• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams, 10/08/17, 1:05 pm PDT

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game, but saw the highlights. It would have been nice to see them win one in the final seconds. We are young and will just have to learn from this. Anyhow I am surprised with our record so far and play on offence. I just cant figure out what's up with Aaron Donald? Someone needs to light a fire under his ass! :mad2:
The only reason we lost this game zeke was because we were -3 in turnovers with a total of 5!

AD played well IMO, they need to get his deal done, or he needs to concede a little and take the deal presented, one or the other because they really can't be that far apart, can they?

As far as the win in the final seconds, we actually had two chances in the final minutes, and one of those was to at least tie. On the first chance, with a chance to tie and plenty of time, Whitworth gets beat for the first time this year practically, and Goff has the blindside fumble as started his throwing motion. That led to a Seahags fieldgoal and the need to get beyond Greg's range to extend the game and tie it up.

The last chance, the Rams offense started a their own 25 and moved the ball to the Seahags 20 in about a minute before turning it over on downs with 5 seconds to go. That was impressive, and the Rams should have had the ball IMO at the goal with 5 seconds to go on a defensive pass interference on their last play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant figure out what's up with Aaron Donald? Someone needs to light a fire under his ass! :mad2:

If you're looking for stats out of Donald, he's in a different position from last year which weakens his impact in counting stats IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the reasons we lost was we were wearing those Jeff Fisher uni's. :lol: Also, Kupp is taking the blame for missing the pass attempt that would have been a game-winning TD.

Really, if the refs were fair, that last pass attempt was DEFINITELY pass interference and should have been our ball on the one as Vita as outlined.

I think this will stick in the players and coaches crux for sometime and maybe used as motivation to really get after it and play like we are capable of playing that supports a top five offense and a defense that is getting better game-by-game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats on a hard fought game. Your team is up and coming.
Without question, Seahawk fans and Ram fans won't see eye to eye on the officiating. Seattle is usually one opf the most penalized teams in the league. The Rams got 5 penalties and Seattle was issued 7. Typical for us.
On the last play, the way I see it was it was a poor throw compared to the one just earlier to Kupp. Kupp on the last play was double covered and the ball was low and away.
That's just the way I saw it.
Again, good game.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking for stats out of Donald, he's in a different position from last year which weakens his impact in counting stats IMO.

yah, I understand that, but IMO....AD is good enough and smart enough to be effective in any situation. I think V-mike is right on when he states that it could be a contract thing or lack of a new deal! Hell Russell Wilson is usually running for his life on every down against our d-line. I'll bet he cant sleep at night knowing AD is coming like a freight train on every down!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats on a hard fought game. Your team is up and coming.
Without question, Seahawk fans and Ram fans won't see eye to eye on the officiating. Seattle is usually one opf the most penalized teams in the league. The Rams got 5 penalties and Seattle was issued 7. Typical for us.
On the last play, the way I see it was it was a poor throw compared to the one just earlier to Kupp. Kupp on the last play was double covered and the ball was low and away.
That's just the way I saw it.
Again, good game.
Regardless of the pass location, defenders aren't allowed to hit eligible receivers before the ball gets there, and that's what happened.

And the pass was only low and away because your safety ran into the our WR's path. That low throw, with the safety over the top and the DB in trail was the only place to throw the ball for the WR to have a chance, where the defenders don't have a shot at an INT as long as the WR is allowed to go after the ball, but once the saftey hits the WR (Before the ball gets there) it's looks low and away.

Try this split, trade the team colors for a minute and tell me you don't see the QB throwing the WR open low and away on the crossing route? We see great catches in this league all the time, and if the Safety doesn't hit the WR before the ball gets there, and we'll never know, that could have actually been a great throw and catch.

Just think it's easy to say a ball is overthrown when the receivers path is impeded in one way or another because it looks that way since the WR is no longer near the ball.

Even with that, the stout Seattle defense would just need to hold for 1 play at the goal, so it's not to say the no call (IMO) determined the game. The Rams would have had to get it over for the score and I don't know if that happens, they only were able to punch it in the endzone one other time in 59:55 seconds of the game, so I'm just not sure another 5 seconds would have resulted in a Rams victory.

Seattle is still the favorite in the division, but they need to do something about their run attack. Can't believe Seattle let AD go to the Cards, maybe they just didn't have the cap space, but that must sting a bit for you guys. It would have help Seattle take a strong hold on the Division IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is still the favorite in the division, but they need to do something about their run attack. Can't believe Seattle let AD go to the Cards, maybe they just didn't have the cap space, but that must sting a bit for you guys. It would have help Seattle take a strong hold on the Division IMO.

Seattle doesn't need Peterson, they need OL help.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the pass location, defenders aren't allowed to hit eligible receivers before the ball gets there, and that's what happened.

