• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you out there.. Tell me what you think of this move Elway made??

Sorry been away for a few days. I think it is a solid move. They didn't really trade anything to get a guy that most likely is our back up week 1. He doesn't cost too much and has starter experience. I saw a stat the other day that since Mark Sanchez was born (1986) the Chiefs have won 4 playoff games. In that same time span Mark Sanchez has won 4 playoff games. So the fact that he has actually been a winning QB at different times he is at least a piece of the puzzle. Like I said though I don't view him as our starter. Good chance we still bring in either RGIII or Kaepernick plus probably draft a guy. Gives us the most options that maybe one of them works out to be at least an average QB for us which is all we need with our defense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry been away for a few days. I think it is a solid move. They didn't really trade anything to get a guy that most likely is our back up week 1. He doesn't cost too much and has starter experience. I saw a stat the other day that since Mark Sanchez was born (1986) the Chiefs have won 4 playoff games. In that same time span Mark Sanchez has won 4 playoff games. So the fact that he has actually been a winning QB at different times he is at least a piece of the puzzle. Like I said though I don't view him as our starter. Good chance we still bring in either RGIII or Kaepernick plus probably draft a guy. Gives us the most options that maybe one of them works out to be at least an average QB for us which is all we need with our defense.
Well, that's a positive way of looking at things.. I thought i read somewhere, that Elway said he will battle for the starting job.. And as for Kap, what do the Niners want?? Last i heard from Kap, is he wants to play for the Browns.. And RG3 is visiting with the Jets, so last i read..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's a positive way of looking at things.. I thought i read somewhere, that Elway said he will battle for the starting job.. And as for Kap, what do the Niners want?? Last i heard from Kap, is he wants to play for the Browns.. And RG3 is visiting with the Jets, so last i read..

Isn't every player on the roster battling for a starting job? I mean what do you expect him to say? "We brought in Sanchez to compete for a back up role." No coach or GM ever says that. I was more putting my personal thoughts on it of what I think he actually is to the Broncos.

As for what the 49ers want depends what you read. I do know the Browns have offered their 3rd round pick at this point. The 49ers seem to be seeing if the Broncos will cave and give over their 2nd round pick. Have to see who can hold out the longest and a little of what Kaepernick wants.

Yeah I read that article about him wanting to go to Cleveland but there are also reporters now saying that Kaepernick's camp said that before FA started when the Browns looked like they would still try to bring back Mack and Schwartz for the OL and Benjamin as the #1 WR. Now that all 3 of those players signed elsewhere his camp is saying that Denver is his #1 destination with the Browns 2nd. Honestly this is a weird situation. All parties have some power in the negotiations. There are still decent names on the open market so the Broncos can say "Well we are not going any higher draft pick wise because we can just go sign one of these guys." The Browns have leverage having the 2nd overall pick and can get a cheap rookie. The 49ers have leverage in they can just threaten to keep him. Kaepernick has leverage in if he doesn't want to go somewhere he can just say he refuses to change his contract. From the sound of it Kaepernick has given the Browns a higher number than the Broncos as a way of maybe deterring them from signing him.

As for RGIII who knows. Plenty of players go in for an interview but it doesn't mean they are signed. To me bringing in RGIII is more of a power move by the Jets to get Fitzpatrick to lower his asking price. He is the guy they really want.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't every player on the roster battling for a starting job? I mean what do you expect him to say? "We brought in Sanchez to compete for a back up role." No coach or GM ever says that. I was more putting my personal thoughts on it of what I think he actually is to the Broncos.

As for what the 49ers want depends what you read. I do know the Browns have offered their 3rd round pick at this point. The 49ers seem to be seeing if the Broncos will cave and give over their 2nd round pick. Have to see who can hold out the longest and a little of what Kaepernick wants.

Yeah I read that article about him wanting to go to Cleveland but there are also reporters now saying that Kaepernick's camp said that before FA started when the Browns looked like they would still try to bring back Mack and Schwartz for the OL and Benjamin as the #1 WR. Now that all 3 of those players signed elsewhere his camp is saying that Denver is his #1 destination with the Browns 2nd. Honestly this is a weird situation. All parties have some power in the negotiations. There are still decent names on the open market so the Broncos can say "Well we are not going any higher draft pick wise because we can just go sign one of these guys." The Browns have leverage having the 2nd overall pick and can get a cheap rookie. The 49ers have leverage in they can just threaten to keep him. Kaepernick has leverage in if he doesn't want to go somewhere he can just say he refuses to change his contract. From the sound of it Kaepernick has given the Browns a higher number than the Broncos as a way of maybe deterring them from signing him.

