• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's really wrong

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:

Staubach and Aikman were killers. You knew if Dallas had the ball last it was trouble. While Romo is good he doesn't have "it" whatever "it" is. 12&8 had it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on a side note ... Manster can maybe verify this ( he might want to stay out of it so not gonna drag him in)

Me and my friends talk to each other like this ......... Waht you see of me on this forum ... isnt me being "tough" it's just how we talk to each other ........ roughnecks

I decided to refrain this debate because I respect you and Blazes opinions too much to get in the middle of. And yes I can attest talking like this when it come to football is nothing new to twist.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romotoownes. You need to go back and do some more homework and look at some tape of past games. Staubach, hands down is the legendary Qb of this organization. I'd be willing to bet you any amount you want, however we can't do it, but I'd bet Staubach would get way more out of this year's team than Romo. ROGER STAUBACH IS THE BEST QB TO EVER PUT ON A COWBOY UNIFORM, CASE CLOSED.
Oh, you said something about Staubach's last game. If I remember correctly, we were a little bit banged up and short some players after the 35 - 34 win vs. the foreskins the previous week for the division title. WE lost Charlie Waters for the whole year to a knee injury, Ed Jones took the year off to go boxing for the year, Thomas Henderson was out due to injury, I mean I could go on and on here. Staubach retired after 1979 season, mainly due to the many concussions he absorbed and also wanted to leave when the team was in good shape to move on from him. And they did, 3 straight NFC Championship games. White just couldn't get us over the hump. But that is still better Romo. Romo can't get beyond the first round. And you throw out numbers, I wish Staubach would have thrown 50 to 60 times a game. Can't imagine what his numbers would of been. And I also would be willing to bet that most of the Cowboy fans in here, with one game on the line, the super bowl or whatever, would take Roger over Tony any day of the week.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Staubach and Aikman were killers. You knew if Dallas had the ball last it was trouble. While Romo is good he doesn't have "it" whatever "it" is. 12&8 had it.

I love Dexter.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chime in all you want too. Does Romo get to play that excuse card because of injuries? I watched every bit of the Skins game the week before. That game wasnt the one in question. Its OK to disagree with me , I dont get all upset unless Im provoked into having to defend Romo. Lets sit back for the next 3 or 4 yrs and watch how this thing plays out. You have to remember its a different time now. When Staubach played you could have penciled the record in befor e the season-12-4, 11-5. Same with White and Same with Aikman in the early 90s. The salary cap hit and changed the landscape forever. Truth be known , if there wasnt a salary cap, Romo probably never makes a team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with 38 seconds left in the 4th qtr ...there was some "it" there on Sunday.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played his normal game. Man I would love for Romo to only have to throw it 25 times in a game. It wasnt necessarily Aikmans fault. What I meant was the first game , he was the man- he was allowed to do a lot more. The second game- I can remember a drive in which Emmitt carried it 8 straight times for a TD. Could you imagine that today ? Sure at the end of a game maybe with a 14 point lead. The third game- I hate to say but those damn Steelers whipped our ass and nothing worked offensively. Im not even sure if Emmitt had 60 yds.

That game is never in doubt without that bogus pass interference call on Irvin's TD. The Cowboys had to settle for 3 instead.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 38 seconds left in the 4th qtr ...there was some "it" there on Sunday.

Yep. As in, thanks to the D bringing "it", we had another chance to score after that dumb INT. One first down and its over. That stop and the 6 points put up by the D were huge imho. Im glad he got the chance.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aikman had one of if not the best O-line in the history of the NFL, wasn't very hard to win with that team. I really don't think Aikman could survive with the O-line Romo has year after year. I do believe Romo could have won multiple Superbowls with those 90 Cowboy teams. People are always hard on Romo, and sometimes its justified, but the never give him credit when he makes unbelievable plays that help his team win. I do believe Aikman had better leadership qualities, and that goes a long ways.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Aikman had one of if not the best O-line in the history of the NFL"

this always kills me and I'm a Staubach was the best voter. If it's not the line, it was all emmitt. So unfair to a great always prepared accurate passer and leader. The oline was dominant in it's time, no question as was Bart Starr's oline during his NFL tenure. Still a great QB/leader that remains the best comparison to Aikman for me.

" unbelievable plays that help his team win"

I can assure Aikman did as well. Lesser throws in tight spots that keep drives alive. I also can't bet the house that Romo woulda won multiple SB's with Aikman's bunch. I have more respect for the countless decisions required throughout each game on where to deliver the football.

:suds:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman had one of if not the best O-line in the history of the NFL, wasn't very hard to win with that team. I really don't think Aikman could survive with the O-line Romo has year after year. I do believe Romo could have won multiple Superbowls with those 90 Cowboy teams. People are always hard on Romo, and sometimes its justified, but the never give him credit when he makes unbelievable plays that help his team win. I do believe Aikman had better leadership qualities, and that goes a long ways.

I agree with this . I said yesterday that Romo doesnt have the leadership qualities of certain QBs. Aikman threw game ending INTs as well, just like Romo but he had already won the big prize. Truthfully, Aikman recieved very unfair criticism as well especially late in his career. There were many that wanted to see Cunningham start over him. I used to defend Aikman just as much as I do Romo on other message board forums. Its like I said its a different league now. There werent near as many injuries. The teams were not as close in talent as they are today.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Aikman had one of if not the best O-line in the history of the NFL"

this always kills me and I'm a Staubach was the best voter. If it's not the line, it was all emmitt. So unfair to a great always prepared accurate passer and leader. The oline was dominant in it's time, no question as was Bart Starr's oline during his NFL tenure. Still a great QB/leader that remains the best comparison to Aikman for me.

" unbelievable plays that help his team win"

I can assure Aikman did as well. Lesser throws in tight spots that keep drives alive. I also can't bet the house that Romo woulda won multiple SB's with Aikman's bunch. I have more respect for the countless decisions required throughout each game on where to deliver the football.

:suds:

Why would that kill you? Aikman's line was awesome, Romo has never had anything close to that line. Emmitt was another weapon Aikman had that Romo doesn't. I remember when Aikman's line started aging, and some lost to free agency, he didn't fair so well. I'm not saying Aikman wasn't great, but he did have tons of help. What made the Dallas O-line so good, is that even the backups could have started on 95% of the teams back then. The line was so good, even Jason Garrett looked like an all pro behind them. Remember the thanksgiving day game against Green bay? Garrett, starting in place of injured back-up Rodney Pete, led the Cowboys over the Green Bay Packers by completing 15 of 26 passes for 311 yards and 2 touchdowns in a second-half comeback.[4] In 2008, that game was named the fourth-best moment in the history of Texas Stadium by ESPN. As for Romo winning multiple Super bowls with the 90's teams. I guess we agree to disagree.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would that kill you? Aikman's line was awesome, Romo has never had anything close to that line. Emmitt was another weapon Aikman had that Romo doesn't. I remember when Aikman's line started aging, and some lost to free agency, he didn't fair so well. I'm not saying Aikman wasn't great, but he did have tons of help. What made the Dallas O-line so good, is that even the backups could have started on 95% of the teams back then. The line was so good, even Jason Garrett looked like an all pro behind them. Remember the thanksgiving day game against Green bay? Garrett, starting in place of injured back-up Rodney Pete, led the Cowboys over the Green Bay Packers by completing 15 of 26 passes for 311 yards and 2 touchdowns in a second-half comeback.[4] In 2008, that game was named the fourth-best moment in the history of Texas Stadium by ESPN. As for Romo winning multiple Super bowls with the 90's teams. I guess we agree to disagree.

sounds good to me

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chime in all you want too. Does Romo get to play that excuse card because of injuries? I watched every bit of the Skins game the week before. That game wasnt the one in question. Its OK to disagree with me , I dont get all upset unless Im provoked into having to defend Romo. Lets sit back for the next 3 or 4 yrs and watch how this thing plays out. You have to remember its a different time now. When Staubach played you could have penciled the record in befor e the season-12-4, 11-5. Same with White and Same with Aikman in the early 90s. The salary cap hit and changed the landscape forever. Truth be known , if there wasnt a salary cap, Romo probably never makes a team.

Staubach was the main reason why they were penciled in every year, like peyton Manning today. I've already seen Romo in the clutch the past few years, I'll stick with Staubach anytime, thanks.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your opinion my man. The reason they were penciled in was because they were the most talented team. I totally disagree with the Manning thing. Those ST Louis Cardinals were real tough werent they. Those Eagles with Jaws and Carmichael were good for about 3 yrs?? What about those Giants with Scott Brunner. ?? There is a reason Romo is the all time leader in 4rth quarter comebacks and it isnt because he is awesome. Its because Aikman and Staubach rarely had to comeback. We can go back and forth all you want too, I will not change my opinion on the matter. Its a different league now and has been for almost 20 years. You do know Aikman did play after that Steeler Superbowl right?? As far as Staubach goes, Danny White was penciled in as well for 11 to 12 wins every year..

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your opinion my man. The reason they were penciled in was because they were the most talented team. I totally disagree with the Manning thing. Those ST Louis Cardinals were real tough werent they. Those Eagles with Jaws and Carmichael were good for about 3 yrs?? What about those Giants with Scott Brunner. ?? There is a reason Romo is the all time leader in 4rth quarter comebacks and it isnt because he is awesome. Its because Aikman and Staubach rarely had to comeback. We can go back and forth all you want too, I will not change my opinion on the matter. Its a different league now and has been for almost 20 years. You do know Aikman did play after that Steeler Superbowl right?? As far as Staubach goes, Danny White was penciled in as well for 11 to 12 wins every year..

Even before the 90's Cowboys came along, we were already AMERICA'S TEAM. there IS A REASON FOR IT.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im assuming you think we earned that moniker because of Staubach or was it because Phyliss George loved her Cowboys so much.