• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 @ SF

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2 at the midway point is way better than most Falcons fans could have expected...certainly the local media that follows the team on a day to day basis feels they have played better than what they saw in August.

Lately...though...the team has not looked as good offensively and it's mostly at the QB position...turning the ball over. In some ways I feel okay about it, because I know that Ryan is a hard worker and they will sort out the source of the turnovers and get that corrected.

Week 9...the Falcons have dodged the big injury bug, but they have some nicks that are starting to effect the team. Hankerson is still not practicing this week...Justin Hardy (rookie) got his 1st NFL start last week off the PS and was targeted a few times...they really like this kid but had no room for him until now...signed to the PS was CJ Goodwin...he was a late cut by the Steelers...Willie Moe, Durant, and Alford all missed practice on Wed...not sure of game status yet...some good news...Trufant did practice although limited.

Falcons OFC...in short protect the ball, don't give SF any short fields...the OFC is too diverse for the 49ers to shut them down...they should go north of 24 in this game.

Falcons DEF...Blaine Gabbert, yes he's still in the league...gets the start for the benched Kap. Gabbert won't have his Pro Bowl TE, Vernon Davis...he's been shipped off to DEN. Hyde might be the most dangerous threat they have...Continue to focus on stopping the ground game this week...I just don't see the 49ers scoring enough points (barring ATL turnovers) to beat the Falcons.

Falcons 27-20

What say you?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if we gave them 20 points.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if we gave them 20 points.

Come to think of it 20 might be high considering a new QB...if the front 7 can take Hyde away who is supposed to be gimpy...they could have trouble clearing 17.

Alford is game time at best, most likely Jalen Collins gets his 1st NFL start. It'll be interesting to see how often they target his side.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary's health is the only concern I have about our defense. I think as long as we don't turn it over a bunch (which, as we've seen twice, is a distinct possibility), we should win this game by a solid margin. I would love to see Atlanta just blow them out to get their groove back.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was some of the most putrid shit I've ever seen. Just God fucking awful. I'm not even going to make a bullet list. Offense sucks ass, end of story.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give it up for their defense. They absolutely shut down the offense. San Francisco didn't do anything special on offense. I'd say we actually played pretty well on defense; we just couldn't move the ball and keep up on the scoreboard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was some of the most putrid shit I've ever seen. Just God fucking awful. I'm not even going to make a bullet list. Offense sucks ass, end of story.

I had this long drawn out list too Demon and scrapped it.

IMO, this one was on Shanny.

Monday morning QB...I know they were keying on Freeman, but the last OFC drive...they move all the way downfield exclusively via the pass...1st and goal from the 8...why not Freeman him a touch or two there from the same spread formation they were using the whole drive...a delayed hand off, or a draw, a screen, something to get him a touch in that spot.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this long drawn out list too Demon and scrapped it.

IMO, this one was on Shanny.

Monday morning QB...I know they were keying on Freeman, but the last OFC drive...they move all the way downfield exclusively via the pass...1st and goal from the 8...why not Freeman him a touch or two there from the same spread formation they were using the whole drive...a delayed hand off, or a draw, a screen, something to get him a touch in that spot.

I don't even know who to blame anymore. I've been very unimpressed with Ryan this season. He's not playing bad, but he could be doing so much better, especially since his O-line has actually been all right for the most part.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give it up for their defense. They absolutely shut down the offense. San Francisco didn't do anything special on offense. I'd say we actually played pretty well on defense; we just couldn't move the ball and keep up on the scoreboard.

IDK Night...Julio is Julio and Tamme is nice, but without a WR2 stepping up I don't expect this OFC to rebound...with Hankerson out, I don't get 2 targets to Roddy.

The DEF adjusted and shut SF down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know who to blame anymore. I've been very unimpressed with Ryan this season. He's not playing bad, but he could be doing so much better, especially since his O-line has actually been all right for the most part.

I don't consider myself credible seriously, but I point to Shanny in this one because he allowed the 9ers to turn him into a one dimensional OFC far too early in the game...I don't remember SF being up more than one possession....40+ pass attempts in a 1 possession is a lot.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider myself credible seriously, but I point to Shanny in this one because he allowed the 9ers to turn him into a one dimensional OFC far too early in the game...I don't remember SF being up more than one possession....40+ pass attempts in a 1 possession is a lot.

Freeman didn't get enough carries. I believe the announcers said he had a dozen? When you have what's been the best running back in football, you need to feed him. I don't care if he was getting tackled for a loss often. We hardly went into eye-formation. We mostly tried other running plays.

We need to stop abandoning the run so much.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Night...Julio is Julio and Tamme is nice, but without a WR2 stepping up I don't expect this OFC to rebound...with Hankerson out, I don't get 2 targets to Roddy.

The DEF adjusted and shut SF down.
I agree with what you're saying. When the running game isn't working we can't just rely on only Julio. Roddy seems like he has disappeared this season. I don't know what is going on with him. At this point all we can hope for is Justin Hardy to grow up pretty quickly.
Freeman didn't get enough carries. I believe the announcers said he had a dozen? When you have what's been the best running back in football, you need to feed him. I don't care if he was getting tackled for a loss often. We hardly went into eye-formation. We mostly tried other running plays.

Yea, 12 carries for 12 yards but 67 receiving yards with a receiving touchdown.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you're saying. When the running game isn't working we can't just rely on only Julio. Roddy seems like he has disappeared this season. I don't know what is going on with him. At this point all we can hope for is Justin Hardy to grow up pretty quickly.

He's definitely a fine receiver (he still got me a shot ton of fantasy points). I hope they learn from this loss. You can't abandon the running game when it's that close of a game even when you're having a hard time running it.

I didn't hear Coleman's name called a lot. Where was he?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely a fine receiver (he still got me a shot ton of fantasy points). I hope they learn from this loss. You can't abandon the running game when it's that close of a game even when you're having a hard time running it.

I didn't hear Coleman's name called a lot. Where was he?
I think most NFL teams tend to abandon the run too soon. You're right that they didn't try to consistently wear them down. I'm not sure what's going on with Coleman. Maybe he's still in the doghouse for that fumble a few weeks ago?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree...I think he had 3 or 4 carries in the 2nd half, had to make it a

IDK if it was Freeman trying to stretch it wide too much, but the SF LBs were not having anything bouncing wide.

Roddy...unless you are at the game or have the all 22, it's tough to really know what is going on with Roddy, but as you can imagine, sportstalk is really starting to grind on this topic...the radio p-b-p guy you've probably heard me talk about Wes Durham...interviewed and he said Roddy appears to be open a lot more than the targets would indicate and he kind of threw his hands up too.

Hankerson can do more with it once he catches it, but I'm not as impressed with him replacing Harry D...until he can get back on the field Hardy is the next man up.

I like what Shanny has done, but this is starting to look like what happened in CLE...the 1st 5 or 6 games with Hoyer they started hot, then teams had enough tape on them and he was not able to adjust and the season went into the tank.

Granted, he has more talent here and I don't expect them to go into the tank, but the last 3 games they have scored, 10, 20 and 16...maybe this is why Roddy is not getting the targets, but he has come out and said they need to change things up.