• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What should the Brownies do about Hoyer and Manziel?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their sack totals seem to reflect that. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game, so I'm not terribly sure what happened all game. Sounded like Hoyer was harassed all game long.

Would definitely be nice to have a guy like Gordon out there to stretch the secondary out...

Pretty much the opposite of the Steeler game a week ago...They got a short field on a pick and got a FG...but generally speaking Tate and Crowell were not biting off 4 to 6 yds a pop and Hoyer was facing 3rd & 6+ a lot with pressure in his face....then they started switching it up and throwing on 1st down some and he was missing.

I think we all (DIV) know Hoyer can play, but he's not a special QB...maybe Mack being out was a factor in the game, but he struggled vs the pressure. I think once teams have enough film on Hoyer it will be tougher for him to have success. Having a game changer like Gordon will definitely help.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more worried Hoyer is starting to come back down to earth and this might be more of what you're going to see out of him going forward. The offensive line was sufficient in the second half of last week's game against PIT.

6 points is just horrendous against a team like Jacksonville no matter who on your o-line is out.

It was awful, no excuses really. From what I heard, Hoyer missed a few TD passes too. Definitely a bad game by him, but I've seen him play much better than that. I don't think hes an All-Pro QB or anything, but he can be an Alex Smith type that manages the game and is efficient...that should be all Cleveland needs if it can run like it has been most of the year.

Pretty much the opposite of the Steeler game a week ago...They got a short field on a pick and got a FG...but generally speaking Tate and Crowell were not biting off 4 to 6 yds a pop and Hoyer was facing 3rd & 6+ a lot with pressure in his face....then they started switching it up and throwing on 1st down some and he was missing.

I think we all (DIV) know Hoyer can play, but he's not a special QB...maybe Mack being out was a factor in the game, but he struggled vs the pressure. I think once teams have enough film on Hoyer it will be tougher for him to have success. Having a game changer like Gordon will definitely help.

That's what I heard. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the Steeler game either...damn the NFL and their crappy TV options. I'm willing to toss this one out as just one of those bad games that teams usually have once a year. They've looked solid in every other game this year against some pretty decent competition too. Time will tell I guess.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more worried Hoyer is starting to come back down to earth and this might be more of what you're going to see out of him going forward. The offensive line was sufficient in the second half of last week's game against PIT.

6 points is just horrendous against a team like Jacksonville no matter who on your o-line is out.

I tend to agree that once teams have enough film on Hoyer he will struggle a big more, but CLE LT to C (well Mack) could be one of the best in the game...on the other side of that...PIT is running a 3-4 without a legit NT and imo a weak LDE (Cam Thomas) and they couldn't keep the LBs clean...we have a rookie starting @ LDE who I think will be a good player (better than Thomas) but I'm afraid of Foster tonight.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chick-fil-a.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00