they draft but another young team that could use some backbone.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are going UP! They have it all: great tradition, coaching, talent and fan base.

I think there is room for both Rozier and Irving to co-exist. If CP3 and Harden can co-exist at PG, it can work for anyone. I don't think you need to make any moves. Maybe offer Warriors Tatum and Rozier for Durant?

They won’t need to co-exist if Kyrie rides the pine bc of injuries. They should trade him while his value is high. They could get more than the Cavs got for him and they can add high value draft picks too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what they should do.

I still believe they have a ton of good players and no great ones. Maybe Tatum gets there.

Kyrie is developing quite an injury history. He is absolutely essential for this team to have a legit shot against the Warriors or other future super teams. They are defintely the second or third best team in the league right now with everybody healthy. The question is whether they will ever have enough to be #1.

It is highly possible Ainge stands pat, but if sees an opportunity to move Kyrie and Brown for a true franchise superstar (like Leonard if healthy), I think he does it. Don't be shocked to see the Celtics make a big, bold move.

I am coming around to the idea of Tatum being untouchable though. Because he is really good and I don't think the Celtics can deal for a player on a maxish deal without moving Kyrie, Hayward or Horford.

Lastly, they need to keep Smart.

Berkeley_Blues2.0

A-Political X-GOP X-Dem
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won’t need to co-exist if Kyrie rides the pine bc of injuries. They should trade him while his value is high. They could get more than the Cavs got for him and they can add high value draft picks too.

That's an interesting point. I love Irving but he won't be quite the same if he loses even 1/2 a step. Rozier with Smart are very adequate with two young star forwards plus Hayward plus 3 good bigs. I'd bet Boston will be listening to offers for Kyrie maybe shopping him. Salary cap / contract stuff factors in also.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting point. I love Irving but he won't be quite the same if he loses even 1/2 a step. Rozier with Smart are very adequate with two young star forwards plus Hayward plus 3 good bigs. I'd bet Boston will be listening to offers for Kyrie maybe shopping him. Salary cap / contract stuff factors in also.

I mean look at this roster WITHOUT Kyrie.

Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Smart (if they sign him)
Hayward
Horford
Baynes (if they sign him)
Morris
Theis

2018 1st - 27th
Clippers 2019 1st
Memphis 2019 1st
Philly/Sac 2019 1st

Not sure what they could trade Kyrie for but I guarantee teams would be desperate to take a risk on Kyrie and give up some big assets, maybe even a star.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the team intake.. Don't let Rozier go until the ink dries on Kyrie's extension. But they really don't need to do anything.. They came within one game of the Finals with the team they had.. So one would think bringing back Irving and Hayward would be a huge upgrade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the team intake.. Don't let Rozier go until the ink dries on Kyrie's extension. But they really don't need to do anything.. They came within one game of the Finals with the team they had.. So one would think bringing back Irving and Hayward would be a huge upgrade.

Ohh definitely keep it intact for one year but Kyrie is injured again you gotta get rid of him. IF you have a deal in place to get a star now for Kyrie you pull the trigger. You can’t on his health at this point imo

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh definitely keep it intact for one year but Kyrie is injured again you gotta get rid of him. IF you have a deal in place to get a star now for Kyrie you pull the trigger. You can’t on his health at this point imo

perhaps but realistically an injured Kyrie brings the Celtics what right now in a trade? Nothing better than what he can bring when he is healthy.... Let him heal up and play and then see what they can get for him... Though I'd prefer they hold onto him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps but realistically an injured Kyrie brings the Celtics what right now in a trade? Nothing better than what he can bring when he is healthy.... Let him heal up and play and then see what they can get for him... Though I'd prefer they hold onto him

You can deal him midseason. You have to keep your options open. Jmo but I feel like this could be the beginning of the end for Kyrie. His knees are fucked

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can deal him midseason. You have to keep your options open. Jmo but I feel like this could be the beginning of the end for Kyrie. His knees are fucked

yeah never said completely close the door on a possible trade but right now he wouldn't bring anything, probably even mid season next year either

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still believe they have a ton of good players and no great ones. Maybe Tatum gets there.

Kyrie is developing quite an injury history. He is absolutely essential for this team to have a legit shot against the Warriors or other future super teams. They are defintely the second or third best team in the league right now with everybody healthy. The question is whether they will ever have enough to be #1.

It is highly possible Ainge stands pat, but if sees an opportunity to move Kyrie and Brown for a true franchise superstar (like Leonard if healthy), I think he does it. Don't be shocked to see the Celtics make a big, bold move.

