• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you consider to be a blue blood program?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio state fits the criteria personally I'm not sure why people obsess the topic of blue bloods. The definition is clear and written in history,stats and traditions that are not comparable. I remember this talk from ESPN to SportsHoopla and it spanned several other forums of discussion.As well as been discussed in several other threads and scenarios throughout the years. Heres the Florida state argument from last year , Blue bloods are a piece of college football history and will remain an elite group that will never change. Its like trying to compare george bush to george washington
Is FSU a blue blood of cfb | SportsHoopla Sports Forums
Uh huh.

I was just pointing out that one of their NCs isn't "mythical" though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And opinions are like are not facts nor do they change history or definitions. When someone can find a team that fits the criteria and resumes set by the teams that earned their status of blue blood they we can talk. But its not going to be in our lifetime...........

There is no clear cut definition, and your definition isn't the end all be all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.

I was just pointing out that one of their NCs isn't "mythical" though.
I agree when someone finds a team that fits the criteria set forth by the true blue bloods. I'll entertain the topic. But I've read this thread 100 times over in various venues, And no matter how any times the topic has been beat beat to death. its always the same end result. The chances of finding another team that fits the mold set forth by the teams who have earned their titles as blue bloods. Are about as high as finding A national championship in the oregon football trophy case

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no clear cut definition, and your definition isn't the end all be all.
If thats what you want to tell yourself or believe go for it. Common sense tells us if there are teams labeled blue bloods there is an obvious definition or the term would be non existent. The term is set by the teams who earned the title. Anyone can try to spin a case but facts are facts, When you can find a team that matches up the criteria set by the blue bloods. Their history,success,stats and tradition with a name storied enough to stand out from the rest of the pack get back to me. Its been tried repeatedly with the same result its not happening,

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree when someone finds a team that fits the criteria set forth by the true blue bloods. I'll entertain the topic. But I've read this thread 100 times over in various venues, And no matter how any times the topic has been beat beat to death. its always the same end result. The chances of finding another team that fits the mold set forth by the teams who have earned their titles as blue bloods. Are about as high as finding A national championship in the oregon football trophy case
Good talk, Satan.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats what you want to tell yourself or believe go for it. Common sense tells us if there are teams labeled blue bloods there is an obvious definition or the term would be non existent. The term is set by the teams who earned the title. Anyone can try to spin a case but facts are facts, When you can find a team that matches up the criteria set by the blue bloods. Their history,success,stats and tradition with a name storied enough to stand out from the rest of the pack get back to me. Its been tried repeatedly with the same result its not happening,

Common sense tells you that terms with no clear cut definition are open to interpretation.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense tells you that terms with no clear cut definition are open to interpretation.
. No ones fitting the criteria set forthfacts only when you find one let me know until then you're stretching. opinions are moot in the end if you cant back it up you have no argument, Like i said when you find a team that fits the mold set forth...............

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NU PSU as blue blood? Sure. Throw thrm in there too. Just don't argue FSU. That's just a non-starter.

it's just a certain term with a certain definition. Doesn't mean your team won't go for eight losses this year. :exes:

rinkinzep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New Blood getting in on the Blue Blood thread. Only 5 post and had an account since 2013, damn.

Yeah, it's funny and pitiful at the same time. I read but rarely post. Lol

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's funny and pitiful at the same time. I read but rarely post. Lol
Oh jeez we got a lurker on our hands. Ha no worries just noticed thought it was odd. My post count was at like 1k before this season, gets to be addictive.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. No ones fitting the criteria set forthfacts only when you find one let me know until then you're stretching. opinions are moot in the end if you cant back it up you have no argument, Like i said when you find a team that fits the mold set forth...............

Every team on my list has a large following, a long, storied history, multiple national championships, produces NFL talent and makes a lot of money.

The fact that the term has been interpreted many different ways on this thread alone is proof that terms with no set in stone definition are open to interpretation.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team on my list has a large following, a long, storied history, multiple national championships, produces NFL talent and makes a lot of money.

The fact that the term has been interpreted many different ways on this thread alone is proof that terms with no set in stone definition are open to interpretation.
Did not read those don't look like facts that fit the resume of a blue blood............ Not responding unless i see facts and a solid case made. Until you can provide that don't waste my time thank you

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not read those don't look like facts that fit the resume of a blue blood............ Not responding unless i see facts and a solid case made. Until you can provide that don't waste my time thank you

Your definition of the term blue blood isn't a set in stone fact.

Mine isn't either.

It's open to interpretation.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your definition of the term blue blood isn't a set in stone fact.

Mine isn't either.

It's open to interpretation.
As i thought.yYu can not provide anything of content that shows sufficient evidence of any other teams being on the same level of the proven blue bloods. End/thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i thought.yYu can not provide anything of content that shows sufficient evidence of any other teams being on the same level of the proven blue bloods. End/thread

I don't need to post resumes of teams that can compare to the programs that you've deemed as the only blue bloods. I think the term goes a little bit deeper.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to post resumes of teams that can compare to the programs that you've deemed as the only blue bloods. I think the term goes a little bit deeper.
I believe i said End/thread please don't waste my time until you have facts and a legitimate argument. I will not reply until you have something of content