• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well I hope everyone that went to Madison still had fun...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Red Said: I agree with everything you're saying. What BAB, Myself, and Fork'Em are saying is that we don't see any personal insults being given. When we say "Asshole" to people wearing Nebraska gear, it's pretty obvious that we're just being jestful and not actually calling you assholes. The same is true for when we chant "Eat Shit, Fuck You" at the other student sections. It's not like we don't talk to people in Section O because of it at the end of the game. If you see the asshole chant, you'd understand that it is clearly different from a person calling you an asshole in everyday conversation. If people are making insults personally directed at you rather than poking fun at the fact that you are our opponent, that is wrong. Calling a clearly skinny person "fat" as a joke doesn't qualify. In fact, nothing in this thread outside of the beer throw (which is totally wrong and uncalled for) is a personally directed insult towards anybody.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I'm not overlooking what Irule said. I think that's the main difference between us, Smart. No matter what the intent is, people should be mindful of personal space. Like I said, I would have slapped the shit out of some Badgers if I were walking behind Irule and saw that. And I HAVE seen it in the past. It's a problem, because even if it's just one kid, that one kid is getting under hundreds of people's skin as they walk to the stadium.

I think what we're running into here is literally like 40 people total getting to about 8,000 people and giving us all a bad reputation. Which is kind of what I've been trying to explain. Yes, the Badger students are rowdy, and whether it's intended or not, that does create an environment for the jackasses to thrive in.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are getting way too long winded. Jesus.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this: Nebraska Fans are much classier than Wisconsin fans from the way you guys describe yourselves.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont let the huskers fool you, they are just like other fans,,,they will give you shit at the game ,ive been twice and one time hell i had hands put on me and almost turned into a big fight between by buddies and a group of husker fans

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are getting way too long winded. Jesus.

BuckyRead.jpg

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest in saying that I don't go to many frat parties, and I definitely don't go to them prior to football games. In case you missed me in the frat thread about a month ago, I think people in frats at Wisconsin are douchebags. My crowd before a game is more the sitting of a porch in Mifflin playing baggo or catch and talking. If you passed a frat house and people were drunk as hell playing "Party Rock Anthem" and running up and annoying the shit out of you, I, like Fork'Em, understand how that can be frustrating.

That isn't a part of my normal gameday experience, and I don't think it is for most students. Only about 10% of our students are in frats and while there are bound to be others who go to frat parties, they still are in the heavy minority. Certainly, calling those guys representative of our student body and thus making the jump to our entire school body is a joke. Unlike schools like Illinois, those guys tend to be the outcasts on the larger scale at the University. They are people that are targeted in the famous Badger Herald Shout Outs.

If you think those people are representative of our whole student body, they aren't. I think most of us agree that those guys are legitimately douchebags, and we tend to ignore them. Up until now, I hadn't even realized this thread was probably referring to members of our small and isolated Greek community. Hopefully, you guys can understand that I am sorry if I sounded like I condoned their actions. They aren't a part of most of our college experiences, so I am sorry they had to be a part of yours. Next time, you guys probably want to stay North of Regent Street and avoid the west side of Breese. If you do, I think you'll see that most of our student body is pretty awesome.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be that "The Normal Behavior" of the B1G isn't what we as a fan base have experienced in the past conference - Colorado the exception. From the Wisconsin fans point of view, they may see this as normal behavior from 80% of the B1G schools they visit. Where it started who knows, but the Wiscosin fans most likely get as good as they give out. It's just a culture shock kind of thing for us, and I hope this perceived bad behavior doesn't happen with our fans and students. The TV folks always say that Nebraska is one of the best places to watch a college football game. A friend of mine went to an AUburn football game (not vs Nebraska) and his car ended up with 4 flat tires, keyed, and his antenna broke off. He though it was because of his Nebraska license plates. Are all Auburn fans assholes? Who knows, but I doubt it!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make my final post on this thread by saying the following;

Congrats to Wisconsin for their victory this weekend.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope we can improve enough in the coming weeks to get to the Big Ten 1st annual Championship game to play you again (if it turns out to be in the cards). Although you guys thumped us pretty good, I do not think the talent difference between the two teams is truly reflected by the final score of this weeks game.

The immediate concern for us now is... to lick our wounds and get ready for Ohio State with their starters now returning for the first time this season... Will we learn from our game this past weekend? I hope so or this season could become even more of a challenge then it already is...

No excuses.. the better team won!

EDIT: And bone... don't you have an OU Sooner to take for their daily walk.... I could see how you would find trouble in Lincoln... as it's obvious you stick your nose in places it doesn't belong...

Last edited by a moderator:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that overall Wisconsin fans are nice people, and a small minority can ruin it for groups of opposing fans

I went in realizing that I was going to get some shit, and that we wouldn't be treated as well as people visiting Nebraska, and that's fine.