As for RGIII who knows. Plenty of players go in for an interview but it doesn't mean they are signed. To me bringing in RGIII is more of a power move by the Jets to get Fitzpatrick to lower his asking price. He is the guy they really want.
Im not knocking what Elway said, im just saying dude.. I know what it's like looking for a QB.. If you recall, i too at one point brought up Sanchez for us as well, but FlaRaider was not happy i brought him up..
And as far as Kap goes?? The last i heard was the Browns gig, but like you said, things change..
Ad yeah, RG3 has not put Pen to paper yet with the Jets..

I wonder if Elway would trade up to the Bolts spot and take either Goof or Wentz?? Word on the street is the Bolts want to trade that pick.. Hmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not knocking what Elway said, im just saying dude.. I know what it's like looking for a QB.. If you recall, i too at one point brought up Sanchez for us as well, but FlaRaider was not happy i brought him up..
And as far as Kap goes?? The last i heard was the Browns gig, but like you said, things change..

I wonder if Elway would trade up to the Bolts spot and take either Goof or Wentz?? Word on the street is the Bolts want to trade that pick.. Hmmm
LOL I meant Goff!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly doubt the Broncos would trade up that high. My guess is trading up that high from where we are would cost something like 4 1st round picks. I just can't see the Broncos being ok with giving up that much draft capital into the future on such an unproven player. Now I can see them trading up into the early 20's if say Lynch begins to fall. My guess right now is the Broncos use a high draft pick, sign RGIII (don't want to give up the draft pick to the 49ers). That would then give them 2 veterans in RGIII and Sanchez and then 2 guys with promise in a rookie and Siemian who they drafted last year and like. Let the 4 compete and see who wins

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the Broncos would trade up that high. My guess is trading up that high from where we are would cost something like 4 1st round picks. I just can't see the Broncos being ok with giving up that much draft capital into the future on such an unproven player. Now I can see them trading up into the early 20's if say Lynch begins to fall. My guess right now is the Broncos use a high draft pick, sign RGIII (don't want to give up the draft pick to the 49ers). That would then give them 2 veterans in RGIII and Sanchez and then 2 guys with promise in a rookie and Siemian who they drafted last year and like. Let the 4 compete and see who wins
4 first round picks?? Hell Nah!! I was just throwing that out there, cuz Elway likes to gamble so it seems..
The QB in this draft that i would draft in the lower round is Cardale Jones!! Great arm Talent.. I wouldn't mind if the RAIDERS took him with a lower pick, in case we lose McGloin, either by trade or to FA next year..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 first round picks?? Hell Nah!! I was just throwing that out there, cuz Elway likes to gamble so it seems..
The QB in this draft that i would draft in the lower round is Cardale Jones!! Great arm Talent.. I wouldn't mind if the RAIDERS took him with a lower pick, in case we lose McGloin, either by trade or to FA next year..

That is why I am saying they would never make the trade. Just think about it. Washington traded up from pick #6 to pick #2 and had to give up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to do it. So I don't think I am too far off suggesting that it would take 4 1st round picks if not more. It just isn't a reality that we can make that happen. Highest I can see the Broncos trying to get would be something like Pick #15 or so and that would still require they give up their 1st round pick next year. Right now my guess is Elway just sticks with where he is or maybe even trades back into the early part of round 2 and takes somebody to compete and grow in their system. I honestly think Connor Cook could easily be their guy as he is the most pro ready of anybody beyond the top-2 guys.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I am saying they would never make the trade. Just think about it. Washington traded up from pick #6 to pick #2 and had to give up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to do it. So I don't think I am too far off suggesting that it would take 4 1st round picks if not more. It just isn't a reality that we can make that happen. Highest I can see the Broncos trying to get would be something like Pick #15 or so and that would still require they give up their 1st round pick next year. Right now my guess is Elway just sticks with where he is or maybe even trades back into the early part of round 2 and takes somebody to compete and grow in their system. I honestly think Connor Cook could easily be their guy as he is the most pro ready of anybody beyond the top-2 guys.
Don't rule out Hogan either.. Pro Ready as well.. And you have the Stanford connection..
I like Cardale Jones the best of all these QBs.. He needs more work, but man if he puts it together, you have a beast on your hands!! Elite arm and size.. But he needs to be developed..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rule out Hogan either.. Pro Ready as well.. And you have the Stanford connection..
I like Cardale Jones the best of all these QBs.. He needs more work, but man if he puts it together, you have a beast on your hands!! Elite arm and size.. But he needs to be developed..

To me Hogan is at best in this league a serviceable back up. I can't see us using a mid-round pick on him unless we have a quality starter in place.

Cardale Jones is a name that is being thrown around a lot. I do like his arm but man does he have a lot to learn. I see JaMarcus Russell and Ben Roethlisberger in him. Just a matter of which are you getting. I wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting him but he is a guy that I would probably lean towards bust more so than future star.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Hogan is at best in this league a serviceable back up. I can't see us using a mid-round pick on him unless we have a quality starter in place.

Cardale Jones is a name that is being thrown around a lot. I do like his arm but man does he have a lot to learn. I see JaMarcus Russell and Ben Roethlisberger in him. Just a matter of which are you getting. I wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting him but he is a guy that I would probably lean towards bust more so than future star.
I don't see the bust in him at all.. Comparing him to JR is simply not fair to Jones.. And yeah i could see why you said big Ben.. Same kind of player.. Jones just has that knack for getting out of trouble, just like Big Ben!! You can't teach that, but are born with that.. Like i said, i would take Jones and let him develop.. Then trade him!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the bust in him at all.. Comparing him to JR is simply not fair to Jones.. And yeah i could see why you said big Ben.. Same kind of player.. Jones just has that knack for getting out of trouble, just like Big Ben!! You can't teach that, but are born with that.. Like i said, i would take Jones and let him develop.. Then trade him!!

What I mean in saying JR is I did not see the growth from year one to year two as a starter. He looked like a guy completely relying on his athletic ability to go and make plays. I was very disappointed that it looked like he regressed when he was surrounded by all that talent. Just seemed like the pressure got to him and since at least to an outside observer it looked like he didn't work hard I just see him as a huge risk/reward kind of guy. All depends on how high you have to draft him. Like I said I see the talent but I also see the huge red flags saying "Stay Away!"

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean in saying JR is I did not see the growth from year one to year two as a starter. He looked like a guy completely relying on his athletic ability to go and make plays. I was very disappointed that it looked like he regressed when he was surrounded by all that talent. Just seemed like the pressure got to him and since at least to an outside observer it looked like he didn't work hard I just see him as a huge risk/reward kind of guy. All depends on how high you have to draft him. Like I said I see the talent but I also see the huge red flags saying "Stay Away!"
You also have to understand the pressure he was under with that other QB they have who was the starter..
Urban handled that whole thing shitty.. Like i said jones has the most talent in this QB class, he just needs a good coaching staff.. He could start this year, if handled right.. Again you don't have to like Jones or even want him on your team, im just telling you what i see..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to understand the pressure he was under with that other QB they have who was the starter..
Urban handled that whole thing shitty.. Like i said jones has the most talent in this QB class, he just needs a good coaching staff.. He could start this year, if handled right.. Again you don't have to like Jones or even want him on your team, im just telling you what i see..

Not saying I don't like the guy. Just saying he is a huge risk. Which hey every rookie is for sure but he is a guy with the fewest starts, got benched, went on twitter tirades (shows maturity issues), lacked growth even in the few starts he had, and much more. Some of these other guys at least have 3 years of showing some growth as a starter and were not benched during their process.

I wouldn't mind the Broncos taking a shot at him I'm just guessing some team will use a higher pick than the Broncos feel comfortable using to get him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I don't like the guy. Just saying he is a huge risk. Which hey every rookie is for sure but he is a guy with the fewest starts, got benched, went on twitter tirades (shows maturity issues), lacked growth even in the few starts he had, and much more. Some of these other guys at least have 3 years of showing some growth as a starter and were not benched during their process.

I wouldn't mind the Broncos taking a shot at him I'm just guessing some team will use a higher pick than the Broncos feel comfortable using to get him.
Correct cd, every draft pick is a huge risk!! But not every draft pick has his talent.. Again, if his maturity issues are that he went on twitter and talked smack, lol im drafting him!! The payoff is to big not to gamble on his talent..
In truth, im sort of hoping you guys don't draft him, cuz with the right coaching he could be a force..
You gamble to WIN big, and not to break even with average talent.. Well imho!!

Anyways cd, im still waiting on word from Weddle's camp!! Some heavy hitters all want him.. And i wouldn't mind having him on our roster..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap!! Weddle to the Ravens!! Well, i didn't want him anyways.. Wink Wink

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah saw that Idaho. Very surprised as I didn't even know the Ravens were trying to get him. I'm just glad to see him out of the AFC West.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah saw that Idaho. Very surprised as I didn't even know the Ravens were trying to get him. I'm just glad to see him out of the AFC West.
I found it to be a double-bonus he went to the Ravens instead of the Steelers or Patriots, myself.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it to be a double-bonus he went to the Ravens instead of the Steelers or Patriots, myself.

Very true...None of us have to play the Ravens for at least this year and good chance none of us for next year so we will only see Weddle at the very end of his contract when he should be on a very quick downslide. I like it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i was a little shocked he went to the Ravens as well.. Im not knocking their team, i just didn't know they wanted him.. But the good news is?? There is still talent out there.. Nelson who alot of people say is better than Weddle, then you have Rahim Moore who is still young with upside, and JDR knows him.. Along with other safties out there..

Then we have the draft that's deep at S.. RAIDERS are pretty high on Thompson and Killebrew, so they say..
Like you guys said though, none of us will play Weddle so no biggie..