• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. Where do we go from here......................

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances we take Brock bowers if he falls to us in round 1? If we lose our top two TEs we may be in the market for one and a blue chip prospect that falls that far might be seen as a good value pick.

I wouldn't want to spend a 1 on a TE but I could see them doing it if he falls.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances we take Brock bowers if he falls to us in round 1? If we lose our top two TEs we may be in the market for one and a blue chip prospect that falls that far might be seen as a good value pick.

Guess you never know but seems unlikely. I won't recommend it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bowers falls to us in the mid-20s, we take him without taking a moment's pause.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bowers falls to us in the mid-20s, we take him without taking a moment's pause.
IDK about that, doesn't seem like a pick that would help the improve the roster IMO. Does he improve the OL with his blocking or is he more of a receiver? No second round pick looms when you try to fill holes in the lineup. Need better interior OL, need a middle LB who can cover receivers, will likely need safeties, need a upgrade at QB. Picking as TE seems like a luxury the Seahawks can't afford if they want to fill holes in the lineup..

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree @HaroldSeattle . Difficult to pass on Bowers, being an obvious blue chip but bigger needs likely than TE. But again. all guesswork this early. A million variables between now and draft day.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that, doesn't seem like a pick that would help the improve the roster IMO. Does he improve the OL with his blocking or is he more of a receiver? No second round pick looms when you try to fill holes in the lineup. Need better interior OL, need a middle LB who can cover receivers, will likely need safeties, need a upgrade at QB. Picking as TE seems like a luxury the Seahawks can't afford if they want to fill holes in the lineup..

We have 2 3rd round picks.

You win this league by having the most talent. If a consensus top 10 pick falls to you, you take it.

IMO, TE is certainly not a luxury for us. Fant will be a FA. Dissly will almost certainly be cut.

To be clear, there is almost no chance that he falls to us unless his injuries are more serious than thought.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You win this league by having the most talent. If a consensus top 10 pick falls to you, you take it.

IMO, TE is certainly not a luxury for us. Fant will be a FA. Dissly will almost certainly be cut.

To be clear, there is almost no chance that he falls to us unless his injuries are more serious than thought.
Easy enough to resign Parkinson for cheap and/or rework Dissly contract. Offensive guards, maybe center, a pass covering middle LB and safeties will be a long enough wish list, doubt the draft will even fill those needs adequately. Oh yeah and a QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy enough to resign Parkinson for cheap and/or rework Dissly contract. Offensive guards, maybe center, a pass covering middle LB and safeties will be a long enough wish list, doubt the draft will even fill those needs adequately.

I would be pretty annoyed if we draft an interior OL in the first round. That would mean we are giving up on one of Bradford or Lewis or Olu. And to use our 1st to replace one of them would be frustrating. They would need to a truly transcendent talent to make that worthwhile.

I'm all for getting a high quality LB or Safety in the 1st round.

Elite TEs are game changers. Kittle and Kelce define their offenses.

As I said, almost no chance he falls to us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pretty annoyed if we draft an interior OL in the first round. That would mean we are giving up on one of Bradford or Lewis or Olu. And to use our 1st to replace one of them would be frustrating. They would need to a truly transcendent talent to make that worthwhile.

I'm all for getting a high quality LB or Safety in the 1st round.

Elite TEs are game changers. Kittle and Kelce define their offenses.

As I said, almost no chance he falls to us.
Not sure drafting a interior OL means they are giving up on those players you mention, more like pushing them to improve or become depth. You don't feel the interior of the OL is soft? Also Lewis will be a FA and also Evan Brown who presently starts at center. Not to mention depth like Jason Peters who is 41 I think, will need to be replaced,
I feel the OL has had a down year and in part contributed to the offensive woes.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure drafting a interior OL means they are giving up on those players you mention, more like pushing them to improve or become depth. You don't feel the interior of the OL is soft? Also Lewis will be a FA and also Evan Brown who presently starts at center. Not to mention depth like Jason Peters who is 41 I think, will need to be replaced,

You want us to draft someone in the 1st round to provide competition for a starter? I'm assuming Olu will be replacing Brown at Center.

I most certainly do NOT want us drafting a tackle in the 1st round so I'm not sure why Peters is relevant.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be fine taking a G in round 1 to fill in on the right side. Our OL has been fine in pass blocking but its been pretty bad all around in run blocking

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want us to draft someone in the 1st round to provide competition for a starter? I'm assuming Olu will be replacing Brown at Center.

I most certainly do NOT want us drafting a tackle in the 1st round so I'm not sure why Peters is relevant.
OL needs to improve over this season IMO, two of the starters are FA's but you don't feel the Seahawks have a need there?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be fine taking a G in round 1 to fill in on the right side. Our OL has been fine in pass blocking but its been pretty bad all around in run blocking

So bench Bradford and start a new rookie? I guess. Doesn't seem like the best strategy to me. I would much rather take a guard in the 4th or 5th round if we are looking to increase competition.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL needs to improve over this season IMO, two of the starters are FA's but you don't feel the Seahawks have a need there?

My assumption is that we will resign Lewis. I think that Olu will replace Brown next season as the starter.

I do think that we need to improve our depth at OL. I don't think you use a 1st round pick to add depth though. You use 1st round draft picks to get top end talent.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bench Bradford and start a new rookie? I guess. Doesn't seem like the best strategy to me. I would much rather take a guard in the 4th or 5th round if we are looking to increase competition.
Bradford is our worst OL. If you can upgrade significantly, i think we should do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he likely isn't dropping as far down as the Seahawks pick. You can count on at least 3 QBs going ahead of the Seahawks and it could be more, 3 OT like Alt, Latham and Fashanu, several DL will go ahead of the Seahawks pick, I could see at least 2 WRs and Bowers going ahead of the Seahawks pick. If the Seahawks go interior OL they could take the very best and not some left over at the premium positions.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham barton would be the G to take, has played G, C and LT but likely will play inside due to not having NFL OT arm length. He fits what they like in OL

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is our worst OL. If you can upgrade significantly, i think we should do it.

Bradford is a rookie. He started well but he clearly needs to develop. Getting rid of rookies and replacing them with new rookies is a pretty bad strategy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he likely isn't dropping as far down as the Seahawks pick. You can count on at least 3 QBs going ahead of the Seahawks and it could be more, 3 OT like Alt, Latham and Fashanu, several DL will go ahead of the Seahawks pick, I could see at least 2 WRs and Bowers going ahead of the Seahawks pick. If the Seahawks go interior OL they could take the very best and not some left over at the premium positions.

Sure. If there is a great value at the interior then I would be ok with taking one. If there was some versatile interior lineman out there that could play all 3 inside positions, that would be great. But only if the player is a true top flight option.

For me, there is no one position that I desperately want us to get.

If McCarthy has a great playoff and declares and they decide to go for him, then I'm fine with that. Same for Penix and his playoff game. OTOH, if we choose not to grab either one of them, that's ok with me as well.

IMO, the biggest thing we need is to have more difference makers on the field. IMO, Witherspoon and JSN have shown themselves to be difference makers already. Now if we can find one of them on the DL, even better! But that will be hard to do in the mid-20s. Which is why I think safety might be a good option for us.

Truth be told, the only position I would be truly unhappy with is corner. But I would be shocked if we took a corner in the first 3 rounds next year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. If there is a great value at the interior then I would be ok with taking one. If there was some versatile interior lineman out there that could play all 3 inside positions, that would be great. But only if the player is a true top flight option.

Thats barton, plus he has played LT so he could potentially fill in if he had to at either T spot.