• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. Where do we go from here......................

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season and Run from last year is done. We are looking at top 5-top 10 pick.

Where do we fix? What do we fix? How do we fix?

Outside opinions like Jordan and UK are welcome.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see carroll retire and an entirely new coaching staff come in and revamp the roster. Cut bait with the old and overpaid, get younger and faster on defense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded our number 2 if I remember correctly, kinda irks me if that’s the case… but hopefully we don’t win another game, I’d be totally fine with that for another top pick…

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see carroll retire and an entirely new coaching staff come in and revamp the roster. Cut bait with the old and overpaid, get younger and faster on defense.

I've been here since we traded Russ. I doubt it happens but I think it's what the team needs to do

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am on the board of getting rid of Jamal Adams salary. We have seen him make plays on the ball but for what we are paying him he has missed more games than sacks, INT and FF all combined this season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The season and Run from last year is done. We are looking at top 5-top 10 pick.

Where do we fix? What do we fix? How do we fix?

Outside opinions like Jordan and UK are welcome.

I wouldn't exactly start mock drafting for a top-10 pick yet as you still have a healthy chance of making the playoffs. Green Bay is the only team I see that has it pretty easy the rest of the season and could secure a spot but everyone else is up in the air. I don't see the Vikings hanging on and I think they'll fade, Rams have a tough schedule, and maybe the Saints climb back into things but it's more likely they win the division and knock off the Falcons from the playoffs than seeing two NFC South teams make it.

But ultimately Pete Carroll is the NFC version of Mike Tomlin and he'll tease you enough to think you're almost there but you'll just always fall just short. I mean the team has been spinning it's wheels since the last Super Bowl run so after almost 10 years there really isn't anything to suggest things will change under his watch.

The other thing you need to thing is a true franchise QB. Geno has played beyond what people expected to him and he's capable of having game where he looks great but has he shown the ability to put it together consistently? Can you envision Geno winning 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs to win a SB? Probably not and if you can't envision that you need to keep looking until you get the guy that can do it.

Your ideal offseason is to wipe the coaching staff and get a completely fresh staff and embrace more of a rebuild by getting rid of guys that are not in the future of the team. Now because you kinda did a half-hearted rebuild the last couple seasons you don't need a complete teardown like my 9ers did in 17 when Shanahan came to town and nearly burned the roster to cinders.

Of course as a 9ers fan I hope you keep Carroll forever but I'm giving you my take as arm chair Seahawks owner.

I think the reality is Pete is there unless new ownership takes over or he just decides to retire.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Carroll. His defense is a has been system... Seattle has one of the highest payrolls in the league on defense and we can't do a fuckin' thing with it.

Carroll is the best coach we've ever had, but it time. Let's start over. Go get Harbaugh or something.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Carroll. His defense is a has been system... Seattle has one of the highest payrolls in the league on defense and we can't do a fuckin' thing with it.

Carroll is the best coach we've ever had, but it time. Let's start over.
Yeah, like they say... "All good things must come to an end..."

I don't necessarily believe the game has past him by (maybe so to some extent) but I believe we need a new, fresh vision/voice moving forward with a new coaching staff... Carroll has been amazing and i don't want to take him for granted but us as fans invest in this team financially, emotionally and physically... With that said, I personally would like to see some drastic changes... 2nd in the NFL in investment on the defense and we're terrible... The Browns are 1st in investment to their defense and they're pretty darn good... That's coaching/scheme imo...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like they say... "All good things must come to an end..."

I don't necessarily believe the game has past him by (maybe so to some extent) but I believe we need a new, fresh vision/voice moving forward with a new coaching staff... Carroll has been amazing and i don't want to take him for granted but us as fans invest in this team financially, emotionally and physically... With that said, I personally would like to see some drastic changes... 2nd in the NFL in investment on the defense and we're terrible... The Browns are 1st in investment to their defense and they're pretty darn good... That's coaching/scheme imo...

I like how you quoted my post but deleted the Harbaugh comment :pound:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you quoted my post but deleted the Harbaugh comment :pound:
I wouldn't be opposed to Harbaugh but he wouldn't be my first choice... I want a younger, innovative coach w/ fresh ideas......

