• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well...let's talk about 2018

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I’d be excited if we got AZ 1st for Foles. It would put us in contention for an impact player and would also allow us to add 3 first round guys to a SB team (13, 32, Sidney Jones).

I know this sounds stupid and pretty freaking obvious but it would be a god send if Sidney Jones is a prime time player. It’s an area of weakness.

Remember when they drafted Jones? Everyone was like, “He’ll be starting when the Eagles are ready to compete.” Crazy how much has changed in the last 10 months.

I’m not sure what they’ll end up doing but I like where they’re at in the secondary. It’ll be interesting to see what they can get for Foles and what they’ll do in the offseason. Gotta have trust in Howie though.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when they drafted Jones? Everyone was like, “He’ll be starting when the Eagles are ready to compete.” Crazy how much has changed in the last 10 months.

I’m not sure what they’ll end up doing but I like where they’re at in the secondary. It’ll be interesting to see what they can get for Foles and what they’ll do in the offseason. Gotta have trust in Howie though.

I had a thought....firstly that I don't know if I see Arizona offer up the 15th for Foles. So I did some value chart digging to see if their second rounder (47th) and third rounder (79th) would equal up. I knew it wouldnt....and it didn't. The 2nd/3rd rounders have 60% of the value of the #15 pick.

So....I stick with my thought that they might not be willing to give #15. Should Howie swing Foles to the Cards for #47 and #79? It would give us day two picks....Foles I would imagine would be fine with being in Arizona.

I could totally get behind the #15 and #32 idea. But...short of that....I am not sure if I could get behind the 2nd/3rd rounder idea....maybe only if Foles really wanted to go to the Cards (in which case he deserves it).

That is all analysis while suspending the "Sudfeld could end up starting the year at QB" thing.....which is a thing.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought process is that you make as few changes as possible. I think the biggest problem with this team is CB. Jalen "bite on the double move" Mills is the weak link and should be replaced. I think Sidney Jones is the guy who will replace him and from what I hear he has the makings to be a stud. We shore up the secondary and Schwartz defense can be really dominating.

We currently have the best front 7 in the NFL. I would not make any changes I could help it. I would not get rid of Curry or anyone else unless we were so strapped on the cap we have no choice. Oneof the strengths of this line was the fact that they were fresh. We need to keep that trend going.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought process is that you make as few changes as possible. I think the biggest problem with this team is CB. Jalen "bite on the double move" Mills is the weak link and should be replaced. I think Sidney Jones is the guy who will replace him and from what I hear he has the makings to be a stud. We shore up the secondary and Schwartz defense can be really dominating.

We currently have the best front 7 in the NFL. I would not make any changes I could help it. I would not get rid of Curry or anyone else unless we were so strapped on the cap we have no choice. Oneof the strengths of this line was the fact that they were fresh. We need to keep that trend going.

I think your too hard on Mills. That guy has played incredible. Yes, he showed a weakness on that double move, with the NYG exploited. But that is coachable, and schemable. That comes from being very aggressive on their first cut, which also lead to a lot of knock downs and even INT's. When he is man on man, he has to give up that catch to protect against the double move. Otherwise, he should have safety help above, and it's not always a bad thing to bite on that. It all has to do with the defensive play at the time. But mills is a keeper. You don't need everyone to be a superstar. You need dedicated, hard working blue collar guys.. and imho, that fits mills to a T. He has bled green from the start - all the way to his hair. When the 2ndary was the weakest link on the entire team, he was the sole bright spot that even when he got burned, never gave up. I find no reason to get rid of Mills for minor coaching adjustments. I like Mills.

I sincerely hope Sydney is the top 10 stud they said he was coming out - and warranted the 2nd round IR pick we invested. But the little time he saw out there, he got burned and looked like a rookie. Granted, he doesn't have a solid camp under him and was totally green. But he also attended a lot of practices and should have been in the mental side of the game as he rehabbed as well. They wouldn't have put him out there, without being 100% and having some practice time also. But no way in hell you let go of mills, without even knowing what you have yet. But we need 4 serviceable CB's, and mills might share more time, but is worth keeping.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 realistic trade locations and packages for Nick Foles

Interesting I came across this on BGN after the talk here this morning.

I really wouldn’t expect Arizona to give their #15. Or let’s just say I would be shocked if the would.

Based on the assessments in this article...I might be willing to look at such an offer from Buffalo. If Nick would be open to it.

And all of that is with continued reservation that Wentz is 100% by start of season. But still, if they are going to listen I would be willing to think about such a Buffalo offer.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn’t disagree more with your first sentence. I think the surest way to lose is to stay stagnant. Now, I’m not saying to make changes for the sake of change. But you do whatever you can to improve the roster. 2018 will be different than 2017. They’ve got to do whatever they can to put together the best 53 man roster possible.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t disagree more with your first sentence. I think the surest way to lose is to stay stagnant. Now, I’m not saying to make changes for the sake of change. But you do whatever you can to improve the roster. 2018 will be different than 2017. They’ve got to do whatever they can to put together the best 53 man roster possible.
I think they have a very solid core of players on D. There are definitely players that MUST stay and some role players I would like to see stick around.

