• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams, 10/08/17, 1:05 pm PDT

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was totally serious. By respectful I guess you meant not poking fun of your team? Tell you what no big deal for me, you go with that if you like. In fact since your worried about a jinx, I’ll release you from even changing your avatar. It was a great game, went right up to the last play.:suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dc-logo-schema.jpg

Just saying, he was drawing all the attention and leaving the other guys open.

They were not going to let Sammy beat them, so what are they suppose to do?

Throw to him even though he is drawing their top defender and the safety?

Besides, there was that one target where he quit on the route, that could have been a TD for Sam.

Watkins actually quit on his route a few times leading to incompletions... not sure what was wrong with him today...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was totally serious. By respectful I guess you meant not poking fun of your team? Tell you what no big deal for me, you go with that if you like. In fact since your worried about a jinx, I’ll release you from even changing your avatar. It was a great game, went right up to the last play.:suds:
I really thought you were just messing with me, but I did say if you were serious I would put it up.

With that, I can't upload it.

It says the screen shot is too large. Can you send me the actual image location, and not a screen shot?

For now, I'll just go with the dumb and dumber that appeared somehow...

I guess you put it there.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to watch the game but from the looks of it, I probably would've gotten pissed off during it.

I guess I'm going to do opinions based on the box score so if I'm wrong on something, feel free to correct me.

Obviously this one is on the offense and special teams. You can't turn the ball over five times and expect to win games, no matter who it is you're facing. The fact that they only lost by six and had a chance to win it shows to me that the defense came to play. I've already said numerous times that I can't wait for Tayvon Austin to be shown the door and I still stand by it.

As I said in the previous statement, it looked like the defense came to play and don't really hold them accountable for the loss. Held Wilson to under 200 yards passing and allowed under 70 yards rushing the whole game. I liked that they improved dramatically against the run game. I also like that it looked like they were in the backfield early and often, giving Wilson fits all game long, as they usually have.

Glad to see Higbee have a good game, even though he only caught half the passes thrown towards him. Hopefully he can start getting more and more involved with the offense as the weeks go by. I'm guessing that Watkins was blanketed all game long since he didn't catch a single pass and only was thrown to four times. Also sucks to see Gurley shut down after his first 100 yard rushing game last week since the St. Louis era. I'm guessing that Seattle took the chance with Goff beating them over Gurley and it paid off.

So off to Jacksonville next week in hopes to right the ship against another tough defense. I'm expecting a low scoring, defensive affair but I don't see why we can't get our fourth win of the season next Sunday.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to watch the game but from the looks of it, I probably would've gotten pissed off during it.

I guess I'm going to do opinions based on the box score so if I'm wrong on something, feel free to correct me.

Obviously this one is on the offense and special teams. You can't turn the ball over five times and expect to win games, no matter who it is you're facing. The fact that they only lost by six and had a chance to win it shows to me that the defense came to play. I've already said numerous times that I can't wait for Tayvon Austin to be shown the door and I still stand by it.

As I said in the previous statement, it looked like the defense came to play and don't really hold them accountable for the loss. Held Wilson to under 200 yards passing and allowed under 70 yards rushing the whole game. I liked that they improved dramatically against the run game. I also like that it looked like they were in the backfield early and often, giving Wilson fits all game long, as they usually have.

Glad to see Higbee have a good game, even though he only caught half the passes thrown towards him. Hopefully he can start getting more and more involved with the offense as the weeks go by. I'm guessing that Watkins was blanketed all game long since he didn't catch a single pass and only was thrown to four times. Also sucks to see Gurley shut down after his first 100 yard rushing game last week since the St. Louis era. I'm guessing that Seattle took the chance with Goff beating them over Gurley and it paid off.

So off to Jacksonville next week in hopes to right the ship against another tough defense. I'm expecting a low scoring, defensive affair but I don't see why we can't get our fourth win of the season next Sunday.
Pretty good assessment of the game just from the stat lines.