Some of the stuff I disagree with, but nothing was bad enough to ruin my experience.. just got pretty annoying

a couple days removed now, it doesn't seem like anything that happened to me was that big of a deal, more of an annoyance, and I was expecting to be confronted and boo'd, or told to go back home.. but I realize that this isn't how all fans in Wisconsin behave, nor condone this behavior

Good luck the rest of the way, Wisconsin, and we'll get ya next time ;)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be that "The Normal Behavior" of the B1G isn't what we as a fan base have experienced in the past conference - Colorado the exception. From the Wisconsin fans point of view, they may see this as normal behavior from 80% of the B1G schools they visit. Where it started who knows, but the Wiscosin fans most likely get as good as they give out. It's just a culture shock kind of thing for us, and I hope this perceived bad behavior doesn't happen with our fans and students. The TV folks always say that Nebraska is one of the best places to watch a college football game. A friend of mine went to an AUburn football game (not vs Nebraska) and his car ended up with 4 flat tires, keyed, and his antenna broke off. He though it was because of his Nebraska license plates. Are all Auburn fans assholes? Who knows, but I doubt it!

A Texas fan in my office just said to me earlier today that Nebraska fans are the nicest of any team he's come across at games. That's certainly a credit to you guys. But don't start calling Wisconsin fans "classless" just because of college students being college students.

If someone throws a full can of beer at another person, that's obviously out of line in any context. That person should get their butt kicked. If someone really does run up to a person and get in their face and start swearing, that's obnoxious behavior too. But I don't think that's most of what went on.

Wisconsin fans will swear, and they'll taunt and start chants toward opposing fans and teams, but it's meant to be fun. Probably more fun for the Wisconsin fans than the fans of the other team (especially when that other team gets destroyed on the field), but it's not malicious and you shouldn't be so sensitive about it.

If people told you to "go back home", it was just trash talk. Wisconsin fans, like other Big Ten fans, are excited about having Nebraska in the conference. But you'd hear the same from other B1G teams. I've heard that at games in Iowa City and Columbus when we lost. It's just a product of this game being hyped up as "Wisconsin welcomes Nebraska to the Big Ten,", and completely blowing out the Huskers team that some were expecting to dominate in their first year. I mean, even my mother, who is English and very polite, sent me an email during the game that read "I think Nebraska would quite like to go home now...". Someone yelling "go back to Lincoln!" is just a drunk 20-year-old's version of that sentiment.

I mean, if you go to a Wisconsin far here in NYC for a game and you're wearing the colors of the opposing team, at one point or another everyone around you in the bar will probably start pointing at you and chanting "Ass-hole, Ass-hole, Ass-hole...". But other B1G fans don't take it personally. In fact the best reaction I've seen was a Michigan fan at Mad River (a Badgers bar on the Upper East Side) who was there with his girlfriend that went to Madison. People started chanting "asshole" during a commercial break, and he started clapping his hands and sang "Hail to the Victors". That earns respect and is the appropriate reaction... just give as hard as you get.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I don't feel so bad about our fans anymore. I forgot you guys have your own douchebags.

I was in section BB. (most) Everybody was a season ticket holder, and the guy that brought me knew everyone and we talked football. Up until Saturday, I was able to watch both teams and root each of them on independently without ever running into the truth that they'd ever play each other. I still cheered for NU and wasn't overzealous about it. There was ONE GUY, 1 row and 5 people over that was being a complete jackass. He was serenading us with: (to the best of my memory)
"FUCKING CORN CHEATERS!! GET A REAL FUCKING PROGRAM!!"
"QUITTERS!!"
but the one that got me was...
"WE GO TO ROSE BOWLS HERE!! SUCK ON YOUR HOLIDAY BOWL CORNFUCKS!"
to which I responded:
"Rose Bowl, huh? How'd that go for ya last year?"

All in all, a -good- GREAT time. Talked to Chase Rome's family: really cool people.
I can honestly say that sure, there were some drunken douchebags, but everybody's got some. As for the student section: the "FUCK YOU! - EAT SHIT" is a variation on "Less filling - tastes great". I thought the "Thanks for joining" chant was nice. I guess I'm used to it, so I wasn't phased by it.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lied about not coming back. This is just incredibly hypocritical. I've never ever seen a person threatened with violence at a Wisconsin game. Outside of some asshole (who should have been arrested) throwing a beer, I doubt anyone will say they feelt phyiscally threatened. I have gone to one Iowa game in my life (our victory last year), and after the game I was threatened with violence on three seperate occasions. The only reason why I think I was not attacked is that I saw the game with some of my high school friends (who go to Iowa). When I went to the Wisconsin-Iowa game with some of them in 2009, they joined other Iowa fans and did some weird Hawkeye dance on our bleachers at the end of the game (notably more obnoxious than anything I did at Iowa). None of them were threatened. I'd rather have drunk, profane fans than possibly violent ones.

Were you at that game 12 years ago??

Didn't think so.

STFU

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart's actually digging this thread up guise.