I love how our CBs and secondary became a strength for us but i don't think they all stay. Do we need Pederson or can Jones fill his spot?

I want them to keep Beau.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have a very solid core of players on D. There are definitely players that MUST stay and some role players I would like to see stick around.

I love how our CBs and secondary became a strength for us but i don't think they all stay. Do we need Pederson or can Jones fill his spot?

I want them to keep Beau.

Jones fill Pederson’s spot? Have you been drinking some of that beer brewed with New Englander’s tears?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones fill Pederson’s spot? Have you been drinking some of that beer brewed with New Englander’s tears?
sorry, meant Patrick Robinson.

Thinking Patrick Peterson...turned into Pederson...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, meant Patrick Robinson.

Thinking Patrick Peterson...turned into Pederson...

I think more likely is Jones/Darby as our starters and Mills slides into the slot.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more likely is Jones/Darby as our starters and Mills slides into the slot.
that is possible.

regardless, kind of a shame that we won't be bringing back Robinson, but I think he is gone. He was solid.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is possible.

regardless, kind of a shame that we won't be bringing back Robinson, but I think he is gone. He was solid.

Yeah. He had a great year. I’m sure someone else will throw money at him that we can’t match.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DB's are good. We need Linebckers, to add to Hicks and Bradham. We need another DT if Beau leaves, and another DE for depth and youth. Heck, this draft needs to go defense heavy. We saw how Brady shredded our D (600 yards). Against a great QB, we can't play "bend but don't break". Brady still almost beat us. We don't need any more CBs, but could use another safety for depth and youth. Jenkins is getting old. So, we need to add to the Dline LB, and safety. The first [pick will be BPA - that's how Joe Douglas works. No reaches.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is possible.

I have read it more about Robinson being able to do better in free agency based on the year he has had then us not wanting to resign him.

Last year a lot of guys came here cheap....likely cheaper than they could have gotten elsewhere. I expect to see that at least 1-2 times this offseason. Whether it is current players or free agents...this will happen some. And I would love to see Robinson be one of those....but I am not expecting it.

I totally see Jones/Darby and Mills to the slot. And I think we are better for it. Mills impressed more this year than I thought he would.....but I see him thriving better in the slot almost as much as Aggy did on the other side of the ball this year.

Mills played well....but he shows no sign of learning not to bite on the double move. While there are third string WR, TE and RB in this league that can make those moves they are far less than a #1 or #2 WR. Jones and Darby can lock those down and I think we will like what Mills can do in the slot.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I can see either Douglas or Mills end up at Safety. Mills played it in college equally as well as he played corner, he has the toughness and skill-set to do well there. Same with Douglas. Both lack long speed but do very well when the play is in front of them, both good tacklers and decent ball-skills. I know for next season we're set with McLeod/Jenkins, but beyond that is a big question mark, and we may already have two guys on the roster that could move to fill in one or both of those spots.

Just something to think about if Sid Jones becomes the All-Pro we hope he will be. Not sure if Mills not playing some slot last year was because we didn't have anyone else on the outside or because Schwartz isn't comfortable with him there. Adding another corner to this mix wouldn't be out of the question, especially if he might be the BPA at 32.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where was this support when Banner was paying rookies already under contract, 10 mil bonuses... for nothing??? Passing 15mil forward to future years, only to increase it and do it again? I said constantly, that yes, we spent money (ie, were not 'cheap') - but we didn't do the most important thing in this sport - IMPROVE YOUR ROSTER! At least people see it now... some decade+ later.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is possible.

he was very solid. Why do you think we won't bring him back??

And why do people keep thinking that our CB's that are not good enough to be starters will turn into a Safety? That gets talked about all the time, but how often has it actually been done???

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was very solid. Why do you think we won't bring him back??

And why do people keep thinking that our CB's that are not good enough to be starters will turn into a Safety? That gets talked about all the time, but how often has it actually been done???

The speculation is that Robinson will cost too much money to bring back. As far as the CB to S thing, I think people assume it’s too easy of a transition. That being said, Mills was a starter last year so I’m not sure it’s fair to say he’s not good enough to be a starter. On top of that, Jenkins himself made the transition. Not every CB can do it. But some can.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was this support when Banner was paying rookies already under contract, 10 mil bonuses... for nothing??? Passing 15mil forward to future years, only to increase it and do it again? I said constantly, that yes, we spent money (ie, were not 'cheap') - but we didn't do the most important thing in this sport - IMPROVE YOUR ROSTER! At least people see it now... some decade+ later.

Maybe we’ve all learned from the mistakes of Banner/Reid. The Reid years were nice. We were almost always competitive but they lacked something.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we need a new punter