• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week #3: Iowa St

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this will be a tough game Saturday. I voted in the poll that ISU would beat Iowa in Ames this year. Frankly, I think this game should be won by Iowa - easily. I say that knowing that KF is 6-8 overall against ISU in his career.

I think it is safe to say that ISU will load the box to stop Iowa's potent run game and force Rudock to win the game through the air. And I think that plays right into Iowa's favor!!! I look for Rudock to get his first 300 yard passing game to go with 3 TDs! The passing game forces ISU out of the box and the running game will be able to take over and control the clock in the second half.

How conservative does KF make things for Rudock Saturday? I don't remember Iowa throwing the ball deep against Missouri St -- but maybe they did?? Iowa went deep against NIU several times in the first half with success. Strange! Maybe that was because KF was in the crapper back in the first half of the NIU game?

Will KF allow Parker to come with the blitz packages? We saw more blitzes against Missouri St - a I-AA team - than what we saw against NIU. I really hope to see Iowa's D-line lock up the ISU O-line freeing up Iowa's LBing corps to come up and crush people!!!

Iowa should win this game going away!! Having said that, I'm fearful of Mr. Conservative changing his name to Mr. Ultra Conservative and allowing ISU to stay in it and pull of the upset against Iowa. If KF loses this game - again - can we really call this an upset? KF would go to 6-9 for his career --- ouch city!!!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa loses by 20 in this game. It sucks watching that pathetic team on the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Hoops on this one! Isu can't stop the run and will have to make up for that by loading the box. Iowa is easily the better team. If Iowa loses, Ferentz should lose his job immediately after the game and should be banned from Iowa City!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is the Fire Ferentz stuff will certainly resurface big time if Iowa does not beat a so-so ISU this year, even if this game is in Ames.

If Davis is smart he will call 75% run plays, eating the ball for most of the game allowing Rudoch to free up some WRs/TEs with some timely play action passes.

I see a low scoring game, 17-13 Iowa.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the bowl game this year for both teams. Low scoring affair, Iowa wins...High scoring Iowa State Loses...confused...I'm now on the Hawkeye bandwagon...got deterred a little after the scare from Mizz. St. The waters have calmed and I've sobered up....if ISU loses, I won't hear about Fire Ferentz...I'll be in lockdown DETOX!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk Central has a small article about the predictions from ESPN.com, bleacher report and others...8 out of 14 have the Cyclones winning...smh

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what, we do lose this game and I am not sure any of us should show up to post the rest of the season...we should win this game by 10 or more on paper and talent alone...but they better show up on the field and put this baby in the W column.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that Iowa tried to blowout Missouri State.

Iowa has a 2 RB system
vs NIU, 4 different players had at least 1 carry and 2 had at least 6 carries.
vs MoSt, 6 different players had at least 1 carry and 4 had at least 6 carries.

vs NIU, Iowa passed the ball 37 times and ran 43 times
vs MoSt, Iowa passed the ball 28 times and ran 58 times

vs NIU, Iowa had 6 penalties for 35 yards
vs MoSt, Iowa had 11 penalties for 100 yards

Here's what I'm thinking with these stats. Iowa wasn't doing a normal game plan vs MoSt, which gave them more penalties. KF realized they were going to win, but tried a few players he could afford to try vs any other team. He also wasn't near as balanced on the offense. I think they were well aware of the balance during NIU and didn't care vs MoSt.

I think Iowa will play a lot better vs ISU than they did vs MoSt. Even though Iowa has one of the best LB corps in the nation, they have an awful DL and DBs. I can see ISU keeping it close because of that but I think Iowa's offense will look better than they did vs NIU.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone noticed...they have another LB named KNOTT...4 more years of losses coming our way.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone noticed...they have another LB named KNOTT...4 more years of losses coming our way.

Iowa has a LB named Kirksey

also one named Morris

oh, and Hitchens

And last year, they made up 3 of the top 5 in the B1G in tackles last year. Kirksey was 1st. This Knott hasn't been proven.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State will beat the shit out of us....pause...KNOTT!!!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Iowa winning 28-27.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish they would get to it, I think this year more than others it seems this week has gone on for a year, hurry up 5 pm, I get to see the first half at least so get to it and put the beat down on ole Cy.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, Iowa St is bad this year! Iowa dominates this game on the ground but doesn't have the score board reflect that dominance.

This was an ugly win tonight. Thanks largely to bad special teams play on an onside kick.

I'm concerned about Iowa's secondary coverage. Lowery misses his tackle and then gets victimized for ISU's first two TDs. Looked like Miller broke a coverage on ISUs last TD.

The D-line dominated things up front today for the Hawks. But I also think ISU's O-line is bad!

Four more wins to go for bowl eligibility. Next week should be a win against W. Michigan.

Go Hawks!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hawkeye fans are laughing at the cyclones. cyclones have no talent and won't win a game this season.