We had two drops in the endzone, (Everett & Kupp) and a Gurley fumble at the goal line as he tried to extend for the pylon & lost it literally a fraction of a second before stepping out.

We got zero points out of each of those opportunities which of course could have resulted in 21 points, so we could have won 31 -16. (The refs missed the hold on Everett, but the defender did let go and Everett could have caught it, but it was 3rd down so the call would have given the Rams a 1st and goal from the 1) The refs did a pretty good job of screwing the Rams all day IMO, but the Rams did themselves no favors either turning it over all day long.

The Gurley fumble went out of bounds, but they went to review the TD call on the field and called the touchback. The Everett drop resulted in a missed short field goal. The Kupp drop would have been an outstanding catch if he could have made it. (And he almost did) Goff put everything he had on it including the mustard to thread the needle, it would have been the game winner.

The Rams had one hell of a drive to end the game, too bad they're last turnover on the previous drive resulted in a FG because they were in short field goal range and could have tied the game if not for that last turnover.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I've said it a million times, I think Pete Carrol has made a deal with the devil, his teams are so damned lucky. They've been historically pretty good too, don't get me wrong, but so many factors went into the Rams losing this game, they outplayed the Seahags and should have easily won this game.

Hopefully they learn from this and remember rule number one in the NFL...

Ball security.

From Gurley, to Tavon, to Goff

(Although the Goff fumble and at least one INT were failures in protection, and team turnovers IMO)

Honestly UVA guy, if they have 4 turnovers, (Still to many) but if they only have 4 turnovers in this game, the Rams win.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I've said it a million times, I think Pete Carrol has made a deal with the devil, his teams are so damned lucky. They've been historically pretty good too, don't get me wrong, but so many factors went into the Rams losing this game, they outplayed the Seahags and should have easily won this game.

Hopefully they learn from this and remember rule number one in the NFL...

Ball security.

From Gurley, to Tavon, to Goff

(Although the Goff fumble and at least one INT were failures in protection, and team turnovers IMO)

Honestly UVA guy, if they have 4 turnovers, (Still to many) but if they only have 4 turnovers in this game, the Rams win.
And that is definitely a credit to the defense for not letting those turnovers turn into even more points than they did. Of the guys that fumbled, it's Tayvon that's the biggest concern in my opinion.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy W not even getting a catch. That has to change

I'm sure he was consistently drawing a lot of coverage, but we already know the guy wants his touches (he admitted he wanted 10 targets a game with the Bills, who throw much less than the Rams lol). He said the right things leading up to the game, but that doesn't mean that mentality isn't still there in the background. Guys want to be involved, especially top WRs, and that can't mean only as a decoy.

I was surprised there was enough evidence to call Gurley's early near-TD a fumble; it looked out of bounds to me. It certainly didn't like indisputable, which it should need to be to overturn the TD to a touchback. I only had the benefit of the replays they showed on RedZone though, so maybe they showed a definitive replay? The foot out of bounds was clear, but not that the ball was already loose IMO.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he was consistently drawing a lot of coverage, but we already know the guy wants his touches (he admitted he wanted 10 targets a game with the Bills, who throw much less than the Rams lol). He said the right things leading up to the game, but that doesn't mean that mentality isn't still there in the background. Guys want to be involved, especially top WRs, and that can't mean only as a decoy.

I was surprised there was enough evidence to call Gurley's early near-TD a fumble; it looked out of bounds to me. It certainly didn't like indisputable, which it should need to be to overturn the TD to a touchback. I only had the benefit of the replays they showed on RedZone though, so maybe they showed a definitive replay? The foot out of bounds was clear, but not that the ball was already loose IMO.
Pretty sure it was a fumble from what I saw shops, but I wish they would have explained how they can look at a fumble when they are using the official review to see if the Touchdown stands, is confirmed, or is ruled short of the goal. Don't ever recall, an official review looking at the TD standards and then ruling on another aspect of the game. (Sort of reminds me of them looking to see if an INT is good or not and in the review, we see the defender get there early with a face mask penalty and all they can look at is if the defender comes up with the ball or not)

Anyways, the officials replay was to determine if he scored or not, not to determine if he fumbled before he scored or not.

And since he clearly steps out before he gets the ball in the endzone, than if Pete Carrol wanted to challenge that Gurley fumbled the ball out of the endzone, he should have HAD TO make an official coaches challenge once they spotted the ball at the goal IMO.

So, since the ball should have been spotted on the 1 yard line, where he stepped out, than Pete should have been required to make a decision on whether he wanted to use his challenge so early in the game. Maybe he decides he doesn't because it was so early in the game, or he doesn't decide to use it before the Rams run a play, you know McVay uses that uptempo to get out of those types of situations.

What pisses me off, you could tell Pete got them to look at the possible touchback 'for free' so to speak, by his reaction. That shouldn't be allowed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is definitely a credit to the defense for not letting those turnovers turn into even more points than they did. Of the guys that fumbled, it's Tayvon that's the biggest concern in my opinion.

If he was back on punts again after that fumble, then our ST needs a head check. Tavon has checked out of the PR duties. He doesn't want to do it and is "above it". But that's going to be 1 of his MOs in this league if wants to get on a football field

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the highlights of the game...I had to listen to it on radio. I think the Rams lost a game they should have won. The Rams played well except for a handful of blunders. This week the defense stepped up big but ST and the blunders on offense were too many to over come.
That being said this is the second time a touchdown was taken away from the Rams by the Zebras. The refs allowed illegal picks all day long and the last play was definitely defensive interference.
This was a loss but it wasn't a surrender like last seasons team would have done. They played to win all day and had a shot at a win in the end
against a very good team.

I can live with that. GO RAMS!!!!!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I have been watching football for years and have never seen a play quite like the Gurley fumble. What I saw was his foot out of bounds, before the fumble. My eyes aren't as good as they were years ago. Nevertheless I agree with Vita, I thought they were reviewing the TD, not the fumble. Damn that's confusing for this old man.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the sense that whenever we now play a NFL game, that the refs have it out for the Rams? This is becoming a disturbing pattern beginning with the Washington game that the refs bias was so blatant to be illegal. Here we are five weeks in and the refs have become the 12th man nearly every game we have played.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the sense that whenever we now play a NFL game, that the refs have it out for the Rams? This is becoming a disturbing pattern beginning with the Washington game that the refs bias was so blatant to be illegal. Here we are five weeks in and the refs have become the 12th man nearly every game we have played.
I understand how you feel, and for me it certainly can feel that way at times, but I'm not ready to go there. Don't want to go there though, so there is that.

But if you Retro, or any of you have the game on tape, look at the very first offensive snap for Seattle, the RT jumps early and IMO it wasn't that close. Yet it went as a no call.

I remember at that moment in time I was hoping that no call wasn't going to be an omen or portent of things to come, but it was....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

never going again with my gut with this team, every time i get excited we lose
Well we didn't lose to Seattle red, we beat ourselves. 5 TO's is something they can focus on and 'fix'. An offense like we had last year was not, and took a good percentage of a roster change to do it. These young guys will mature and get better, Wade's defense is certainly going to get better. It may not be a good time to curb your enthusiasm.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't lose to Seattle red, we beat ourselves. 5 TO's is something they can focus on and 'fix'. An offense like we had last year was not, and took a good percentage of a roster change to do it. These young guys will mature and get better, Wade's defense is certainly going to get better. It may not be a good time to curb your enthusiasm.

Didn't watch the game, but saw the highlights. It would have been nice to see them win one in the final seconds. We are young and will just have to learn from this. Anyhow I am surprised with our record so far and play on offence. I just cant figure out what's up with Aaron Donald? Someone needs to light a fire under his ass! :mad2: