• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams, 10/08/17, 1:05 pm PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point last year where we had the same record and things went terribly wrong with Fisher. Some posters on this board are remaining cautious for that very reason but I believe that the culture in Ramsland has indeed changed for the better with McVay and company.

Our offense faces another stiff challenge with a stingy defense of Seattle but their offense is struggling and they are 0-2 on the road this year. Should be a good contest with our stellar offense and struggling defense.

PFF this week has rated the Rams the real deal. This should be a pretty good measuring stick for that assessment. I think we will prevail in this game even though we may not score as many points as we have been scoring.

Methinks I shall visit the game thread and see how we do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody has got to remove those ridiculous gold numbers on the jerseys. Last week with the all-royal blue shirts and pants, those gold numbers just looked awful and we would have looked way better with WHITE numbers that matched the WHITE stripe on the pants. With the home white jerseys, please somebody put the dark royal blue numbers on the jerseys and get rid of that gold crap! Geez that looks so disjointed/helter-skelter especially with those awesome Blue and White-horned helmets!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point last year where we had the same record and things went terribly wrong with Fisher. Some posters on this board are remaining cautious for that very reason but I believe that the culture in Ramsland has indeed changed for the better with McVay and company.
Here is some striking differences regarding our 3-1 record this year, opposed to last.

Point Differential:
  • 2016: -18 points
  • 2017: +37 points
High Average Passing Yards:
  • 2016: 206 yards - Kneenum
  • 2017: 268 yards - Goff
High Average Rushing Yards:
  • 2016: 54 yards - Gurley
  • 2017: 90 yards - Gurley
High Average Receiving Yards:
  • 2016: 81 yards - Britt (3g-243y) Austin (82y)
  • 2017: 93 yards - Kupp (76y), Everett (95y), Woods (108y), Gurley (94y)
Average Time of Possession:
  • 2016: 28:11 minutes
  • 2017: 29:35 minutes
Average First Downs:
  • 2016: 57 or -11 vs opponents
  • 2017: 83 or +1.25 vs opponents
Obviously we are scoring a ton more points/yards this year, and giving up a ton more point/yards than last year. But what the big difference I see offensively, is our offensive line is getting better each week, providing lanes for Gurley and giving Goff a cleaner pocket to work from and defensively we are begging to settle into Wade's 3-4 system.

From those stats I posted, we see Goff is +62 in yards passing, Gurley is +36 rushing in rushing yards, Ram QB's in '16 focused on one target (Britt), in '17 the ball is getting spread around. Time of Possession is +1:24, but the number of first downs is a staggering +26 through 4 games for an average of 6.5 more first downs per game!

Now I'm not saying we win this week. Like Retro, I think this will be a test as we go against the best statistical defense we've faced this year to date.

The Seahags are giving up an average of just 19.25 ppg through 4 games, that's pretty stingy, and it will be a real test for the young Rams offense, and their young Head Coach to come out of this game with a win.

With a win, we take a commanding 2 game lead in the NFC West, a loss puts us in a deadlock tie with last years NFC West Champs. Don't think both teams don't know this, so this is going to be a hard hitting battle as long as the game is in reach for either team.

The Seahags are still a pass first team, and Pete is known to go for it on 4th down and have good success doing it too. They are susceptible to the run, so I expect a huge dose of Todd to open up the passing game, unless the Hags stack the box, then McVay will attack their line backers who will be crowding the LOS.

The bottom line, to win this, we may just need for Wade's defense to continue what they started in the second half of last weeks game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody has got to remove those ridiculous gold numbers on the jerseys. Last week with the all-royal blue shirts and pants, those gold numbers just looked awful and we would have looked way better with WHITE numbers that matched the WHITE stripe on the pants. With the home white jerseys, please somebody put the dark royal blue numbers on the jerseys and get rid of that gold crap! Geez that looks so disjointed/helter-skelter especially with those awesome Blue and White-horned helmets!
I'm not exactly sure if we can do that. The NFL has strict rules regarding color changes so teams don't deviate from year to year or even game to game.

To me it doesn't make a lot of sense, limit the number of changes per team in a specific time frame because this gradual color change regulations do no favors to the uniform presentation displayed on the field.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our d-line usually brings the heat against Russel Wilson. I'm hoping Donald/Brockers/Quinn and company have a big day.

Another match up to watch will be their secondary vs our new wrs.(Sherman vs Watkins)! :sherm:

Could be a brawl! Time to pluck some feathers!:pop2:........Where in the hell is SJ???

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Russell loves seeing our Dline. :lol:

Seattle's Oline certainly isn't Dallas. And we just did a good job on Dak in the 2nd half - hopefully we can carry that over to this game and the rest of the season. Not sure if their defense is as good as it has been..

This defense has to start clicking eventually.

I hope we blow these sons-a-bitches the f*** out!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our d-line usually brings the heat against Russel Wilson. I'm hoping Donald/Brockers/Quinn and company have a big day.

Another match up to watch will be their secondary vs our new wrs.(Sherman vs Watkins)! :sherm:

Could be a brawl! Time to pluck some feathers!:pop2:........Where in the hell is SJ???
I hope you're right Zeke! This will be one of the games I will be going to this year, and may determine if I'm going to the Vikings away game or the Seattle away game.

So far, it's Seattle because I've been wanting to go to a home game there for a long time.

As for the Vikings game, my brother in law who is a Vikes fan, goes to a home game every year with a few of his buddies, they usually pick a game when a good team comes to town. We could be 3-6 or we could be 8-1, I'm hoping for the latter of course, but once they decide which game they will go to, if it's the LA Rams, I'll be there.