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily believe the game has past him by (maybe so to some extent) but I believe we need a new, fresh vision/voice moving forward with a new coaching staff...
When you have the same staff for almost 15 years and they never let the team go into a deep rebuild, you get stuck in mediocrity. they leveraged the future over and over and over and it did not pan out one single time.

we are seeing this in NE right now, they had several years of mediocrity post brady but instead of leveraging the future and trying to make another run with a sub par QB they are letting it collapse and will likely have one of the top QBs in the next draft.
I wouldn't be opposed to Harbaugh but he wouldn't be my first choice... I want a younger, innovative coach w/ fresh ideas......
harbaugh is 59, thats young enough and he is the only coach candidate that is a proven winner.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have the same staff for almost 15 years and they never let the team go into a deep rebuild, you get stuck in mediocrity. they leveraged the future over and over and over and it did not pan out one single time.
The only staff member they've had in common during the 15 years is just Pete Carroll...
we are seeing this in NE right now, they had several years of mediocrity post brady but instead of leveraging the future and trying to make another run with a sub par QB they are letting it collapse and will likely have one of the top QBs in the next draft.
I don't believe NE has "let it collapse" at all post Brady... You can't tell me that BB just gave up when Brady went to TB - his legacy and job was on the line...
harbaugh is 59, thats young enough and he is the only coach candidate that is a proven winner.
If he becomes our coach, he would be 60 years old... I'd prefer someone younger...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only staff member they've had in common during the 15 years is just Pete Carroll...
Carroll and schneider, they are the ones that matter.
I don't believe NE has "let it collapse" at all post Brady... You can't tell me that BB just gave up when Brady went to TB - his legacy and job was on the line...
what i mean is, they didnt leverage the future to try and stay competitive. Their roster is trash and they are letting it play out. Something carroll and schneider refused to do.
If he becomes our coach, he would be 60 years old... I'd prefer someone younger...
I get it, but who?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking for a full rebuild, I think that window opened up 2 drafts ago when we had 2 1st round picks in 2 straight drafts. That was the time to do it. And maybe we did. Many times players don't just show up in the NFL as rookies already as good as they will ever be. In fact, that hardly ever happens. From where I sit, these last 2 drafts look pretty successful.

If you think the roster is set well enough to become a contender with the right QB, then the team either has to pay a vet free agent (or trade for one) or draft one soon. If you advocate for paying one, how do we do this and not see immediate downgrades from having to fit it all under the cap? If we cut Jamal Adams, don't re-sign Leonard Williams, let Jordyn Brooks walk, etc., what happens to the defense that has been mostly trending up the last several weeks? Does it fall off to the point where upgrading the QB just becomes a wash? If you believe the next draft is the way to find one, then even ignoring who that might be, there's a significant gamble there. But if the roster is right, it becomes less of a gamble but little control on what player you have the opportunity to bring in.

The last 5 games could go a long way to answering the question posed by the OP. 9 wins is still very much in play, and that will almost assuredly be enough for a WC in the NFC. An uptick at the end and another playoff appearance could convince people to hang around if they're contemplating something else. Or it could convince ownership to hit the pause on regime change if that's what is cooking up right now. It could also go the other way. I just don't think we can have the answer until the season is complete.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll and schneider, they are the ones that matter.
I understand your point then if that's what you were referring to...
what i mean is, they didnt leverage the future to try and stay competitive. Their roster is trash and they are letting it play out. Something carroll and schneider refused to do.
I would agree with that but hasn't that been their MO since BB has been there?
I get it, but who?
I love Ben Johnson, the OC from the Detroit Lions...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't exactly start mock drafting for a top-10 pick yet as you still have a healthy chance of making the playoffs. Green Bay is the only team I see that has it pretty easy the rest of the season and could secure a spot but everyone else is up in the air. I don't see the Vikings hanging on and I think they'll fade, Rams have a tough schedule, and maybe the Saints climb back into things but it's more likely they win the division and knock off the Falcons from the playoffs than seeing two NFC South teams make it.

But ultimately Pete Carroll is the NFC version of Mike Tomlin and he'll tease you enough to think you're almost there but you'll just always fall just short. I mean the team has been spinning it's wheels since the last Super Bowl run so after almost 10 years there really isn't anything to suggest things will change under his watch.

The other thing you need to thing is a true franchise QB. Geno has played beyond what people expected to him and he's capable of having game where he looks great but has he shown the ability to put it together consistently? Can you envision Geno winning 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs to win a SB? Probably not and if you can't envision that you need to keep looking until you get the guy that can do it.

Your ideal offseason is to wipe the coaching staff and get a completely fresh staff and embrace more of a rebuild by getting rid of guys that are not in the future of the team. Now because you kinda did a half-hearted rebuild the last couple seasons you don't need a complete teardown like my 9ers did in 17 when Shanahan came to town and nearly burned the roster to cinders.

Of course as a 9ers fan I hope you keep Carroll forever but I'm giving you my take as arm chair Seahawks owner.

I think the reality is Pete is there unless new ownership takes over or he just decides to retire.
All runs come to an end, and it’s clear the Pete Carol era is nearing it’s end… He’s a great coach overall and has done some great things in college and in the pro’s, but he’s not getting any younger… Had Paul Allen still been alive I’m pretty sure he would have been replaced by now… I don’t think Jody cares either way unfortunately… And NO doubt we need a young franchise potential QB, Geno is not that guy..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking for a full rebuild, I think that window opened up 2 drafts ago when we had 2 1st round picks in 2 straight drafts. That was the time to do it. And maybe we did. Many times players don't just show up in the NFL as rookies already as good as they will ever be. In fact, that hardly ever happens. From where I sit, these last 2 drafts look pretty successful.

If you think the roster is set well enough to become a contender with the right QB, then the team either has to pay a vet free agent (or trade for one) or draft one soon. If you advocate for paying one, how do we do this and not see immediate downgrades from having to fit it all under the cap? If we cut Jamal Adams, don't re-sign Leonard Williams, let Jordyn Brooks walk, etc., what happens to the defense that has been mostly trending up the last several weeks? Does it fall off to the point where upgrading the QB just becomes a wash? If you believe the next draft is the way to find one, then even ignoring who that might be, there's a significant gamble there. But if the roster is right, it becomes less of a gamble but little control on what player you have the opportunity to bring in.

The last 5 games could go a long way to answering the question posed by the OP. 9 wins is still very much in play, and that will almost assuredly be enough for a WC in the NFC. An uptick at the end and another playoff appearance could convince people to hang around if they're contemplating something else. Or it could convince ownership to hit the pause on regime change if that's what is cooking up right now. It could also go the other way. I just don't think we can have the answer until the season is complete.

Defense that has been mostly trending up!? Jesus Christ JMR.. we're at the threshold of hell. We have one of the worst defenses in the league (again) while paying out the ass for that performance.

Carroll needs to go. @HaroldSeattle and I (and a couple others) wanted Stroud.. we whiffed on that one big time... There is a TON of talent on this team that can easily be a playoff contender... sadly there is not really any talent at the COACHING position. Pete needs to go asap. I'm fine keeping Waldron around.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is:
  • 25th in the league in PPG
  • 25th in the league in yards per game allowed
  • 26th in penalties
  • 29th in 3rd conversion for opponents
  • 8th in sacks... Definitely skewed by the 11 sack game vs the Giants... About the only good stat we have on the defensive side of the ball
  • 21st in INT's
  • 29th in the NFL in missed tackles
I guess I'm not really seeing how we are trending up...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Paul Allen still been alive I’m pretty sure he would have been replaced by now…
I think this is a big problem, we essentially dont have an owner and pete is running the show.

Selling the team is a scary prospect in itself though, who locally could afford it and would want it? Bezos? Is that what we really want?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a big problem, we essentially dont have an owner and pete is running the show.

Selling the team is a scary prospect in itself though, who locally could afford it and would want it? Bezos? Is that what we really want?
Yeah I think we’re kinda stuck with Pete until he decides to hang um up … And I’m not crazy about the idea of Bezos owning the Seahawks either … He’d probably start making the draft picks himself …