• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When does the NFL season gets cancelled?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of players dropping out. If too many do then we could be looking at a shutdown or scab players.

There can't be scab players if there is no strike.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on early projections...

Soon. Very soon.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will cancel the season the day after the roughly $400m weekly paycheck they get from their tv deal bounces.

People talk about how they feel bad for late round draft picks and UDFA because of no preseason. Don't be.

More of those types of players will get playing time this season then ever before. COVID will run through at least one team's locker room. Won't matter. They'll still be expected to run out a team to play on most Sundays.

This disaster with the Marlins is actually a good lesson for the NFL. They need to get another week into the season. That way if covid hits a team, they have a week at the end of the season to have make up games. Playing only a single time a week is a big benefit compared to MLB and NBA. A team can get hit by the virus, get a full week to take care of the issues and isolate the sick from the healthy, and still only miss a single game. But they are going to have to do it with Street FA's who normally see the light of day most NFL seasons. We could realistically see a team playing on a Sunday with less than 25% of their normal starters.

Most years we give a coach credit for a good offensive or defensive scheme as to why they were able to turn things and get into the playoffs. This season we might be giving the training staff credit for coming up with a great COVID plan as to why the team was able to make the playoffs.

....of course all of this is predicated on the country actually staying open. If this runs through a couple of states in the fall so bad that some states shut back down (or ban travel from other states), it really could throw a wrench into the season. But if things stay more or less the same as it is today, the NFL will trudge through this for better or worse. Too much money at stake not to.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to try every single thing possible to play this whole season out. Maybe 50/50 they make it though. 3 teams in Florida is gonna be a mess. Guess we'll have to see the results of the MLB and NBA seasons to get a better idea of what is possible.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excited this year, the whole thing is going to be a political mess. I feel like if they were to shut down a year, maybe some of the players would respect the game more and not use it as a personal political platform.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do a bubble like NBA or they have no shot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do a bubble like NBA or they have no shot.

100% agree but I’m not sure it’s feasible. NFL teams are much bigger, require more staff for equipment and rehab, require bigger workout facilities, etc.

Why would anyone think that at least one team doesn’t end up like the Marlins even if they did get the season started.

Only those sports that CAN operate in a bubble-like environment even have a shot

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree but I’m not sure it’s feasible. NFL teams are much bigger, require more staff for equipment and rehab, require bigger workout facilities, etc.

Why would anyone think that at least one team doesn’t end up like the Marlins even if they did get the season started.

Only those sports that CAN operate in a bubble-like environment even have a shot
I said it before. If they wanted they could put up “bubbles” quickly. And portable housing. They have the money for it. Go to Montana or
Somewhere like that and rent a ton of land

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do it. It would be a huge imposition because there are so many more players in football, and because this is a whole season as opposed to the end like basketball, but they could do it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson alludes in his post to an offensive line camp that was attended by veterans and up and coming players from many NFL teams, by the way. He claims he was tested before and after the camp and passed both times. But coronavirus has a long incubation period. I wonder if more guys from that camp are going to fail tests. Photos showed no one wearing masks.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have pretty much cancelled it. Anything I get NFL gamewise will just be a bonus I guess.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Golf? Yes, like Golf. In before someone says Golf is only a game, not a sport.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season is cancelled, it will be like an epic void. Very weird, to be sure. Going back to normal in 2021 will be strange. Maybe even without Tom Brady, to hammer’s delight.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the NFL season gets cancelled?

When does the NFL season gets cancelled, you asked?

When Robert Kraft decides it's cancelled, that's when!

Wait, is that Misko? How did you get a video of Misko?
Well he did save football once. Why not again?