Still for sure, I'm going to the Arizona game though, that's a lock!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning close games & comeback games, like you got treated to last week SJ is always a blast! But I'll take a good 'ole ass kicking every time!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning close games & comeback games, like you got treated to last week SJ is always a blast! But I'll take a good 'ole ass kicking every time!

Surely wasn't expecting a W. And when we were down 2 TDs I wasn't feeling great. But this Rams team found a way to claw back, stay close, and most importantly.. Found a way to win.

I'm telling you.. It's been awhile since I wore that Warner jersey, but the W/L record on that jersey has to be unreal.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did take the Rams +5.5 :heh: last week

But I also took the under at 48.5 :L

That was pretty stupid

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Russell loves seeing our Dline. :lol:

Seattle's Oline certainly isn't Dallas. And we just did a good job on Dak in the 2nd half - hopefully we can carry that over to this game and the rest of the season. Not sure if their defense is as good as it has been..

This defense has to start clicking eventually.

I would love to see Sammy Watkins smoke Richard Sherman for a deep TD pass! Or just have a big day
in general! :hope:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Sammy Watkins smoke Richard Sherman for a deep TD pass! Or just have a big day
in general! :hope:
He is due! He has yet to lead Ram wide outs in any given game, I'm sure because he is drawing all the attention and leaving guys like Kupp, Woods and Cooper open.

I would love to see Sammy run Richie's ass over.

I'm with you guys, that would make my day... Well that and huge win!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Seattle Seahawks Week 5 Injury Report
Name POS Injury Wed. Status
Rees Odhiambo T Chest Full
Neiko Thorpe CB Ankle Limited
Quinton Jefferson DE Hand Limited
Doug Baldwin WR Groin DNP
Jimmy Graham TE Ankle DNP
Luke Joekel G Knee DNP
C.J. Prosise RB Ankle DNP
Cliff Avril DE Neck DNP
Jeremy Lane CB Groin DNP
Michael Wilhoite LB Hamstring DNP
Richard Sherman CB Groin DNP
Earl Thomas S Knee DNP

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right Zeke! This will be one of the games I will be going to this year, and may determine if I'm going to the Vikings away game or the Seattle away game.

So far, it's Seattle because I've been wanting to go to a home game there for a long time.

As for the Vikings game, my brother in law who is a Vikes fan, goes to a home game every year with a few of his buddies, they usually pick a game when a good team comes to town. We could be 3-6 or we could be 8-1, I'm hoping for the latter of course, but once they decide which game they will go to, if it's the LA Rams, I'll be there.

Still for sure, I'm going to the Arizona game though, that's a lock!

If we can dominate both LOS, we now own the division! .....IMO!....That's a big >>IF!!<<

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Seattle Seahawks Week 5 Injury Report
Name POS Injury Wed. Status
Rees Odhiambo T Chest Full
Neiko Thorpe CB Ankle Limited
Quinton Jefferson DE Hand Limited
Doug Baldwin WR Groin DNP
Jimmy Graham TE Ankle DNP
Luke Joekel G Knee DNP
C.J. Prosise RB Ankle DNP
Cliff Avril DE Neck DNP
Jeremy Lane CB Groin DNP
Michael Wilhoite LB Hamstring DNP
Richard Sherman CB Groin DNP
Earl Thomas S Knee DNP

Holy Crapp! .That's a lot of starters! .......I'm hoping Sherman plays!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can dominate both LOS, we now own the division! .....IMO!....That's a big >>IF!!<<
Imagine if we had Dominique Easley on the defensive front Zeke! Keeping that front fresh would go along way against a scrambling QB's like Wilson.

I like what we've been seeing with the OL, they have been getting better each & every game, and it is showing up in our running game numbers. Todd has earned more rushing yards in every game than the game prior, if this trend continues, maybe he's at 200 yards per game by the time we play the 49ers again. :D

I want us to win of course, it will be a huge confidence builder for this Rams team, and could set us in the right direction for the rest of the season. (Hopefully send the Seahags in their rightful direction too! We all know which way that is. :dhd:)

But if we do drop this one, all I ask is for a competitive game where we possibly have a chance to win near games end. The sky wont be falling if we don't take the victory, we will still be tied for first place in the wins/loss columns after 5 weeks, and we really need to understand that the divisional games are hardest games to win, even at home.

Look no further than the Whiners game, (Even though it was on the road) that divisional game was touch & go at the end even though it looked to be signed, sealed & delivered mid-way through the 4th quarter. Also, the Hags are the reigning NFC Champs and have a pretty good & tenured HC. They have some very talented players who expect to win week in and week out. So they have a lot going for them, and have had a lot going for them for some time now, so let's not let that 2-2 record fool us.

I really want a win, but I understand what we are up against, and as long as our Defense continues to struggle, my expectations going into these divisional games will be tempered because we're just not there yet. We are having a banner start to the season though, and we could even be 5-0 along with Atlanta if a few things here & there vs the Skins go our way. (Like AD reporting to training camp on time, in game shape & deep into the Phillips system for instance for that game)

Oh well worst case scenario, we're 3-2 and tied for first place with Seattle and possibly Arizona, which isn't bad at all considering what we've been up against. With that however 4-1 with a 2 game lead on LY's Division Champs and if Philly takes care of business at home like expected, we walk away with at least a 2 game lead on the Division.

That my friend is a whole lot better Zeke, so let's all keep our finger crossed, and hope we get the win! :hope:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Prosise doesn't play, keep an eye out for McKissic. He was impressive on limited touches last week; big yardage and 2 TDs. He reminded me a bit of Tyreek Hill, very quick and elusive, RB that has played WR, etc.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, on our first series I'm expecting a play-action pass to Robert Woods using Sammy as a decoy on the other side.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home cooking, home crowd, and I bet we will see a lot fewer empty seats this week.
The place will be rockin......:thumb: