• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the lakers need to be the dominant team in Los Angeles again?

DieHardForever397

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing rumors from Kevin love, to melo to rajon rondo joining the lakers in 2015 because of free agency, what do the lakers actually need to be title contenders again and once again be a powerhouse in the nba?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rajon Rondo comes to the Lakers, I'm done. I'll be a Warriors fan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing rumors from Kevin love, to melo to rajon rondo joining the lakers in 2015 because of free agency, what do the lakers actually need to be title contenders again and once again be a powerhouse in the nba?

Next years draft pick, Kevin Love, and a new coach.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooboy.

A top 5 draft pick this year. At least 3 years for that draft pick to turn into a top 20 player. Kevin Love. A top 5 coach...lets say the Bulls coach. A few more role players

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooboy.

A top 5 draft pick this year. At least 3 years for that draft pick to turn into a top 20 player. Kevin Love. A top 5 coach...lets say the Bulls coach. A few more role players

coach Thibs would be a very nice get. guy knows defense...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Lakers canvas is so wide open it really is as simple as draft well this year and find a couple big names that play together.

As I am typing that I realize that is much easier said than done but for the LAL they have a huge advantage. Great location and a lot of money to spend. Throw in tradition yada yada.

The elephant in the room is how will Kobe react to being a co-leader rather than leader.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The elephant in the room is how will Kobe react to being a co-leader rather than leader.
I dont think it would be that big of a deal. Kevin Love would be grateful to have a guard who can shoot. If the Lakers draft a young guard like Smart or Exum then it gives them first hand experience to see all of the moves that they need to steal to get better. If they get Wiggins or Embiid, those guys wont be stars until Kobe is out of the league

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top pick this year and Kevin Love pretty much. Everything else should fall into place after that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drive by on CP3 and blake would help

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much at all

The LAKERS are the pre-eminent brand name in the NBA. Second place is not even close....it is a dot on the Horizon.

The Lakers current "roster" might be a mess, but the franchise and franchise equity is all powerful.

Heck, the NBA itself actively roots for the Lakers to be good.

The league makes more money when the Lakers are good.

The dream final from the commissioner's office is "LAKERS vs LAKERS" and always has been.

With that kind of brand support and league support, I doubt LA is down for very long at all.

They are too big to fail.

The league frankly will do everything "shady within the rules technically" to prevent it from happening.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lakers just need to get healthy, get a top 3 draft pick & Kevin Love in 2015, IMO also get Kobe healthy, IMO he can still give you 15-18 points a game from the SG position, he is still a 6'7 guard that has great footwork & can kill you in the post if other guards try & guard him in the perimeter or the post.

2. As far as role players Lakers need to stay young & athletic, I would bring back Farmar,Young,Marshall,Xavier,Kelly & Hill these guys can run & gun when healthy. Say Bye bye to Nash & Blake.

3. We need a new coach that can make adjustments, this team despite injuries just doesn't seem to have a game plan or know how to make any adjustments what so ever, they are trying, but have no true voice to guide them. I would love to see Rambis take over this young team IMO. All I here is the same old shit from Dumbtoni " well we are working on it " :L

4. I think it's time we move on from Gasoft while his value is a little better now that his playing some what okay now, but he is not the answer in the paint. Team have a field day getting points by just driving to the basket & attacking & most of all Gasoft just stands there looking like baby huey!! :doh:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will be back. Clean up ownership infighting, gain alignment between owner and GM, define and find a coach of the future, and build around a clear philosophy including clear rules about bringing internal squabbling into the press. If they want a showtime style Love would be perfect. He is a liability on defense so acquire a defensive big man. If LA wants him, trade the two remaining picks in the next 4 years for him, get him secured now and use FA post KObe to draw talent in for the real surge.

Of course, LBJ would be an amazing plan if they could pull it off. They need to stop wasting assets now. I like TLF idea to move Pau now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lakers just need to get healthy, get a top 3 draft pick & Kevin Love in 2015, IMO also get Kobe healthy, IMO he can still give you 15-18 points a game from the SG position, he is still a 6'7 guard that has great footwork & can kill you in the post if other guards try & guard him in the perimeter or the post.

2. As far as role players Lakers need to stay young & athletic, I would bring back Farmar,Young,Marshall,Xavier,Kelly & Hill these guys can run & gun when healthy. Say Bye bye to Nash & Blake.

3. We need a new coach that can make adjustments, this team despite injuries just doesn't seem to have a game plan or know how to make any adjustments what so ever, they are trying, but have no true voice to guide them. I would love to see Rambis take over this young team IMO. All I here is the same old shit from Dumbtoni " well we are working on it " :L

4. I think it's time we move on from Gasoft while his value is a little better now that his playing some what okay now, but he is not the answer in the paint. Team have a field day getting points by just driving to the basket & attacking & most of all Gasoft just stands there looking like baby huey!! :doh:
A Lakers fan calling Pau 'Gasoft' Really? Pau can play. He is just overpaid and too old for a rebuilding team

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Lakers fan calling Pau 'Gasoft' Really? Pau can play. He is just overpaid and too old for a rebuilding team

It is pretty funny.
Taking broke down Kobe out of the equation,
he is by far their best player.

Laker fans keep talking about drafts and FA and salary cap space etc, without mentioning Gasol will be gone to create any of those scenarios ( unless he signs for nothing -and why would he?)

It's not so easy to replace above average 7 footers in the NBA.

Watch and see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Lakers canvas is so wide open it really is as simple as draft well this year and find a couple big names that play together.

As I am typing that I realize that is much easier said than done but for the LAL they have a huge advantage. Great location and a lot of money to spend. Throw in tradition yada yada.

^^^THIS^^^

As for Kobe, internet message board bullshit aside, no FA's have expressed any problem about playing with Kobe. Besides, it's a 2 year deal, that alone pretty well makes Kobe a non-issue. They can sign an FA to play alongside him and then another when he retires.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should merge these type of threads into one giant clusterfuck.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty funny.
Taking broke down Kobe out of the equation,
he is by far their best player.

Laker fans keep talking about drafts and FA and salary cap space etc, without mentioning Gasol will be gone to create any of those scenarios ( unless he signs for nothing -and why would he?)

It's not so easy to replace above average 7 footers in the NBA.

Watch and see.

I would have no problem if the Lakers kept Pau for a couple of seasons at a reduced rate. He's not a max level player anymore, but if he could be signed for around $8-10 million for a couple of seasons, I'd be all for it. Especially if he continues to play the way that he has been of late.