And the pass was only low and away because your safety ran into the our WR's path. That low throw, with the safety over the top and the DB in trail was the only place to throw the ball for the WR to have a chance, where the defenders don't have a shot at an INT as long as the WR is allowed to go after the ball, but once the saftey hits the WR (Before the ball gets there) it's looks low and away.

Try this split, trade the team colors for a minute and tell me you don't see the QB throwing the WR open low and away on the crossing route? We see great catches in this league all the time, and if the Safety doesn't hit the WR before the ball gets there, and we'll never know, that could have actually been a great throw and catch.

Just think it's easy to say a ball is overthrown when the receivers path is impeded in one way or another because it looks that way since the WR is no longer near the ball.

Even with that, the stout Seattle defense would just need to hold for 1 play at the goal, so it's not to say the no call (IMO) determined the game. The Rams would have had to get it over for the score and I don't know if that happens, they only were able to punch it in the endzone one other time in 59:55 seconds of the game, so I'm just not sure another 5 seconds would have resulted in a Rams victory.

Fair analysis Mike. I just went back and rewatched the final play and I can see your point. Kam was playing the ball as he has that right. He did run into the WR as it appears he had the position and view to play the ball.
I did not hear the REf's position on the non call. The announcers said it was a tremendous defensive play, even Archeleta didn't speak of a flag. Really, that play could have gone either way.
Regarding AP, I don't think most Hawk fans are worried about playing against him. We generally do well against the run as evidenced by our game.
But yes, we do need to do something about our run game, but I don't think it will happen this year.
Good Luck going forward!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great QB's pared with great RB's make any OL look better.

IMO the Seahawks already have RBs equal to or better than the current version of Peterson. Plus, they don't seem to have a chip based on their touches. They just need to get someone continuously healthy enough to establish that depth chart (other than Lacy, who I think has blown his chances).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair analysis Mike. I just went back and rewatched the final play and I can see your point. Kam was playing the ball as he has that right. He did run into the WR as it appears he had the position and view to play the ball.
I did not hear the REf's position. The announcers said it was a tremendous defensive play, even Archeleta didn't speak of a flag on the non call. Really, that play could have gone either way.
Regarding AP, I don't think most Hawk fans are worried about playing against him. We generally do well against the run as evidenced by our game.
But yes, we do need to do something about our run game, but I don't think it will happen this year.
Good Luck going forward!
Go figure, we just see it differently Split, no big surprise there. Cam was facing the ball, but the contact wasn't a result of playing the ball, if it was I would totally agree with you. Again if the unis were flipped I think you probably see it differently.

As for the bold, if you were looking for a reaction from announcers on the play, go back when they show the replay, all the announcer can say is 'Huuummmm'. (He does it twice when they replay it again)

Either way, onward we both go... Cheers bud!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Seahawks already have RBs equal to or better than the current version of Peterson. Plus, they don't seem to have a chip based on their touches. They just need to get someone continuously healthy enough to establish that depth chart (other than Lacy, who I think has blown his chances).
We agree on Lacy, but we don't agree on AP. I think AP could still have something in the tank as a feature back, and you think he is done.

Here AP talks about his role with the Saints and why he feels he didn't stand out...

Peterson: Trade to Cards an 'answer to prayers'

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree on Lacy, but we don't agree on AP. I think AP could still have something in the tank as a feature back, and you think he is done.

Here AP talks about his role with the Saints and why he feels he didn't stand out...

Peterson: Trade to Cards an 'answer to prayers'
Well, my Seahawks will know for sure early in November. I might go to that game. the weather is a bit nicer in November than it is in Seattle.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my Seahawks will know for sure early in November. I might go to that game. the weather is a bit nicer in November than it is in Seattle.
Enjoy the game split! I'll likely get to see AP first hand if he plays vs the Rams in Phoenix. I will be doing an overnighter for that one.

Oh, and I was actually suppose to go to this Seattle game with my Daughter, (Fathers day gift) but she was feeling under the weather. We rescheduled for the Philly game.

Could be fun match up with Goff v Wentz for the first time! Both of these guys are sort of like the real deal these days...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the game split! I'll likely get to see AP first hand if he plays vs the Rams in Phoenix. I will be doing an overnighter for that one.

Oh, and I was actually suppose to go to this Seattle game with my Daughter, (Fathers day gift) but she was feeling under the weather. We rescheduled for the Philly game.

Could be fun match up with Goff v Wentz for the first time! Both of these guys are sort of like the real deal these days...
Cool Mike. Goff vs Wentz for their 1st game would be great to catch live. I wish I had a daughter to take to a game. 3 boys on my team. Took the #1 son to the GB opener as a bucket list scratch. Would have much preferred a travel W than that big fat L we got.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always appreciate your approach to posting on other boards/forums, Uhsplit. You are welcome here anytime, dude!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always appreciate your approach to posting on other boards/forums, Uhsplit. You are welcome here anytime, dude!
:agree:

Just don't go trying to convince us @Uhsplit that no call PI was not a foul!! :trash:

:lol: