• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What should the Brownies do about Hoyer and Manziel?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have some really good pieces and played some good games...imo (and unfortunately) last week was the best I've seen them play in a long time...that said...the next 3 weeks will be interesting...if they are indeed for real, they should win the next 3, but I'm actually picking Jax this week. Then it gets a lot tougher...9-7 is what I'm thinking top side and the glitter will fade a bit for Hoyer.

The next 3 games will be a big indicator on the direction of their season. They should (and need to) win all 3.

Also, 9-7 would be cause for a parade through downtown Cleveland and a multi-year extension for Hoyer. Gotta remember, this is a franchise and town that is used to 3-5 wins a year. 9 Wins is a goddamned celebration.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see this playing out. Boyer continues to play decent so they start contract talks. Hoyer says I ant talkin til Manziel is walking so they trade JM to the Jets for a 3rd round pick (where he eventually gets killed by a crack whore). And the Browns hope they don't end up with a Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
*it seems as though spellcheck prefers Boyer to Hoyer

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither guy is going to put a team on his back, but if you move Hoyer now, it would be a PR disaster. Furthermore, I doubt he'd land them anything worth bragging about in return. Trading Manziel now might catch them some heat, but if they could get a team like the Raiders or the Jets to give up a 1st for him, I think it would make a lot of sense.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just tell them both to shut up and play football like they're being paid to do it. First one to piss me off gets traded to Cleveland............wait that's not gonna work.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Hoyer to a 3 year deal & keep Manziel on the bench during that time. If Hoyer regresses, you can easily make the switch. What the Browns shouldn't do, is let Hoyer walk after the season. Pay the man.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Hoyer to a 3 year deal & keep Manziel on the bench during that time. If Hoyer regresses, you can easily make the switch. What the Browns shouldn't do, is let Hoyer walk after the season. Pay the man.

This^^^^

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland doing Cleveland things today. Get smoked by Jacksonville. Haha, awesome.:L

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer not having a good day.

One of those days. Entire offense was pretty putrid. At least they've played well and got to 3-3 so far. I'd be done paying attention to them if they were 2-4 after this disaster of a game.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB has bad games now and then. Especially if they play for the Browns or the Texans.

I feel your pain, Tharvot.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer not having a good day.

He certainly looked like a career backup yesterday.

A lot of the blame has to go to his o-line but he was putrid against arguably the worst team in football.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly looked like a career backup yesterday.

A lot of the blame has to go to his o-line but he was putrid against arguably the worst team in football.

Jacksonville, though terrible, does manage to get a high number of sacks. I'm worried the loss of Alex Mack, their all pro center, is going to have a bigger impact on the O-Line than I initially thought. They couldn't run or get Hoyer any protection yesterday.

Its a very cleveland thing to do: go out and smoke a good team then fall flat on your face vs a team you should beat. Can only hope and trust that they bounce back and take care of business vs their next 2 opponents.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, though terrible, does manage to get a high number of sacks. I'm worried the loss of Alex Mack, their all pro center, is going to have a bigger impact on the O-Line than I initially thought. They couldn't run or get Hoyer any protection yesterday.

Its a very cleveland thing to do: go out and smoke a good team then fall flat on your face vs a team you should beat. Can only hope and trust that they bounce back and take care of business vs their next 2 opponents.

Having a MNF game I got to watch several game incl CLE...Jags are better than their record...especially on DEF...they did what PIT could not do vs the Browns...they shut off the cutback lanes vs the run and forced the game into Hoyer's hands (nearly 20 pass attempts at the half) and I think that is not ideal.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a MNF game I got to watch several game incl CLE...Jags are better than their record...especially on DEF...they did what PIT could not do vs the Browns...they shut off the cutback lanes vs the run and forced the game into Hoyer's hands (nearly 20 pass attempts at the half) and I think that is not ideal.

Not at all. Cleveland's offense survives on the run and their ability to mix in play action passes to keep the D honest. If Hoyer has to drop back 40x a game, its probably not going to go well for them. He is efficient in small samples, but over-exposed he is erratic.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Cleveland's offense survives on the run and their ability to mix in play action passes to keep the D honest. If Hoyer has to drop back 40x a game, its probably not going to go well for them. He is efficient in small samples, but over-exposed he is erratic.

With a WR the caliber of J. Gordon on the field..it would help, but almost any QB (even those named P. Manning, Rodgers, et al ) having to wing it 40 times is going to struggle to win....I just thought Jax DL/LB was better than the record all along.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a WR the caliber of J. Gordon on the field..it would help, but almost any QB (even those named P. Manning, Rodgers, et al ) having to wing it 40 times is going to struggle to win....I just thought Jax DL/LB was better than the record all along.

Their sack totals seem to reflect that. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game, so I'm not terribly sure what happened all game. Sounded like Hoyer was harassed all game long.

Would definitely be nice to have a guy like Gordon out there to stretch the secondary out...

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be more worried Hoyer is starting to come back down to earth and this might be more of what you're going to see out of him going forward. The offensive line was sufficient in the second half of last week's game against PIT.

6 points is just horrendous against a team like Jacksonville no matter who on your o-line is out.