I am coming around to the idea of Tatum being untouchable though. Because he is really good and I don't think the Celtics can deal for a player on a maxish deal without moving Kyrie, Hayward or Horford.

As is often the case, I agree.

Tatum is essentially untradeable. He has a real chance to be an elite player.

If the Celtics are going to be bold they need to be willing to trade all of their draft assets plus anyone not named Tatum and maybe Brown to get that star.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make minor tweaks. Nothing more unless they find themselves in some crazy deal where they hoodwink a team for like Kawhi or some shit. With Irving and Hayward back, they're immediately title contenders. Hell, if Irving was healthy this year, they would be in the Finals right now. Tatum is the motherfucking truth. Brown is a great young stud. Horford is still a very productive player. That's your core. I work the margins, try to get a little more front court help (I'd like another center besides Baynes or at least some one that can play center in smaller line ups).

I'd also let Marcus Smart walk or at the very least, sign and trade if I can get some good pieces back. He's a good defender, but not a great one, and I think his impact is a little overvalued by some people. He does make some good hustle plays but they are often times negated by some really boneheaded shot selections and passes on offense. If I didn't already have Irving and Hayward, I'd keep him, but since they are coming back, I have no need for him. I can replace his skills elsewhere (plus I believe Stevens' system is a big factor in building up Smart anyway). Rozier is very capable back up guard and with Irving, Hayward, Brown, and Tatum, there just isn't any room left for Marcus Smart getting minutes in my rotation, especially not at the price he wants (12 to 15 mil). Let him walk, sign some vet on the cheap to replace him

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make minor tweaks. Nothing more unless they find themselves in some crazy deal where they hoodwink a team for like Kawhi or some shit. With Irving and Hayward back, they're immediately title contenders. Hell, if Irving was healthy this year, they would be in the Finals right now. Tatum is the motherfucking truth. Brown is a great young stud. Horford is still a very productive player. That's your core. I work the margins, try to get a little more front court help (I'd like another center besides Baynes or at least some one that can play center in smaller line ups).

I'd also let Marcus Smart walk or at the very least, sign and trade if I can get some good pieces back. He's a good defender, but not a great one, and I think his impact is a little overvalued by some people. He does make some good hustle plays but they are often times negated by some really boneheaded shot selections and passes on offense. If I didn't already have Irving and Hayward, I'd keep him, but since they are coming back, I have no need for him. I can replace his skills elsewhere (plus I believe Stevens' system is a big factor in building up Smart anyway). Rozier is very capable back up guard and with Irving, Hayward, Brown, and Tatum, there just isn't any room left for Marcus Smart getting minutes in my rotation, especially not at the price he wants (12 to 15 mil). Let him walk, sign some vet on the cheap to replace him

I disagree on Smart.

The Celtics are at the cap already. By allowing Smart to walk, they aren't replacing him with a better player. They are replacing him with MLE players.

Besides, Smart brings a rather unique skill set. He will not get as many minutes nor close as many games with Hayward and Kyrie playing, but he is still highly valuable to the Celtics.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its pretty much impossible to carry 4 max players in todays NBA.

I doubt we see a Celtics trade...they have a 2-3 year window before guys like Brown and Tatum being RFA's and they have to make very very hard choices.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty much impossible to carry 4 max players in todays NBA.

I doubt we see a Celtics trade...they have a 2-3 year window before guys like Brown and Tatum being RFA's and they have to make very very hard choices.

Problem is, they are unlikely to surpass GS in the next 2 years. Maybe 3 if they lose enough pieces.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always hard to know what teams are looking for what. But looking at the available cap space of the teams I could see making a run for him are

Phoenix - The Suns are going to try to turn the corner next year. No. 1 overall pick this year. Devin Booker entering his prime. Having a gritty defensive minded player to help build a backbone to the team would definitely be something they could use.

Brooklyn Nets - They could go tankapalooza but I'm not sure they can afford to given their history over the past 5 years. They aren't going to get tier 1 FAs to come to Barclays but a guy like Smart makes sense.

Sac Kings - Depends a lot on who they draft but another young team that could use some backbone.

What about the Sixers????????????????

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No cap room after LBJ signs.... :D

Sign and trade?

How about Kyrie, Brown and Smart? Throw in a draft pick too lol

Or they could just go the easy route and trade Hayward and probably Morris to add Lebron lol